Author Topic: What is your funniest memory?  (Read 9004 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
What is your funniest memory?
« on: April 24, 2009, 01:23:15 PM »
Mine is i think the 1998 Royal Rumble. Honky Tonk Man enters and he is Lawler's real life cousin. After teasing Lawler, when Honky is eliminated JR says "There goes cousin Honky." Then Lawler says, "He's your cousin?". I always laugh at that.  ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: What is your funniest memory?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 02:19:07 PM »
When Bobby Heenen as a comentator back in late 1987 during the Savage / Honky fued said, "Who the hell is Elizabeth? If she wants to help Savage, let her be at home folding his socks, whipping him up his breakfest and doing his laundry. She belongs nowhere near a wrestling ring". lol... :D

Swole0565

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 02:25:05 PM »
Stone Cold posing as a Dr, when Vince was in the hospital, was classic.

However, my 2 personal favorites involved The Big Bossman...
1. "Crashing" Big Show's Dad's Funeral, AND
2. Tricking Al Snow, into eating his dog, "Pepper!" 

HILLARIOUS!!!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 02:39:04 PM »
two come to mind:

1. at survivor series 88, Elizabeth goes into Slick's pocket to get keys to uncuff hogan from the ropes (via big bossman) and Jesse yells "She's goin' after his wallet!!!"

and

2. when Saphire was first appearing in the audience and Jesse was insistant that 'she ain't got no teeth!"

LOL

Jesse was classic.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 08:03:50 PM »
Jesse was one of the best.
Used to crack me up every time he referred to Tito Santanna as “Chico Santanna.”

Also loved when he would bullshit about how much "highly trained skill" it took to pull your opponent’s hair when the referee isn’t looking.

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 02:10:58 AM »
Stone Cold posing as a Dr, when Vince was in the hospital, was classic.
HILLARIOUS!!!
Holy shit i remember that hahaha!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 05:14:19 AM »
^^Foley was really funny in that vignette, too.

There was an episode of RAW from around Christmas time ’98 or ‘99 – I can’t find the clip – where Foley was in the ring with Hunter & Steph.
Foley says something that pisses off HHH, who becomes ENRAGED and tries to confront Mick, but Stephanie stands in his way with her arms and hands against his shoulders telling him, “NO!”

Foley – ever the one to capitalize on a moment – continues instigating, and after a few more seconds of lil' Stephanie "blocking" the 275 lb. HHH from him, Mick says, “C’mon, Triple H, what’s the matter…is she holding you back?”
Both Stephanie and Hunter almost completely broke character with each sporting huge grins and HHH even began to laugh, but caught himself in time and said something like, “You think you’re real funny…”

The whole arena broke out in laughter. I was at my buddy’s house for a holiday party, and everyone howled at this scene for the next 10 minutes.
Somebody even jokingly commented that Helmsley’d better be careful…
Last time he abandoned Kayfabe he was force-fed shit for two years.
 :)

Swole0565

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 07:15:43 PM »
Another classic.....
nWo spoofing the Horseman, w/ Nash as "Arn Anderson", offering "His Spot,(...not a liver spot...dog spot...any spot, ...but) HIS Spot, in the Horsemen, to Buff Bagwell as "Curt Hennig"

"Remember me like I am....RIGHT NOW!"  LMAO!!!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 01:49:58 PM »
All the Bobby heenen stuff from the 80's

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 07:59:26 PM »
gorilla monsoon had great one liners too.when cpt lou was a heel,gorilla would say the capt is a "walking advertisment for birth control'i forgot the yr or if it was wrestlemania when the britsh bulldogs unleashed matilda after heenan and he ran back to the dressing room.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 08:09:13 AM »
I also loved it when Ventura was commentating during a match between Animal Steele and Danny Davis on saturday night's main event back in 1988. Davis had a forign object in steeles mouth and Ventura says, "Look McMahon, he's brushing his teeth. Steele must have a case of bad breath and Davis is helping him out."

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 08:18:44 AM »
scott hall vs konnan at the wcw ppv that had 3 rings.  hall gets into one of the rings and they are about to start, and then he gets out, goes into the other ring and motions for konnan and the ref to come into that ring.

rock vs mankind at the super bowl halftime special.  rock is beating mankind's ass and the phone rings, he answers it and says smackdown hotel

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 08:21:38 AM »
back when wwf bought wcw, when buff bagwell made his debut on raw.  he helped austin and kurt angel beat some people up, and they were laughing outside then austin and angle started beating bagwells ass.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 10:28:31 AM »
back when wwf bought wcw, when buff bagwell made his debut on raw.  he helped austin and kurt angel beat some people up, and they were laughing outside then austin and angle started beating bagwells ass.
I don't remember this. I remember him having a match with Booker T on Raw and he bombed the match so badley that they fired his ass.

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 01:06:02 PM »
I don't remember this. I remember him having a match with Booker T on Raw and he bombed the match so badley that they fired his ass.

i remember it, bagwell had helped austin and angel beat up some people, and they were outside laughing and bagwell playfully pushed both of them as he was laughing and they beat his ass

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 01:10:16 PM »
video of it

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 02:25:50 PM »
I vaguely remember an episode of Piper's Pit in which an Italian wrestler, Salvatore Bellomo, came on to the set, for some reason.

Piper looks at him and says, "What are you doing, here? I didn't order a Pizza."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 04:11:27 PM »

I also recall hearing that Bagwell had an eye for young ladies...

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally young...

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 05:43:50 PM »

this is pretty classic
Flower Boy Ran Away

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 04:17:05 AM »
I vaguely remember an episode of Piper's Pit in which an Italian wrestler, Salvatore Bellomo, came on to the set, for some reason.

Piper looks at him and says, "What are you doing, here? I didn't order a Pizza."
That was hilarious. I have that on Piper's DVD. I love the pit where Mr.T was his guest and he says, "I guess Mr.T is backstage powedering his nose....with all that dark powder"...lol...piper was classic.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 02:39:47 PM »
^^Foley was really funny in that vignette, too.

:)

Here it is.

"Vinnie's got a sweet tooth"  Hilarious!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 02:48:09 PM »
 :D

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 09:00:11 PM »
Here it is.

"Vinnie's got a sweet tooth"  Hilarious!

I absolutely loved this time in wrestling. When Foley became Dude Love and then went Corporate. When he came to the ring with his hair tied back carrying the Wall street journal. That guy really was marketed wonderfully. I forget what PPV it was? When he fought Stone Cold. The next night on Raw he was in the middle of the ring with a black eye. I was never a fan of Foley but you cannot love this guy. When Undertaker threw him off the top of the Cell. I was speechless when I saw that happen. That was so ridiculously out of this World risking his life to entertain us awesome! He and HBK worked marvelous together as well. When Foley had the "Love shack". That was really funny. He cracked me up.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2009, 10:12:14 PM »
Jesse was one of the best.
Used to crack me up every time he referred to Tito Santanna as “Chico Santanna.”

I remember Heenan referring to Santana's, jump-off-the-top-rope, finishing move as "The Flying Jalepeno."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 04:46:33 AM »
LMAO!!!