Author Topic: Great documentary on the best strength athlete ever!!!  (Read 20362 times)

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
Re: Great documentary on the best strength athlete ever!!!
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2009, 09:56:10 PM »
I rather have abs and only bench 225 than be the strongest guy in the world and look like a Sasquatch

Spoken like a true gay man.... ::)

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2009, 10:16:28 PM »
somethings not right here, the guy is big but his muscular develpoment doesnt even look that impressive, i mean for a guy who is pressing 500lb overhead his triceps dont look all that special, his forearms arent huge, his legs look like a regular fat guys legs...wher did this monster strength come from???

Paul anderson was a fat shit too but you could see he had the biggest most muscular legs ever even through the fat...this guy is pressing absurd amounts of weight but his arms and legs look like nothing special...i dont get it

These types of people exist...Just silly strong with nothing to show for it muscle wise...

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2009, 10:21:55 PM »
So the drugs weren't the "finishing touch" when it came to Alexeev?

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2009, 10:59:54 PM »
Testing was not a joke. Yes, test routines were simpler, but so were the drugs. And take a look at Alekseyevs body....48 inch waist, thin legs, 350lbs body weight....and compare that to a known juiced body. The man was simply amazingly strong...and drug free.
e
OneManGang - he was an amazing lifter. He was not however drug free. He may not look like a body-builder, but he was for sure juiced to the gills (as were all top Russian lifters at that time).

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2009, 08:29:28 AM »
e
OneManGang - he was an amazing lifter. He was not however drug free. He may not look like a body-builder, but he was for sure juiced to the gills (as were all top Russian lifters at that time).

Compare his physique to the rest of the Soviet and eastern european lifters at the time. His physique is very different. Perhaps he took some supplements in addition to his 36 egg omelette, but he was not "juiced to the gills". After he quit, his physique remained the same. Look at lifters and bodybuilders who come off the sauce...they shrink and change. This guy was just different. One of a kind.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2009, 08:33:49 AM »
Yes, he was an amazing athlete in his day.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2009, 11:57:04 AM »
There was another RUssian I think around the end of Alexeevs career that was strong as hell but also looked pretty good.  Can't remember his name but would know it if I heard it

The two that come to mind are Sultan Rakhmanov, a shw lifter that was built a bit like Alexeev but was much leaner, and had huge legs.

The other is Anatoli Pisarenko, an absolutely great shw who was extremely lean. In my opinion he would of been the best the Russians ever fielded, if not for receiving a lifetime ban for dealing steriods.

Also, it was mentioned by someone else in this thread that Paul Anderson never competed in the Olympics, not true. He won the Gold in 1956 and set the record in the press with 402 lbs. He was not allowed to compete in later games, as he turned professional.

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2010, 08:15:41 AM »
Just saw another documentary about this great man! Drug free and yet the strongest man who ever lived. Amazing!

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2010, 08:44:49 AM »
I played Division I in college.  I have some semblance of what it means to be an athlete.  If that man is your definition of athletic prowess more power to you. 

Sure you did ::) ::)  Show some photos big mouth
No Worries 4 me

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2010, 08:45:35 AM »
Just saw another documentary about this great man! Drug free and yet the strongest man who ever lived. Amazing!

Keep dreaming dude, every Olympian is on something...

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2010, 11:18:21 AM »
Keep dreaming dude, every Olympian is on something...

He does not have the physique obtained by steroids. It is quite obvious.

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2012, 02:08:42 AM »
Its time again to celebrate the best strength athlete ever to have lived. May he rest in peace.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2012, 02:14:16 AM »

- 507 lbs overhead press!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure, but can he do it 4 sets of 10 ?   hah!

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2012, 02:27:48 AM »
Sure, but can he do it 4 sets of 10 ?   hah!

Nobody can. This guy was drug free too. He was an olympic athlete and was tested numerous times.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2012, 02:27:59 AM »
thought it was about coleman

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2012, 02:33:08 AM »
thought it was about coleman

Coleman? The man in the inflated body who LOOKED like he could lift 500lbs, but actually couldn't?

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2012, 02:48:56 AM »
is gangedbyoneman smm's retarded little brother?

they share shades of the same brand of spastic, for sure...

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2012, 02:54:40 AM »
is gangedbyoneman smm's retarded little brother?

they share shades of the same brand of spastic, for sure...

Thank you for your contribution, "Sir"

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2012, 05:27:59 AM »
Soviet athletes were picked from a large pool, the best of the best

He was super strong, also super juiced. Add super technique to that, and you get a super athlete.

Like all super heavy big guys in olympic lifts, he started out muscular, and with a weightlifter physique, the extra bulk came later

The whole system was geared towards success, they started ultra young, and don't for a split second doubt they weren't on every available drug, to the excess.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2012, 05:33:15 AM »
Some absurdly ignorant people actually think in their minds, that guys like vasileev and anderson, were just naturally big guys that strolled over to an olympic bar every now and then, and lifted it overhead for the fuck of it...

Decades of dedicated, intense training goes towards this, until one day they peak

Fucking ignorance. Like the idiots that believe the one-ball-wonder was drug free on his bicycle

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2012, 05:51:04 AM »
Nobody can. This guy was drug free too. He was an olympic athlete and was tested numerous times.
Hi Alexev......

massa

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2012, 06:09:13 AM »
Although all the way to his death (from heart failure, btw) he denied that he used steroids, as many people mentioned on this thread,at that level everyone was on something.  Soviet athletes had entire institutes devoted to research in the field of performance enhancing drugs andhow to beat the testing.
P.S. Highly debatable that either Kazmier or Koen were better athletes than Alexeev, but how can someone argue that Paul Anderson, whose every lift was years prior and beaten by many prior to Alexeev's time was a better athlete, beyond me

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2012, 07:42:59 AM »
Soviet athletes were picked from a large pool, the best of the best

He was super strong, also super juiced. Add super technique to that, and you get a super athlete.

Like all super heavy big guys in olympic lifts, he started out muscular, and with a weightlifter physique, the extra bulk came later

The whole system was geared towards success, they started ultra young, and don't for a split second doubt they weren't on every available drug, to the excess.

He did not juice. Thats obvious. Thats not a physique of someone who use steroids. He was just a gifted athlete. Gifted with good size and extreme strength, and a great work ethic.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2012, 07:49:34 AM »
He was born and gifted with rope thick ligaments that allowed him to use super explosive power to lift the weights.  You can see he is not muscular, but uses leverage and speed very well.

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2012, 07:55:26 AM »
He was born and gifted with rope thick ligaments that allowed him to use super explosive power to lift the weights.  You can see he is not muscular, but uses leverage and speed very well.

100% correct!!