Author Topic: Has any pro ever been disqualified over synthol or implants?  (Read 2853 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Has any pro ever been disqualified over synthol or implants?
« on: April 28, 2009, 08:35:47 AM »
I know boob implants are pretty common and a NON issue for woman, but has anyone ever heard of an actual disqualification for a BB useing synthol or muscle implants?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Has any pro ever been disqualified over synthol or implants?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 08:56:24 AM »
I know boob implants are pretty common and a NON issue for woman, but has anyone ever heard of an actual disqualification for a BB useing synthol or muscle implants?

Probably why Vic didn't win the 07 Olympia, same as Flex never winning it either, same goes for Nasser.  People complain at how Dorian shouldn't have beat them, but can you spot synthol on Dorian?  No.  Even though Flex and Nasser looked better than Dorian at a couple Olympias, the reason they didn't win was because of the evident synthol abuse. Synthol is not bodybuilding but cheating.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 09:00:40 AM »

Why disqualified, that wouldn't be good for business

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 09:08:55 AM »
The most overt violation of the rules with no punishment was Lou Ferrigno.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 09:20:43 AM »
Probably why Vic didn't win the 07 Olympia, same as Flex never winning it either, same goes for Nasser.  People complain at how Dorian shouldn't have beat them, but can you spot synthol on Dorian?  No.  Even though Flex and Nasser looked better than Dorian at a couple Olympias, the reason they didn't win was because of the evident synthol abuse. Synthol is not bodybuilding but cheating.
I know some have been rumored to be marked down over synthol and obviously didn't deserve to win looking like that.
However, since it against the rules and grounds for disqualification on the IFBB pro rules web pg, shouldn't they be disqualfied at the weigh in and not allowed to compete ?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 09:25:24 AM »

However, since it against the rules and grounds for disqualification on the IFBB pro rules web pg, shouldn't they be disqualfied at the weigh in and not allowed to compete ?

Think man, think! How would you go about deciding who has gone overboard with the Synthol? In your opinion should Victor Martinez be disqualified from all contests? Darrem Charles?

An actual disqualification of Synthol users is impossible to enforce for several reasons.

I gotta say you consistently have some of the worst reasoning out of any poster on these forums.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 09:28:46 AM »
Those people should banned FOR LIFE.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 09:29:48 AM »
Those people should banned FOR LIFE.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 09:35:19 AM »
Iris Kyle got downplaced at 08 Arnolds Classic i think.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 09:39:21 AM »

Flex was not on oil in 1993 i think.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 09:41:13 AM »
Think man, think! How would you go about deciding who has gone overboard with the Synthol? In your opinion should Victor Martinez be disqualified from all contests? Darrem Charles?

An actual disqualification of Synthol users is impossible to enforce for several reasons.

I gotta say you consistently have some of the worst reasoning out of any poster on these forums.

I was just making a pt about the actual written rules vs what is/is NOT enforced.
The reality is that are,  no actual enforced rule for much of anything is there?
Hmmm, 48 pgs of rules on drugs/banned substances and we all know what goes on.
Same with synthol and implants, etc.
If they know you can't or won't try to disqalify a BB for synthol, why have a rule against it ( under banned substances)
My pt really is, if you have no plans to enforce the rule , why have it on the books?
Makes you wonder if pro BB has any actual rules?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 09:45:12 AM »
Iris Kyle got downplaced at 08 Arnolds Classic i think.
She got placed just out of the top 6 and thus no money.Bob Chic did a good interview of her on this last yr about it on PBR. She had some odd loking bumps, scars on her lower glute ( injection site?).
My hunch is that the IFBB judges did the practical thing and sent a message of what NOT to have showing on stage. If they disqualify over banned substances they open the door to having to enforce the bannedsubstances/drug rules, which is another story.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 09:49:50 AM »
Flex was not on oil in 1993 i think.

IIRC was it 1993 when Shawn Ray accused Flex of having calf implants.

DAMY

• Getbig III
  • I shit myself, therefore I am.
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 10:00:09 AM »
Anyone have a pic of a BBer who has arm implants?

DAMY

The Nub Monster

• Getbig II
  • 14 WORDS!
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 10:05:25 AM »
Anyone have a pic of a BBer who has arm implants?

DAMY

There was one in an issue of The Beef at the gym.....I shall have a look for it for you DAMY, don't know how I will transfer the image from paper to pixels as I have no scanner, but nevertheless I shall look for you.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 10:08:13 AM »
A real biceps implant procedure:

before:

after:

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 11:21:06 AM »

None that I've ever heard of...what generally happens is that the BB in question just gets placed lower. It would be too hard to prove such a thing (especially on the spot)....Bottom line is, if it looks strange and takes away from the physique in any way...then you get marked down accordingly. If it looks like blatent implants, inj sites, etc....then they should be placed dead last

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 11:28:16 AM »
None that I've ever heard of...what generally happens is that the BB in question just gets placed lower. It would be too hard to prove such a thing (especially on the spot)....Bottom line is, if it looks strange and takes away from the physique in any way...then you get marked down accordingly. If it looks like blatent implants, inj sites, etc....then they should be placed dead last
Yeah, we talked about this before at expos and both agree this is the most practical way to handle the manner.
I just think it should be under JUDGING criteria ONLY and forget the endless pgs of rules on banned substances.
Since BB is based on how you LOOK, if you LOOK like a science experiemnt gone bad, you get last.

robins

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 11:29:01 AM »
Does Ruhl know about this rule?

;D ;D

ASJChaotic

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 11:58:21 AM »
A real biceps implant procedure:

before:

after:

did he really have to get implants? lol
did no body tell him about lifting weights?

The Nub Monster

• Getbig II
  • 14 WORDS!
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 12:10:50 PM »
did he really have to get implants? lol
did no body tell him about lifting weights?

Ditto that LOL.....even the after shots his arms look stringy at best.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 12:16:08 PM »
remember that when DQ'd, some competitors turn into sue-happy bitches.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 11:42:20 PM »

I don't agree with you because if this was the case so why were they always placing flex wheeler over someone like shawn ray??..

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 11:49:32 PM »
to quote van bilderas... "this is bodybuilding, all that matters is what you look like, no one cares about what you did to get there."

most guys use synthol that are pros.... and if they dont...well guess what? synthol is oil inject IM....and guess what.. AAS is 75% oil.... so even if not using 'synthol"...every inject of AAS is going t be "synthol like" to a small degree.... now does every person on steroids look like they used synthol? no...shawn ray look totally synthol free...however he did inject tons of steroid into him over the years...so he does have a bunch of synthol effects in his muscls for sure...    which just goes to show that small to moderate use of synthol will look perfectly normal and nobody will tell at all that its synthol use..