Author Topic: would 'the amazing chan and the chan clan' be aired today...?  (Read 3389 times)

lax

• Getbig IV
Or would it be deemed...boohoohoo

racist?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: would 'the amazing chan and the chan clan' be aired today...?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 07:00:28 PM »
Or would it be deemed...boohoohoo

racist?

yeah definitely it would be viewed as racist...I used to watch it on saturday mornings as a kid and evenn then I KNEW something was wrong with it but I didn't know what because I had a very limited concept of racism back then....

I used to watch Dick Tracy cartoons and they had an "oriental" detective named "Ju Jitsu"...they could never get away with this today....

I also saw an old "MONKEES" episode wher the villians were a bunch of white guys with slanty-eyed make-up and protruding teeth

amazing that they got away with this back in the old days.....

and if you look at the old "Sanford and son" episodes with Redd Foxx, he said the word "black" all the time......imagine if that show was on today......the protests would be huge

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 07:25:37 PM »
thats true, they used to make fun of asians a lot in cartoons way back when

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 07:28:24 PM »

yeah definitely it would be viewed as racist...I used to watch it on saturday mornings as a kid and evenn then I KNEW something was wrong with it but I didn't know what because I had a very limited concept of racism back then....

I used to watch Dick Tracy cartoons and they had an "oriental" detective named "Ju Jitsu"...they could never get away with this today....

I also saw an old "MONKEES" episode wher the villians were a bunch of white guys with slanty-eyed make-up and protruding teeth

and if you look at the old "Sanford and son" episodes with Redd Foxx, he said the word "guy" all the time......imagine if that show was on today......the protests would be huge

ahhhh the good ole days  ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 07:34:59 PM »

and if you look at the old "Sanford and son" episodes with Redd Foxx, he said the word "guy" all the time......imagine if that show was on today......the protests would be huge
I just saw an episode of The Jeffersons where some guy called George a nigger. ;D

All in the Family was an excellent show as well.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 05:15:58 AM »
One of the mods changed my post above.....Redd Foxx said the word N****R a lot..some one changed the word N****R to "guy".....makes no sense when you view it with the changed word

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 05:18:46 AM »
Also many of the old Bugs Bunny cartoons were racist as well with a lot of anti asian and black jokes.....they used to be shown in the theater around the time of world war 2 so that's why......

also remember Speedy Gonzalez?...the little mouse who could run fast?..he would be considered a politically incorrect character right now

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 08:54:59 AM »
One of the mods changed my post above.....Redd Foxx said the word N****R a lot..some one changed the word N****R to "guy".....makes no sense when you view it with the changed word
Ron has the auto edit on, it changes automatically.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 08:58:02 AM »

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 05:07:49 PM »
Well
to show you how things actually HAVE NOT changed

you have BET (Black E. Network)

but not WET

Women still have glass ceiling (big news if woman makes ceo, nothing heard when man m akes it)

Blacks call each other the 'n' work

whites can't

So, The PC BS abounds

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 04:47:19 AM »
Well
to show you how things actually HAVE NOT changed

you have BET (Black E. Network)

but not WET

Women still have glass ceiling (big news if woman makes ceo, nothing heard when man m akes it)

Blacks call each other the 'n' work

whites can't

So, The PC BS abounds

sigh...predictable...... .I was waiting for the first guy to come on here with a post about the black/white thing....lets not derail the post....stay on topic..I don't want to debate race again and again and again

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 12:32:07 AM »

also remember Speedy Gonzalez?...the little mouse who could run fast?..he would be considered a politically incorrect character right now

LULAC has changed their mind about Speedy Gonzalez.  They now say that its a harmless parody of Latino culture and a famous Latino band has done a cover of "You Better Come Home Speedy Gonzalez".  A Latino activist told me, paraphrasing Oscar Wilde, "The only thing worst than to have your culture made fun of,.. is to have it ignored by comedians."