Author Topic: San Fran mayor officially announces his bid for governor  (Read 535 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
San Fran mayor officially announces his bid for governor
« on: April 21, 2009, 11:21:23 AM »
I wonder what his ex-wife and former campaign manager think about this.   ::)

San Fran mayor officially announces his bid for governor
Posted: 01:18 PM ET

From CNN's Sarah Parker

The San Francisco mayor on Tuesday formally declared his intent to enter California's gubernatorial race.
(CNN) – Gavin Newsom has made it official. The San Francisco mayor on Tuesday formally declared his intent to enter California's gubernatorial race.

The California Democrat used the new media social-networking sites Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook to announce his bid to succeed the current governor, Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger.

"We can't afford to keep returning to the same old tired ideas and expect a different result," Newsom said in a three-minute YouTube announcement on his Web site, GavinNewsom.com. "I'm a candidate for governor of California because I know we can do better."

But Newsom could face a tough challenge in the Golden State's Democratic primary, with competition from Lt. Gov. John Garamendi and state Attorney General Jerry Brown.

"Gavin Newsom has a formidable obstacle in former California governor and current Attorney General Jerry Brown, who much better known statewide and has deep roots in the Democratic party, especially with Hispanic voters," said CNN senior political analyst Bill Schneider.

"Newsom has said that he's the Barack Obama in the race and that Brown is the Hillary Clinton, meaning that Newsom is young and fresh and that Brown is out of date. Brown tells me he thinks that argument is silly and irrelevant," Schneider said. "There is one issue that Newsom is linked, and that is gay marriage. He allowed same-sex marriages in San Francisco until the courts intervened. This could be a plus for him in the Democratic primary but a problem in the general election."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: San Fran mayor officially announces his bid for governor
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 11:26:36 AM »
Any twosome Newsome as Dr. Savage says it.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 11:34:53 AM »
Well,hes certainly done a bang up job in San Fran.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 12:53:41 PM »
This guy is horrible.  He probably won't be a factor in the race.  I hope.   >:(

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 02:17:21 PM »
This guy is horrible.  He probably won't be a factor in the race.  I hope.   >:(

Sarah and Hooman seem to like him...

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 02:39:37 PM »
Sarah and Hooman seem to like him...

Alice morning show............ugh.  They like everyone.