Author Topic: Imagine if Bush would have done this??? People in NYC are PISSED OFF!  (Read 1023 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
White House Apologizes for Air Force Flyover
New York Times ^ | April 27, 2009 | A. G. Sulzberger and Matthew L. Wald

Posted on Monday, April 27, 2009 5:36:02 PM by reaganaut1

An Air Force One lookalike, the backup plane for the one regularly used by the president, flew low over parts of New York and New Jersey on Monday morning, accompanied by two F-16 fighters, so Air Force photographers could take pictures high above the New York harbor.

But the exercise — conducted without any notification to the public — caused momentary panic in some quarters and led to the evacuation of several buildings in Lower Manhattan and Jersey City. By the afternoon, the situation had turned into a political fuse box, with Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg saying that he was “furious” that he had not been told in advance about the flyover.

At 4:39 p.m. Monday, the White House issued an apology for the flyover. Louis E. Caldera, director of the White House Military Office, who served in the Clinton administration as secretary of the Army, said in a statement:

Last week, I approved a mission over New York. I take responsibility for that decision. While federal authorities took the proper steps to notify state and local authorities in New York and New Jersey, it’s clear that the mission created confusion and disruption. I apologize and take responsibility for any distress that flight caused.

The mission on Monday, officials said, was set up to create an iconic shot of Air Force One, similar to one that was taken in recent years over the Grand Canyon.

When President Obama learned of the episode on Monday afternoon, aides said, he, too, was furious. Senior administration officials conveyed the president’s anger in a meeting with Mr. Caldera on Monday afternoon.

(Excerpt) Read more at cityroom.blogs.nytimes.c om ...

________________________ ________________________ __________________

This scared the hell out of people today and building were evacuated thinking we were under another attack so that ZERO could take pictures.

Unfreaking real.  What a waste.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: Imagine if Bush would have done this??? People in NYC are PISSED OFF!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 03:01:56 PM »
its not about bush or obama.

they're fucking with your heads with this little episode  ;)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 03:03:49 PM »
Yeah I can see the benefit of this.  ::)
L

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 03:10:33 PM »
Yeah I can see the benefit of this.  ::)

;D  :P

I can't see any other reason. It's funny how they act stupid after, not thinking this could traumatize people. This was deliberate.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 03:14:55 PM »
Ever seen pics of AF 1 over the statue of liberty? Some idiot in the Obama admin thought this was a good idea. These people have no concept of 2nd and 3rd order effects. If they don't view shaking hands with Leftist nutbags as a problem...overflights of military aircraft while people are twitchy about pigflu, don't mean a thing to them.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 03:43:54 PM »
White House Apologizes for Air Force Flyover
New York Times ^ | April 27, 2009 | A. G. Sulzberger and Matthew L. Wald

Posted on Monday, April 27, 2009 5:36:02 PM by reaganaut1

An Air Force One lookalike, the backup plane for the one regularly used by the president, flew low over parts of New York and New Jersey on Monday morning, accompanied by two F-16 fighters, so Air Force photographers could take pictures high above the New York harbor.

But the exercise — conducted without any notification to the public — caused momentary panic in some quarters and led to the evacuation of several buildings in Lower Manhattan and Jersey City. By the afternoon, the situation had turned into a political fuse box, with Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg saying that he was “furious” that he had not been told in advance about the flyover.

At 4:39 p.m. Monday, the White House issued an apology for the flyover. Louis E. Caldera, director of the White House Military Office, who served in the Clinton administration as secretary of the Army, said in a statement:

Last week, I approved a mission over New York. I take responsibility for that decision. While federal authorities took the proper steps to notify state and local authorities in New York and New Jersey, it’s clear that the mission created confusion and disruption. I apologize and take responsibility for any distress that flight caused.

The mission on Monday, officials said, was set up to create an iconic shot of Air Force One, similar to one that was taken in recent years over the Grand Canyon.

When President Obama learned of the episode on Monday afternoon, aides said, he, too, was furious. Senior administration officials conveyed the president’s anger in a meeting with Mr. Caldera on Monday afternoon.

(Excerpt) Read more at cityroom.blogs.nytimes.c om ...

________________________ ________________________ __________________

This scared the hell out of people today and building were evacuated thinking we were under another attack so that ZERO could take pictures.

