Author Topic: Did waterboarding save Los Angeles from 9/11 Attack?? Experts say Yes.  (Read 877 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Did 'enhanced interrogation' save Los Angeles?
American Thinker ^ | April 21, 2009 | William Tate

Posted on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 2:32:59 AM by 2ndDivisionVet

If you live in L.A. and didn't die in a terrorist attack, you may owe it to the CIA's use of the "enhanced interrogation techniques" that are currently under fire from the Obama administration and the left-wing fringe.

In a compelling Op-Ed in Tuesday's Washington Post, Marc A. Thiessen disproves Barack Obama's hollow claim that such techniques "did not make us safer." Rather than following the MSM lead and merely parroting the Obamatons' talking points after the release of previously-classified memos this week, Thiessen actually examined the documents.

Thiessen concludes that Obama's contention is "patently false. The proof is in the memos Obama made public -- in sections that have gone virtually unreported in the media."

"...that have gone virtually unreported in the media." No surprise there. The legacy media has proved to be singularly un-inquisitive when it comes to facts that get in the way of Obama talking points.

Thiessen specifically refers to a May, 2005 memo regarding two top al Qaeda operatives, Khalid Sheik Mohammed and Abu Zubaydah:

"the CIA believes 'the intelligence acquired from these interrogations has been a key reason why al Qaeda has failed to launch a spectacular attack in the West since 11 September 2001.' . . . In particular, the CIA believes that it would have been unable to obtain critical information from numerous detainees, including [Khalid Sheik Mohammed] and Abu Zubaydah, without these enhanced techniques... Before the CIA used enhanced techniques ... KSM resisted giving any answers to questions about future attacks, simply noting, 'Soon you will find out.' "

But once the enhanced techniques were used, "interrogations have led to specific, actionable intelligence, as well as a general increase in the amount of intelligence regarding al Qaeda and its affiliates."

In other words, the techniques worked when previous interrogation methods had failed.

Indeed, the memos point out that the only way to get information from Qaeda operatives may be through the use of such enhanced methods:

"as Abu Zubaydah himself explained with respect to enhanced techniques, 'brothers who are captured and interrogated are permitted by Allah to provide information when they believe they have reached the limit of their ability to withhold it in the face of psychological and physical hardship." \

The CIA documents reveal specifically that the enhanced techniques:

"led to the discovery of a KSM plot, the 'Second Wave,' 'to use East Asian operatives to crash a hijacked airliner into' a building in Los Angeles... information obtained from KSM also led to the capture of Riduan bin Isomuddin, better known as Hambali, and the discovery of the Guraba Cell, a 17-member Jemmah Islamiyah cell tasked with executing the 'Second Wave.' "

Further, the memo states that KSM might never have been captured, and the information he revealed never learned, without enhanced interrogation techniques used against Zubaydah.

"...Zubaydah -- again, once enhanced techniques were employed -- furnished detailed information regarding al Qaeda's 'organizational structure, key operatives, and modus operandi' and identified KSM as the mastermind of the September 11 attacks."

The 'Second Wave' attack planned by KSM, thwarted by the use of enhanced interrogation techniques, would have hijacked a jetliner and crashed it into the Library Tower in Los Angeles, the tallest building on the West Coast. Thiessen points out, "without enhanced interrogations, there could be a hole in the ground in Los Angeles to match the one in New York."

But the impact would have been far worse than the physical devastation to L.A and the resultant thousands of casualties. The nation was reeling after 9/11, deadly anthrax was being delivered through the mail, the economy was in trouble. A follow-up attack on the West Coast would have meant that, potentially, no one was safe. The effect would have been devastating.

Even Obama's hand-picked CIA Director, has admitted that he might consent to enhanced interrogation techniques under a "ticking time bomb" scenario. And that is exactly the scenario in which the techniques were used during the Bush administration.

Perhaps the next time that Obama takes his Tele-prompter to L.A. to discuss "Overseas Contingency Operations," he should be grateful that they were.

________________________ ________________________ ___________________

Thank you CIA, you saved the lieves of thousands and did so by pouring water over terrorists heads.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

Thank you CIA, you saved the lieves of thousands and did so by pouring water over terrorists heads.

yes, thank the gods and the CIA... It would be terrible to lose any lieves.

What is a lieve anyway :D

jk ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
yes, thank the gods and the CIA... It would be terrible to lose any lieves.

What is a lieve anyway :D

jk ;D

My spelling is off. 

