Author Topic: Lou Ferrigno's update interview  (Read 744 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Lou Ferrigno's update interview
« on: April 28, 2009, 10:34:30 AM »
http://www.southwestiowanews.com/articles/2009/04/28/around_the_region/doc49f702ac2ec3c586149420.txt

Ferrigno is still the Hulk at heart

The actor, who will be in Omaha on Saturday, is grateful for his 'Incredible' success.
By Wes Taylor, WHNS
Published: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 8:21 AM CDT

Actor, bodybuilder and massive human being Lou Ferrigno will be in Omaha on Saturday to celebrate Free Comic Book Day 2009 at Krypton Comics.

The two-time Mr. Universe, most famous for his role as the green, muscle-bound hero of "The Incredible Hulk'' TV show, was recently in the hit movie comedy "I Love You, Man.''

He spoke to us about his life as the Hulk and more by phone from his Santa Monica, Calif., home.

Q.

Since your run on "The Incredible Hulk'' TV show, you've maintained a lot of connection to that character. Were you a fan before the show?

A.

Oh, yeah, I used to read a lot of Superman comics and Hulk comics because I was fascinated with power and strength. It was an escape for me. I just really loved the idea of good vs. evil.

Q.
Is that why you're still so involved with the character?

A.

Definitely. I don't mind being associated with the Hulk because it helped me be successful today. The role really helped make me, and the legacy of the character is still going on after 30 years.

Q.

You even got to be a part of the two recent Hulk movies ("Hulk,'' 2003, and "The Incredible Hulk,'' 2008), right?

A.

Yeah, it was great because in the first one, with (director) Ang Lee, I had a cameo, and in the second one, I had a chance to do the Hulk's voice and I had a bigger scene. It was really cool. When they approached me, they told me that if it wasn't for the series, the movies wouldn't be around today.

Q.

Are any more Hulk movies coming out?

A.

I think next year they're going to start filming "The Avengers.'' That's with the Hulk and a bunch of other superheroes. I'll be in that one, too, but I haven't seen a script yet.

Q.

You've been in plenty of other movies and TV shows, but some of your biggest roles -- like in "I Love You, Man'' and on "The King of Queens'' -- involve you just playing Lou Ferrigno. What's the deal?

A.

Well, I love doing comedy. That's what playing myself usually involves, because everybody loves my persona. I really loved doing that for "I Love You, Man,'' and it was a pretty big hit. Eventually I want to do another sitcom on a regular basis. I love doing comedy. It's just, like, instant gratification for me.

Q.

Besides the entertainment stuff, we've heard you're a full-fledged sheriff's deputy. Is that true?

A.

Deputy sheriff with the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department. My father was a police lieutenant, and he once told me to do it if I thought I'd like it. I really like helping people and getting to see the other side of law enforcement.

Q.

So do you actually suit up and take a cruiser out?

A.

Yeah, I go on patrol and everything. I do what I can, working with the SWAT team and everything. I get a kick out of it.

Q.

I can't think of anything more intimidating than having Lou Ferrigno pull me over.

A.

People have different reactions to it, but they know they have to respect my authority when I'm wearing the uniform.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Re: Lou Ferrigno's update interview
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 10:45:29 AM »
Was this a real interview?  Gosh, feel bad for the guy.
Still can't admit that he needs a REAL job, just like everyone else.
I'll be in that movie but I havent seen the script yet he says.
Thats real reassuring.   :o
Most are all show no go!