Unfreaking real.  What a waste.

Obama didn't do it.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 03:50:10 PM »
Obama didn't do it.

Cue ten CTers who will now tell you the official story is BS, and they know better!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 03:55:08 PM »
Caldera is an idiot......the guy personally cost my a high score on a night table 8 with my M1 tank, when I was an LT.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 04:59:23 PM »
The Air Force told the mayor's office.

The mayor's office neglected informing Mayor Bloomberg so no announcement was made.

333386, are you mad at the state of NY now?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 06:24:53 PM »
The Air Force told the mayor's office.

The mayor's office neglected informing Mayor Bloomberg so no announcement was made.

333386, are you mad at the state of NY now?

Do you have any idea the chaos this little stunt caused???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 06:36:50 PM »
Check out the comments genius>

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04/27/air-force-one-backup-rattles-new-york-nerve/

I live here and this caused a huge mess all for a Obama photo op.

FUBO!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 06:40:08 PM »

Yes.

BUT if the white house alerted the mayor's office several days (or longer) ago, and they didn't tell bloomy or make an announcement, you can't bitch about obama.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 06:41:20 PM »

Sounds like you have a legitimate gripe, ...at Mayor Bloomberg's office.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 06:43:52 PM »
Yes.

BUT if the white house alerted the mayor's office several days (or longer) ago, and they didn't tell bloomy or make an announcement, you can't bitch about obama.

This is nonsense.  Bloomberg is the most competent pol in my lifetime, bar none. 

I would vote for him for p[resident over anyone.  Bloomberg is the epitome of competence. 

ZERO trying to say they warned Bloomberg is not going to work.  Sorry, that is shifting blame where it does not exist. 

Literally thousands of people were evcacuated from buildings thinking we were under attack. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 06:56:26 PM »
This is nonsense.  Bloomberg is the most competent pol in my lifetime, bar none. 

I would vote for him for p[resident over anyone.  Bloomberg is the epitome of competence. 

ZERO trying to say they warned Bloomberg is not going to work.  Sorry, that is shifting blame where it does not exist. 

Literally thousands of people were evcacuated from buildings thinking we were under attack. 

White house said they infomed Mayor's office.
Mayor's office didn't dispute it.

Not, you hate "ZERO", and that's fine, but the white house did their job by informing NYC.  If the city didn't inform ppl for any reason, well, stop yer bitching...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 06:59:22 PM »
White house said they infomed Mayor's office.
Mayor's office didn't dispute it.

Not, you hate "ZERO", and that's fine, but the white house did their job by informing NYC.  If the city didn't inform ppl for any reason, well, stop yer bitching...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04272009/news/regionalnews/obama_plane_photo_op_startles_new_yorker_166470.htm

They apparently told a few in the NYPD who never said a word.

Many thought we were under attack AGAIN all for a dumb photo op.  People here are not blaming bloomberg, but the WH.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 07:02:02 PM »
Bloomberg said federal officials notified the NYPD and another city official, whom he declined to identify, of the flight plan.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 07:03:30 PM »
Bloomberg said federal officials notified the NYPD and another city official, whom he declined to identify, of the flight plan.

Bloomberg has immense credibility with the public here.  Seriously, he is by far the most competent pol in my lifetime.  The man exemplifies competence and common sense.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 07:05:50 PM »
Bloomberg has immense credibility with the public here.  Seriously, he is by far the most competent pol in my lifetime.  The man exemplifies competence and common sense.

this thread isn't about him.

White house did their job, and NYPD didn't.

Your manlove for Bloomy doesn't belong here :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 07:06:10 PM »

Can you say the same of everyone in his office? Maybe his assistant forgot something or two?
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 07:10:00 PM »
this thread isn't about him.

White house did their job, and NYPD didn't.

Your manlove for Bloomy doesn't belong here :)

He is not my type. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 07:11:44 PM »
Can you say the same of everyone in his office? Maybe his assistant forgot something or two?

No!  That is the point.  The public here likes Bloomberg because he gives you straight non political common sense answers that are always well thought out based on his experience in business and elsewhere. 

Even though he ran as a republican last time in NYC, he won overwhelingly because he is the best mayor I have ever seen NYC have.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 08:14:55 PM »
at the very least, they should have done the photo op on a sunday afternoon.