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
Did 'enhanced interrogation' save Los Angeles?
American Thinker ^ | April 21, 2009 | William Tate

Posted on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 2:32:59 AM by 2ndDivisionVet

If you live in L.A. and didn't die in a terrorist attack, you may owe it to the CIA's use of the "enhanced interrogation techniques" that are currently under fire from the Obama administration and the left-wing fringe.

In a compelling Op-Ed in Tuesday's Washington Post, Marc A. Thiessen disproves Barack Obama's hollow claim that such techniques "did not make us safer." Rather than following the MSM lead and merely parroting the Obamatons' talking points after the release of previously-classified memos this week, Thiessen actually examined the documents.

Thiessen concludes that Obama's contention is "patently false. The proof is in the memos Obama made public -- in sections that have gone virtually unreported in the media."

"...that have gone virtually unreported in the media." No surprise there. The legacy media has proved to be singularly un-inquisitive when it comes to facts that get in the way of Obama talking points.

Thiessen specifically refers to a May, 2005 memo regarding two top al Qaeda operatives, Khalid Sheik Mohammed and Abu Zubaydah:

"the CIA believes 'the intelligence acquired from these interrogations has been a key reason why al Qaeda has failed to launch a spectacular attack in the West since 11 September 2001.' . . . In particular, the CIA believes that it would have been unable to obtain critical information from numerous detainees, including [Khalid Sheik Mohammed] and Abu Zubaydah, without these enhanced techniques... Before the CIA used enhanced techniques ... KSM resisted giving any answers to questions about future attacks, simply noting, 'Soon you will find out.' "

But once the enhanced techniques were used, "interrogations have led to specific, actionable intelligence, as well as a general increase in the amount of intelligence regarding al Qaeda and its affiliates."

In other words, the techniques worked when previous interrogation methods had failed.

Indeed, the memos point out that the only way to get information from Qaeda operatives may be through the use of such enhanced methods:

"as Abu Zubaydah himself explained with respect to enhanced techniques, 'brothers who are captured and interrogated are permitted by Allah to provide information when they believe they have reached the limit of their ability to withhold it in the face of psychological and physical hardship." \

The CIA documents reveal specifically that the enhanced techniques:

"led to the discovery of a KSM plot, the 'Second Wave,' 'to use East Asian operatives to crash a hijacked airliner into' a building in Los Angeles... information obtained from KSM also led to the capture of Riduan bin Isomuddin, better known as Hambali, and the discovery of the Guraba Cell, a 17-member Jemmah Islamiyah cell tasked with executing the 'Second Wave.' "

Further, the memo states that KSM might never have been captured, and the information he revealed never learned, without enhanced interrogation techniques used against Zubaydah.

"...Zubaydah -- again, once enhanced techniques were employed -- furnished detailed information regarding al Qaeda's 'organizational structure, key operatives, and modus operandi' and identified KSM as the mastermind of the September 11 attacks."

The 'Second Wave' attack planned by KSM, thwarted by the use of enhanced interrogation techniques, would have hijacked a jetliner and crashed it into the Library Tower in Los Angeles, the tallest building on the West Coast. Thiessen points out, "without enhanced interrogations, there could be a hole in the ground in Los Angeles to match the one in New York."

But the impact would have been far worse than the physical devastation to L.A and the resultant thousands of casualties. The nation was reeling after 9/11, deadly anthrax was being delivered through the mail, the economy was in trouble. A follow-up attack on the West Coast would have meant that, potentially, no one was safe. The effect would have been devastating.

Even Obama's hand-picked CIA Director, has admitted that he might consent to enhanced interrogation techniques under a "ticking time bomb" scenario. And that is exactly the scenario in which the techniques were used during the Bush administration.

Perhaps the next time that Obama takes his Tele-prompter to L.A. to discuss "Overseas Contingency Operations," he should be grateful that they were.

________________________ ________________________ ___________________

Of course it appears that many on this board would have preferred that L.A. had been attacked, and that we had not made the poor, misunderstood Terrorist
uncomfortable. The fact that we weren't polite and accomodating to this guy seems to be way more important than preventing the attack. Since I realize now that not only can I not relate to that type of thinking, that it's also a total waste of time to debate this topic on this board with people that have absolutely no common sense at all. There is nothing to be gained by debating people who feel the civil rights of deranged Islamic fanatics is more important than innocent lives. I'm done.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
People like Decker, Lurker and rest of the gang keep telling me that waterboarding does not work.

This story puts that liberal lie to rest as well as their lies that GWB did not make us safer.  For all faults, this is the one thing he did do right. 

