Author Topic: DHS Chief Napolitano: Illegal Immigration Is Not a Crime  (Read 917 times)

The Coach

DHS Chief Napolitano: Illegal Immigration Is Not a Crime
« on: April 22, 2009, 12:01:26 PM »
Fine choice Obama >:(

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 11:26 AM

By: Jim Meyers     

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano stunned many listeners during an appearance on CNN when she asserted that illegal immigration is really not a crime.

In an interview with CNN’s John King last week, Napolitano discussed Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, Ariz., a strict enforcer of immigration laws who says he wants illegal aliens to be prosecuted and jailed.

King said: “A lot of Democrats in Congress want you to investigate him. They think he is over the line. He says he is just enforcing the law and the problem is the federal government.”

Napolitano responded: “Sheriff Joe … knows that there aren’t enough law enforcement officers, courtrooms or jail cells in the world to do what he is saying.

“What we have to do is target the real evil-doers in this business, the employers who consistently hire illegal labor, the human traffickers who are exploiting human misery.

“And yes, when we find illegal workers, yes, appropriate action, some of which is criminal, most of that is civil, because crossing the border is not a crime per se. It is civil. But anyway, going after those as well.”

The fact is, crossing the border without authorization is a crime. The statute reads: “Any alien who enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers . . . shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both.”

© 2009 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/napolitano_illegals_crime/2009/04/22/205948.html?s=al&promo_code=7E6E-1

Mons Venus

Re: DHS Chief Napolitano: Illegal Immigration Is Not a Crime
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 12:04:13 PM »
I love Sticky Studz!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 12:23:37 PM »
I really hate this bitch. 

Between the DHS memo on "right wing extremeism", the mess she made with Canada, and now this, she really is a dike not ready for prime time.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 12:27:13 PM »
u lost they won move on

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 12:29:14 PM »
u lost they won move on

Sorry, it dont work that way.

These  dope addicts are putting lives at risk, yours and mine. 

Illegal immigration is a serious issue and DHS, Obama, and Holder are once again undermining all of our efforts to curb dangerous behavior.

The Coach

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 12:32:21 PM »
u lost they won move on

We've all lost.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 12:42:34 PM »
Whaaaat.  We can't expect her to know everything, but this is something she should absolutely have a firm grasp on.  Let's see if the media follows up on this. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 12:43:58 PM »
Whaaaat.  We can't expect her to know everything, but this is something she should absolutely have a firm grasp on.  Let's see if the media follows up on this. 

She is dealing with the flap right now over her Canada insult.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 12:48:15 PM »
HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Obama/Bush =    Same Shit, Different Pile.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 12:51:12 PM »

National Post 
Published: Wednesday, April 22, 2009

More On This Story
Napolitano's Canada terror claims border on insane

Envoy rebukes U.S. for linking 9/11 terrorists to Canada

Full Pundit: Meet the new Homeland Security boss

Letter: Two Americans say 'Sorry, Canada'

National Post editorial board: Our borders are safe

The wacky world of Janet Napolitano
Related Topics
Janet Napolitano

September 11 Attacks

Terrorism

U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano, in January 2009.

Can someone please tell us how U. S. Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano got her job? She appears to be about as knowledgeable about border issues as a late-night radio call-in yahoo.

In an interview broadcast Monday on the CBC, Ms. Napolitano attempted to justify her call for stricter border security on the premise that "suspected or known terrorists" have entered the U. S. across the Canadian border, including the perpetrators of the 9/11 attack.

All the 9/11 terrorists, of course, entered the United States directly from overseas. The notion that some arrived via Canada is a myth that briefly popped up in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, and was then quickly debunked.

Informed of her error, Ms. Napolitano blustered: "I can't talk to that. I can talk about the future. And here's the future. The future is we have borders."

Just what does that mean, exactly?

Just a few weeks ago, Ms. Napolitano equated Canada's border to Mexico's, suggesting they deserved the same treatment. Mexico is engulfed in a drug war that left more than 5,000 dead last year, and which is spawning a spillover kidnapping epidemic in Arizona. So many Mexicans enter the United States illegally that a multi-billion-dollar barrier has been built from Texas to California to keep them out.

In Canada, on the other hand, the main problem is congestion resulting from cross-border trade. Not quite the same thing, is it?

________________________ ________________________ _________________

Hope & Change!

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 02:30:28 PM »
I rest my case. The only thing you have to say, no argumentation, no debate, no information. Thank you for proving my point.

Instead of the silly one liners, please explain to us why you feel: an continuing escalation of illegal aliens benefits the United States of America? How Obama's new security measures are going to strengthen our national defense against further attacks? Please explain why your position on these issues is superior to the "Right wing douchebags" you keep ridiculing. Seriously. Let's hear it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 02:35:33 PM »
Instead of the silly one liners, please explain to us why you feel: an continuing escalation of illegal aliens benefits the United States of America? How Obama's new security measures are going to strengthen our national defense against further attacks? Please explain why your position on these issues is superior to the "Right wing douchebags" you keep ridiculing. Seriously. Let's hear it.

There is no defense to this insanity. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 03:00:49 PM »

Huh?

I am AGAINST illegal immigration.

Always have been.

I don't know about Obama's security measures, pretty much the same as G.W.'s. Continuing to meddle in other countries and their affairs=less safe for the US. We need to mind our own business and focus on our own problems, which include curbing illegal immigration.
I hate the State.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 03:05:07 PM »
Huh?

I am AGAINST illegal immigration.

Always have been.

I don't know about Obama's security measures, pretty much the same as G.W.'s. Continuing to meddle in other countries and their affairs=less safe for the US. We need to mind our own business and focus on our own problems, which include curbing illegal immigration.
OK. Just curious, because anytime someone seems to post something that is contrary to sterotypical liberal views, you tend to chime in with an attack on that person. Maybe I'm just imagining things..sorry. Carry on.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 03:07:44 PM »
OK. Just curious, because anytime someone seems to post something that is contrary to sterotypical liberal views, you tend to chime in with an attack on that person. Maybe I'm just imagining things..sorry. Carry on.

Well, I think as a libertarian one often finds oneself in the middle so I tend to agree with 'rightwing' people on issues of immigration, spending and finance and with 'leftwing' people on foreign policy and civil liberties.

I hate the State.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 03:11:15 PM »
Well, I think as a libertarian one often finds oneself in the middle so I tend to agree with 'rightwing' people on issues of immigration, spending and finance and with 'leftwing' people on foreign policy and civil liberties.

Fair enough. I don't always agree with  the Right wings views on the environment, personally. I don't like to see the planet get polluted and it seems that isn't a big concern to those folks. On defense issues and most other issues I tend to side with them, however.