Author Topic: Backlash results...  (Read 1966 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Backlash results...
« on: April 27, 2009, 04:12:07 AM »
Jeff Hardy beat Matt Hardy

Christian beat Jack Swagger to become ECW champion

Kane beat C.M.Punk

Edge beat John Cena to become World Heavyweight Champion after Big Show choke slammed Cena off stage into some piro below.

Randy Orton beat Triple HHH to win the WWE championship in that six man tag in what was one of the worst matches I have ever seen. There was chaos the whole match. The time keeper fucked up and rung the bell when he wasn't supposed to. Michael Cole tried to cover it up...jokes....In the end it was the punt kick on the game that ended it.

There you have it.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Backlash results...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 04:52:08 AM »
Who won Steamboat/Jericho?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 06:52:50 AM »
Who won Steamboat/Jericho?
Jericho by submission.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 08:58:59 AM »
Jericho by submission.

I know it doesn't matter, but...

FVCK!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 09:46:15 AM »
I didn't watch the match or the one at WM. Hate Jericho. Was Steamboat good enough to be put back on the roster?
He looked really solid IMO, he certainly didn't embarass himself. Was he as good as he was in 1989?, no but he performed better than half the roster. I agree about the ppv point as well. They should go back to the big 4 (WM,RR,SS,Surv.series) and maybe a Night Of Champions in June.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 09:58:06 AM »
I'm all for the PPV's. If people are buying them? I mean go Vince and all. But just Mania and the Rumble are the cool ones I think. Now they added Superstars on Thursdays. WWE is practically on every night now. America is in a recession. Who's buying these monthly PPV's? Especially one like last night? Raws on tonight. It's basically gonna be a replay of last night? No?
I agree. One thing i don't like about them, is that everything feels rushed. The build up is quick because the next show is only 3 weeks away. I think that's why a lot of times WM feels "big time", because a lot of the feuds are built up over a longer period. I also don't think most of the audiece has the attention span to care about a three or four month buildup to a match.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 12:35:53 PM »
Jericho by submission.
Thanks, Mass...I forgot about that one. Didn't Steamboat look pretty good too considering his age?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 12:39:08 PM »
People still obviously buy the PPV's regardless. Mind you a lot of people do it under the table stealing signals  ;)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 03:20:06 PM »
It was a good show, good matches.  Edge / Cena was decent, we haven't had many matches recently that have gone out into the crowd, concourse, etc.  Not a bad ending, although I'd have preferred an actual winner after all that.  I'm guessing Cena will be out for a while now to film his next movie.

I thought the bell guy ringing prematurely was funny.  The Santino/Santina thing is boring me already though, couldn't see the point of it even happening last night.

I usually buy all of the PPV's, but last nights was free in the UK.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 06:05:33 PM »
Ever since they started the whole "clean up" of the WWE, I hardly watch anymore.

I thoroughly enjoyed the "attitude era", but since then.... :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 08:03:58 AM »
Ever since they started the whole "clean up" of the WWE, I hardly watch anymore.

I thoroughly enjoyed the "attitude era", but since then.... :-\
I agree, the attitude erw was great. I loved the whole Austin / McMahon fued.