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
i am a LIBERAL for waterboarding so now STFU about liberals because you dont know jack shit about us

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
People like Decker, Lurker and rest of the gang keep telling me that waterboarding does not work.

This story puts that liberal lie to rest as well as their lies that GWB did not make us safer.  For all faults, this is the one thing he did do right. 

You know the truth..you have common sense. Trying to convince others that don't will only frustrate you. Yes, you may enlighten the occasional liberal who has an open mind, but mostly it's a waste of time. Besides, now we have a President who want to prosecute the people that tried to protect us.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
i am a LIBERAL for waterboarding so now STFU about liberals because you dont know jack shit about us

You are the exception, not the rule. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

He could have stopped 9/11; he had all the information from the CIA and FBI and what did he do with it? Complete incompetence... :-X
I hate the State.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
please clear this up for me:

why isn't this true?

Which aspects of this plot could Khalid Shaikh Mohammed's waterboarding have revealed?

We learned about Al Qaeda's interest in flying planes into buildings on September 11, 2001.

We knew about Al Qaeda's use of shoe bombs from Richard Reid, captured in December 22, 2001.

We knew about Jemaah Islamiyah at least since the Bali Bomb attack on October 12, 2002.

The "key al Qaeda operative" and pilot for the plot, Zaini Zakari, was arrested by Malaysian authorities in December 2002.

Khalid Shaikh Mohammed was captured in Rawalpindi, Pakistan on March 1, 2003 — after the plot was discovered, after the plot was "derailed", after the pilot of the plane was captured. Khaled Sheikh Mohammed could not have "provided valuable information and saved lives" when all aspects of the plot were well-known and the attack had been foiled prior to his capture.

http://waterboarding.org/success_story

OzmO

• Getbig V
Re: Did waterboarding save Los Angeles from 9/11 Attack?? Experts say Yes.
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 08:37:44 AM »
bump

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 11:45:47 AM »
please clear this up for me:

why isn't this true?

http://waterboarding.org/success_story

Because it conflicts with what the CIA said:   

In particular, the CIA believes that it would have been unable to obtain critical information from numerous detainees, including [Khalid Sheik Mohammed] and Abu Zubaydah, without these enhanced techniques... Before the CIA used enhanced techniques ... KSM resisted giving any answers to questions about future attacks, simply noting, 'Soon you will find out.' "

According to the CIA, it averted a second attack. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 12:03:37 PM »
Because it conflicts with what the CIA said:   

In particular, the CIA believes that it would have been unable to obtain critical information from numerous detainees, including [Khalid Sheik Mohammed] and Abu Zubaydah, without these enhanced techniques... Before the CIA used enhanced techniques ... KSM resisted giving any answers to questions about future attacks, simply noting, 'Soon you will find out.' "

According to the CIA, it averted a second attack. 

So which is true?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 12:11:23 PM »
So which is true?

I don't know for certain, but I'll take the CIA's version that it prevented a second attack over some blogger who thinks it did not. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 12:18:28 PM »
I don't know for certain, but I'll take the CIA's version that it prevented a second attack over some blogger who thinks it did not. 

QFT. 

What makes me extremely upset is the lie that the CIA is doing this for fun or for kicks.  These are professional people who are doing this solely out of necessity to save us from a horrific attack.  In this case, the CIA saved us from potentially thousands of deaths and billions and billions in losses. 

If Traitor in Chief cannot understand that, than we are in even worse trouble than I originally thought.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 12:21:54 PM »

I don't think i believe either of them.

First you have a blogger who's sources and info is open to inaccuracy and question.

Second you have the CIA who as part of their business is to lie and produces this "report" in the mists of water boarding controversy and possible convictions of members of the government.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 12:24:08 PM »
I don't think i believe either of them.

First you have a blogger who's sources and info is open to inaccuracy and question.

Second you have the CIA who as part of their business is to lie and produces this "report" in the mists of water boarding controversy and possible convictions of members of the government.

yur a dumb fucking lib!
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 12:24:39 PM »
So now bloggers are more informed than Obama's own guy Hayden?

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 01:04:07 PM »
I bet the most hated T.V. show among liberals is "24". It must infuriate them beyond imagination to watch scenes of Jack Bauer torturing those poor, misunderstood and highly sympathetic terrorists to help save the world again and again. Funny though, the show has many parrellels in real life. In this season, a politician was intent on prosecuting Bauer for torture even though his methods prevented countless biological and nuclear attacks over several years.