Author Topic: "Legends" fights  (Read 778 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
"Legends" fights
« on: April 24, 2009, 11:01:00 AM »
WIth the now inevitable downfall of Liddell... and the likes of others, such as Coleman, Shammy (ken) etc etc, i think i'd be cool to have another division of older more washed up legends fight..

I'd like to see a chuck v. Shammy fight, just for fun..   I can't believe these two haven't fought.. correct me if i'm wrong

chixlegs

• Getbig III
Re: "Legends" fights
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 11:37:46 AM »
Kind of an "old timers" league for fighters?  Just think, instead of someone's mouthpiece being knocked out it would be their dentures flying across the ring.  I love it!!   ;D

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 12:27:53 PM »
lol... seems like a good idea

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 12:08:14 AM »
ive always said thats a great idea for acouple reasons, it gives the pioneers of the ufc/mma a chance to get a piece of the pie that they are in a big way responsable for making. these guys where fighting sometimes 4 fights in 1 night with no gloves,less rules ect, these guys paved the way for guys like chuck,randy,tito ect who are all livin in huge,beatiful homes cause of these oldtimers.

the least dana could do is set up a old timers day ufc and just charge like 15$ or so and old school guys like myself would love to see it, dont get me wrong, i know its not going to be the greatest fights in ufc history but it gives them a chance to get in the octagon again and relive some of thier glory days.

thats the problem with this country, you have guys walking around limping or missing an arm or leg who fought for our great country in veitnam when most of us where in diapers or still swimming in our daddy,s nuts nice and sleeping safely in our beds cause these guys where over there defending us, getting shot and maimed or even killed. and the goverment gives alot of them older vets  a kick in the ass and gives them not even enough to live on, thats just straight up wrong imo? i love my country but i hate alot of the things the goverment does to our guys who defended our country and have mental/physical disabilities.

i  know yamma has some legends of the octagon on thier cards, frye,goodridge,taktarov,ken sham,kerr,patrick smith ect. these guy where and still are pretty tough guys, ofcoarse they cant hang with the younger,newer ufc guys but im sure these old heads can still kick some serious ass in a street fight if someone tried to get tough with them. thanks for reading everyone
R