Author Topic: Chris Aceto on Cardio and Diet  (Read 56237 times)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Re: Chris Aceto on Cardio and Diet
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2009, 01:08:37 PM »
The problem is there is no definition of "clean" food anyway. You need a certain amount of essential nutrients and enough protein. Whether you get that from "clean" or "junk" food is irrelevant for body composition.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2009, 01:12:04 PM »
Try again.

I advocate .5 to 1 grams per lb of bodyweight.

too little for optimal growth, even with super high carb intake

The Renaissance Man

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • The truth of things is the chief nutriment.
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2009, 01:14:33 PM »
The problem is there is no definition of "clean" food anyway. You need a certain amount of essential nutrients and enough protein. Whether you get that from "clean" or "junk" food is irrelevant for body composition.

a solid serving of beef jerky contains about 60g of protein... also contains 1500mg of sodium and other agents that affect your metabolism.

Junk = unwanted chemicals that makes you body work harder to extract the good nutirents.

so whatever the "label" says, not all calories are "packaged" equally.
G.M.W. ☼

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2009, 01:14:53 PM »
for diffrerent diets there is different definiton.

for a blanced diet clean food it things with no excess saturated fat, no trans fat, no simple carbs or sugars.

for a low fat diet clean food is all proteins and carbs that have little to no fat.

for low carb diet clean food is all proteins and fat that have little no carbs. and also veggies are clean foods even on low carb.  

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2009, 01:15:44 PM »
Weren't you a HUGE advocate of NOT eating carbs... ever?  Like super low carb diets?   Candibombz, what gives?

with age comes wisdom  :P

I guess we'll have to wait a few more years ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2009, 01:18:26 PM »
Junk = unwanted chemicals that makes you body work harder to extract the good nutirents.

That would have to be examined for every ingredient in relation to every "good" nutrient. I don't think a lot would remain after such examination.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2009, 01:18:53 PM »
I guess we'll have to wait a few more years ;D
how long have you been into bodybuilding wavelength? longer than me?  age can mean different things... not just total years alive. my bodybuilding age is 5y.o. although "apear older" than many guys with 20+ years bodybuilding age.

and yes i know im not being humble

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2009, 01:19:53 PM »
how long have you been into bodybuilding wavelength? longer than me?  age can mean different things... not just total years alive. my bodybuilding age is 5y.o. although "apear older" than many guys with 20+ years bodybuilding age.

and yes i know im not being humble

Just kiddin' man, you know your shit. 8)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2009, 01:25:03 PM »
Just kiddin' man, you know your shit. 8)
your right about calories nto mattering so much about their source. expecially when dieting. in a caloric defecit everything is getting burned up anyway.

however there is some evidence to support the notion that different ratios of macronutrients in a diet do have different end results. so the food one eats does matter.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2009, 01:31:12 PM »
however there is some evidence to support the notion that different ratios of macronutrients in a diet do have different end results. so the food one eats does matter.

I read a paper on that, as far as I remember, what was clear was that enough protein is essential. On fats and carbs, there wasn't really any conclusive evidence that it matters for body composition as long as the end weight was the same.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2009, 01:32:26 PM »
Adonis Principles in action via calorie amount and no cardio.

The next logical step for Aceto will be when he discovers you can eat any food you want.

::)

Not this shit again.

žoklis

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2009, 01:34:04 PM »
Easy.  Calculate the Nutrition for whatever you eat (Which I do not even have to do).  Protein Powder makes it even easier.  I usually have 2 scoops which is around 60 grams of protein at about 250 calories.

Add that to whatever else I eat and I easily get to .5- 1 gram per lb of bodyweight.

I am about 180-187 these days and extremely lean.  Hope this helps.
How you got from 160 to 180 so quickly and still extremely lean?

The Coach

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2009, 02:07:11 PM »
First off, go back and look at my posts over the years where I kept saying HIIT is best for retaining muscle and burning fat, Aceto is one of the best out there but this is no revelation.

Second....TA, stfu with you and your "Adonis Principals" please, thats theorie is no revelation either.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2009, 02:10:13 PM »
Fuck maybe my 1000-1200 calorie a day diet isn't a bad idea.

overkill.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2009, 02:46:17 PM »
your right about calories nto mattering so much about their source. expecially when dieting. in a caloric defecit everything is getting burned up anyway.

UH OH dont let adonis hear you say that

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2009, 03:30:03 PM »
thanks for frigging nothing chris
i asked u on rx muscle to help me w/ my diet twice and u ignored my question both times
youre awesome ::)
w

The Coach

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2009, 03:46:49 PM »
Good info costs $$$.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2009, 03:50:19 PM »
thanks for frigging nothing chris
i asked u on rx muscle to help me w/ my diet twice and u ignored my question both times
youre awesome ::)

what did you ask him NW?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2009, 03:54:08 PM »
what did you ask him NW?
on his super little q&a thread i posted my diet and asked him if he thought i was on the right track...and he ignored it.then i asked him again real nice with a smiley face and bumped my post and he ignored it again
w

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2009, 04:00:14 PM »
The only answer is one snickers bar a day and one can of beef broth. 475 calories. ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2009, 04:01:07 PM »
on his super little q&a thread i posted my diet and asked him if he thought i was on the right track...and he ignored it.then i asked him again real nice with a smiley face and bumped my post and he ignored it again

maybe he doesn't answer specific questions about diets since it's his business

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2009, 04:02:39 PM »
maybe he doesn't answer specific questions about diets since it's his business
hmmm maybe
but he was answering other poeples questions
maybe hes just a selfish snob who thinks hes the cats pajamas when hes not
w

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2009, 04:06:29 PM »
tbombz, based on your posts, it looks like you are a chemical guru. are you very big and ripped?
LOL, he's on the far right RenaMan. ;D

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2009, 04:53:54 PM »
"A lot's changed in the last 15 years or so in terms of pre contest prep for bodybuilding shows. One of the new mainstays is cardio. The mantra is; cardio burns fat so it should rip you up. But does it? My experience is that there is a happy medium to be followed and it's truly a fine line. Don't do enough and you wont be in shape (possibly...there's always the right diet which can get you there with almost no cardio) Do too much and your muscles lose that "hard" look  and lack  the "pop" and eye catching roundness.

I recently worked with Troy Alves who won the Europa pro show and he did far less cardio then earlier in the year where he was 11th in the Ironman. How did he do it? He did cardio on the right days, at the right intensity and allowed a better diet to strip away the body fat. The end result; his muscles had that "pop" that gave him an edge over the competition.

I am a believer in less food and less cardio. Its sort of the opposite of conventional thinking; more cardio and more food. ... He (Troy) was eating about 2000 calories a day."

Chris Aceto knows his shit!  Victor Martinez should go back to working with Chris. 

The Renaissance Man

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • The truth of things is the chief nutriment.
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2009, 06:00:50 PM »
LOL, he's on the far right RenaMan. ;D

Looks like candidate's gains are mostly face based... he looks quite young however, reading his posts, I would've guessed a 30yo juicer. I'm not sure what to think of this.

candidate, any front/back shots? No bashing here, this is the Renaissance getbig. The dark ages are over.
G.M.W. ☼