Author Topic: Great documentary on the best strength athlete ever!!!  (Read 20359 times)

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
Great documentary on the best strength athlete ever!!!
« on: April 27, 2009, 07:31:33 AM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]    - Documentary of the greatest strength athlete ever to live.

Vasili Alexeyev - The strongest man ever to have lived. Holder of 81 world records and several olympic golds. No lifting suits or equipment. Drug free (tested many times)

Documentary mentions his famous 36 egg omelette!  :P

- 507 lbs overhead press!!!!!!!!!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Great documentary on the best strength athlete ever!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 07:32:00 AM »
that's not kegdrainer.

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 07:34:00 AM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]    - Documentary of the greatest strength athlete ever to live.

Vasili Alexeyev - The strongest man ever to have lived. Holder of 81 world records and several olympic golds. No lifting suits or equipment. Drug free (tested many times)

Documentary mentions his famous 36 egg omelette!  :P

- 507 lbs overhead press!!!!!!!!!!!

Alekseyev was an amazing weightlifter but he was not naturaldespite the drug testing. Soviet athletes (and Americans also) were all juiced to the gills at the time. The testing was a joke.

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 07:37:32 AM »
A photo of the great man

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 07:39:28 AM »
Alekseyev was an amazing weightlifter but he was not naturaldespite the drug testing. Soviet athletes (and Americans also) were all juiced to the gills at the time. The testing was a joke.

Testing was not a joke. Yes, test routines were simpler, but so were the drugs. And take a look at Alekseyevs body....48 inch waist, thin legs, 350lbs body weight....and compare that to a known juiced body. The man was simply amazingly strong...and drug free.

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 07:44:02 AM »
The drugs were simpler, yes, but not one athlete of the Eastern block was drug free. Drugs were part of the system. This has been well-documented. The atheletes had no choice. They had to abide. So were the other competitors. it doesn't take away the fact that he was one of the best athletes of the century, if not the best.

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 07:47:23 AM »
The drugs were simpler, yes, but not one athlete of the Eastern block was drug free. Drugs were part of the system. This has been well-documented. The atheletes had no choice. They had to abide. Most so were the other competitors. it doesn't take away the fact that he was one of the best athletes of the century, if not the best.

Alekseyev, for the most did not train with the other Sovjet lifters. He followed mainly his own training regimen and his own diet, hence his different physique compared to the other Sovjet lifters at that time. If youlook at the documentary, his body looks exactly the same as when he was training. No after-drug shrinkage

CastIron

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Superman lives!
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 08:41:38 AM »
That is one strong Russian.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 10:32:39 AM »
looks like a fat bastard but you would break your hand if you hit him in the gut
solid as a tree
p

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 10:38:11 AM »
Athelte?  LMAO!  I would call the guy freaky strong and a great lifter but hardly a fucking athlete.  Come on!  An athlete he is not!  The guy probably has/had ZERO stamina when it came to anything other than lifting heavy shit. 

CastIron

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Superman lives!
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 11:04:08 AM »
Athelte?  LMAO!  I would call the guy freaky strong and a great lifter but hardly a fucking athlete.  Come on!  An athlete he is not!  The guy probably has/had ZERO stamina when it came to anything other than lifting heavy shit. 

Who are you to judge, just some guy behind a keyboard?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 11:06:00 AM »
somethings not right here, the guy is big but his muscular develpoment doesnt even look that impressive, i mean for a guy who is pressing 500lb overhead his triceps dont look all that special, his forearms arent huge, his legs look like a regular fat guys legs...wher did this monster strength come from???

Paul anderson was a fat shit too but you could see he had the biggest most muscular legs ever even through the fat...this guy is pressing absurd amounts of weight but his arms and legs look like nothing special...i dont get it

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 11:11:27 AM »

He had stamina to workout multiple times a day, almost every day. You of course have no idea what it is to be a top athlete.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 11:17:36 AM »
He's still a fat fuck

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 11:25:16 AM »
He had stamina to workout multiple times a day, almost every day. You of course have no idea what it is to be a top athlete.

A superior athlete is one who has above average physical skills (strength, agility, and endurance) and is thus more suited for physical competition.

Athlete is a term thrown around very loosely these days.  Ronnie Coleman is an athlete?  LOL.  

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 11:27:27 AM »

I played Division I in college.  I have some semblance of what it means to be an athlete.  If that man is your definition of athletic prowess more power to you. 

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 11:31:55 AM »
I played Division I in college.  I have some semblance of what it means to be an athlete.  If that man is your definition of athletic prowess more power to you. 

It's funny how you deduct from his appearance that he didn't have any stamina. But hey this is a bodybuilding site.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 11:32:25 AM »
::)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 11:34:45 AM »
::)

Yep. Another football fanatic who thinks all football players are the greatest athletes on Earth.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 11:36:36 AM »
Yep. Another football fanatic who thinks football players are the greatest athletes on Earth.

Actually I hate football.  There are other Divisioin I sports in college besides football.  Basketball, soccer, hockey, etc. 

Quaker you don't think I played D I or you don't think D I players are athletes?  LOL. 

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 11:37:35 AM »
Actually I hate football.  There are other Divisioin I sports in college besides football.  Basketball, soccer, hockey, etc. 

Quaker you don't think I played D I or you don't think D I players are athletes?  LOL. 
i don't think you played D-1 and yes D-1 football players are GREAT athletes.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 11:39:46 AM »
Actually I hate football. 

Good to hear.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 12:01:41 PM »
i don't think you played D-1 and yes D-1 football players are GREAT athletes.

I played DI soccer.   ;D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 12:02:15 PM »

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 12:42:12 AM »
somethings not right here, the guy is big but his muscular develpoment doesnt even look that impressive, i mean for a guy who is pressing 500lb overhead his triceps dont look all that special, his forearms arent huge, his legs look like a regular fat guys legs...wher did this monster strength come from???

Paul anderson was a fat shit too but you could see he had the biggest most muscular legs ever even through the fat...this guy is pressing absurd amounts of weight but his arms and legs look like nothing special...i dont get it

That is why this is an educational thread. Strength and muscular looks is not always corresponding. Alekseyev has that genetic gift of producing imense strength out of his unathletic looking body. Off course his bodyfat from eating that 36 egg ommelete breakfast may be hiding more of his muscles than we know. The man pobably has outrageous core strength