Author Topic: Obama asks Congress to back IMF boost and give $100 billion to IMF Fund  (Read 922 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Obama asks Congress to back IMF boost 

Apr 20 06:15 PM US/Eastern

The US Capitol in Washington. President Barack Obama Monday asked Congress ...

G-20 Leaders Agree to Dole Out $1 Trillion to IMF & World Bank

President Barack Obama Monday asked Congress to back an expansion of an IMF emergency fund by 500 billion dollars in a move designed to expand its reach to big emerging market nations.

Obama also asked lawmakers to approve a US contribution to the fund to 100 billion dollars, as part of the plan to swell International Monetary Fund reserves agreed at this month's Group of 20 summit in London.

The president made the request in several letters to Democratic and Republican congressional leaders on Monday, pointing out that the fund did not require an extra financial outlay from the United States.

When Washington transfers funds to the IMF under the program, known as an expansion of the New Arrangements to Borrow (NAB), it would receive interest bearing assets in return, backed up by IMF resources including gold stocks.

"Our proposal to increase US participation in the NAB by up to 100 billion as part of an overall increase of 500 billion dollars was warmly endorsed by the G20 Leaders," the letters said.

"I am asking for your help to deliver on that commitment by supporting inclusion of the NAB and related IMF proposals in the most timely legislative vehicle that will enable the United States to act quickly," Obama wrote.

"Rapid progress is essential to the restoration of confidence in the global economy and financial system so that the global economy can emerge from recession to recovery and to sustained growth.

The IMF was the main beneficiary at the Group of 20 London summit where leaders agreed to triple its war chest to 750 billion dollars by adding 500 billion dollars, some of it already pledged.

Obama made the request in letters to two Democrats: House of Representatives speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority leader Harry Reid; and Republican House leader John Boehner and Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _______________

Where does this chaos end?   

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
wait, what?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
wait, what?

It looks like Obama's promises behind closed doors at the G20 Summit are coming out. 

Disgusting. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
What the fuck >:(  I swear to god, it must be that aliens mind suck each president as they enter the white house.  >:( >:( >:( >:(  IMF?  seriously, WTF!!!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
What the fuck >:(  I swear to god, it must be that aliens mind suck each president as they enter the white house.  >:( >:( >:( >:(  IMF?  seriously, WTF!!!

Obama=same old shit.
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

This is unreal and how news is manipluated for the lemmings, lackeys, and drones.

ZERO comes out yesterday all proud of his announcement of $100 million in cuts (which is nothing) knowing that will get the news while he pledges $100 BILLION to the IMF.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
oh the both of you can go fuck yourselves.  neither of you have an ounce of understanding beyond the spending of what this bullshit actually means.

good morning ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
oh the both of you can go fuck yourselves.  neither of you have an ounce of understanding beyond the spending of what this bullshit actually means.

good morning ;D

What?????

You support this???

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
You support this???
No, no way in hell,
good night :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No, no way in hell,
good night :)

Its 9 am where I am. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Its 9 am where I am. 
jesus speedy gonzales...  I guess you had your coffee with 4 extra shots.  quick on the reply button much?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
jesus speedy gonzales...  I guess you had your coffee with 4 extra shots.  quick on the reply button much?

I have been up since 5:30.  I had to take the car in for service. 

Anyway, this story made me freaking paranoid this morning.   Too late I guess, I'm already there.   :) :)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Mexicans.
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Mexicans.

Is that the answer to this additional theft????  Only kidding.

Seriously though, Is Obama doing blow again????

I think we need to seriously ask this question.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Is that the answer to this additional theft????  Only kidding.

Seriously though, Is Obama doing blow again????

I think we need to seriously ask this question.

Mexicans...and some Guatemalans...
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Mexicans...and some Guatemalans...

County to pay illegal immigrant $4 million in jail beating case
Orange County Register | 4/20/2009 | NORBERTO SANTANA JR. AND TONY SAAVEDRA

Posted on Monday, April 20, 2009 11:51:03 PM by South40

County officials have agreed to pay more than $4 million to settle a lawsuit brought by an undocumented Mexican immigrant who was beaten by inmates while in custody at the Orange County jail, the man's attorney said Monday.

The settlement appears to be the largest ever paid by Orange County for an in-custody incident involving county sheriffs, according to county officials and the man's lawyer.

Fernando Ramirez, then 21, was left brain damaged by inmates in Module A at the Orange County Central Jail in June 2006. He was jailed after a 6-year-old girl told her mother a stranger touched her over her clothes on her private parts at El Salvador Park in Santa Ana. Ramirez was charged with child molestation but eventually pled guilty to the lesser charge of non-sexual battery, said his attorney, Mark Eisenberg.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

County to pay illegal immigrant $4 million in jail beating case
Orange County Register | 4/20/2009 | NORBERTO SANTANA JR. AND TONY SAAVEDRA

Posted on Monday, April 20, 2009 11:51:03 PM by South40

County officials have agreed to pay more than $4 million to settle a lawsuit brought by an undocumented Mexican immigrant who was beaten by inmates while in custody at the Orange County jail, the man's attorney said Monday.

The settlement appears to be the largest ever paid by Orange County for an in-custody incident involving county sheriffs, according to county officials and the man's lawyer.

Fernando Ramirez, then 21, was left brain damaged by inmates in Module A at the Orange County Central Jail in June 2006. He was jailed after a 6-year-old girl told her mother a stranger touched her over her clothes on her private parts at El Salvador Park in Santa Ana. Ramirez was charged with child molestation but eventually pled guilty to the lesser charge of non-sexual battery, said his attorney, Mark Eisenberg.

ASk Hereford...
I hate the State.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Where is all this money coming from?Wouldnt this be like me buying a brand new house with a credit card?When all these bills come due,where is the money?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Where is all this money coming from?Wouldnt this be like me buying a brand new house with a credit card?When all these bills come due,where is the money?

"Hope & Change" will take care of that.  Dont worry, ZERO is an economic Jedi Master and all will be fine. 

Check this out.  This is how screwed are.  The truth tellers are derided and the liars cheered on.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
THE MIDDLE CLASS...LOL which is what is so ironic, barry and his followers are quit to yell they are getting a cut but dont understand that they will pay for this for to many generations to count from now on.

Hereford

• Getbig V

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I hate the State.

Hereford

• Getbig V
Am I heading up your list today?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...