Author Topic: Vick to serve out the rest of his sentence in home confinement  (Read 833 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Michael Vick will be released from federal prison camp in Leavenworth, Kan., to serve out the rest of his sentence in home confinement on May 20, Herb Hoelter, a member of Vick's defense team, and another source with knowledge of the sentencing told ESPN.

Vick will serve out his home confinement period in a five-bedroom home he owns in Hampton, Va., where he will live with his fiancée and two of his children. He will also work 40 hours a week at a local construction company, making $10 an hour.

Vick's sentence ends on July 20. He will be on supervised probation for the next three years.

Vick was suspended indefinitely by the NFL in August 2007, when he pleaded guilty to a federal charge related to funding a dogfighting operation, and also admitted to helping kill dogs that underperformed.

Regarding Vick's possible reinstatement, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told USA Today last month: "I am not going to make a judgment until I know all the facts on Michael Vick.

"I think it's clear he paid a price, but to a large extent he's going to have to demonstrate to the larger community -- not just to the NFL community and to me -- that he has remorse for what he did and that he recognizes mistakes that he made."

Vick also has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. His next hearing is scheduled for June 9.

Kelly Naqi is a reporter for ESPN's Enterprise Unit and a correspondent for "Outside the Lines."

I know many of you will say serves him right.

that has to hurt, going from millionaire NFL QB to filing for bankruptcy and working for $10/40HRs a week  Ouch

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: Vick to serve out the rest of his sentence in home confinement
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 06:19:54 AM »

I know many of you will say serves him right.

that has to hurt, going from millionaire NFL QB to filing for bankruptcy and working for $10/40HRs a week  Ouch

He's fortunate to have a job in this economy.

Owner of arena team upset about Vick stunt

Apr 29, 12:55 am EDT

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)—The owner of a minor league football team that offered Michael Vick a contract told a newspaper he didn’t know about the publicity stunt and would not have approved it.

“I’m a dog lover and I don’t want anything to do with (Vick),” Albany Firebirds owner Walter Robb told The Times Union for a story posted on its Web site Tuesday night.

Earlier in the day, the team an arenafootball2 franchise, announced it had offered the 28-year-old quarterback a one-year contract at the league standard: $200 a week plus a $50 bonus for a win.

“That’s a joke,” Robb said. “Can you imagine him playing for $200 a week? I think (the offer) was a big mistake.”

The announcement was later pulled from the team’s Web site.

Firebirds general manager Garen Szablewski told The Times Union the team’s marketing department came up with the idea to make an offer to Vick.

“The process wasn’t thought through properly,” Szablewski said. “The right hand didn’t know what the left hand was doing.”

Vick played for the Atlanta Falcons for six seasons before being convicted of bankrolling an interstate dog fighting business.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has not said if he will lift Vick’s suspension after he completes a 23-month prison sentence. Vick goes from federal prison to home confinement next month.

The Firebirds’ contract offer also required Vick donate $100,000 to a local humane society.

A call to Vick’s agent when the announcement of an offer was made was not immediately returned.

Information from: The Times Union, www.timesunion.com
old quarterback a one-year contract at the league standard: $200 a week plus a $50 bonus for a win.

“That’s a joke,” Robb said. “Can you imagine him playing for $200 a week? I think (the offer) was a big mistake.”

The announcement was later pulled from the team’s Web site.

Firebirds general manager Garen Szablewski told The Times Union the team’s marketing department came up with the idea to make an offer to Vick.

“The process wasn’t thought through properly,” Szablewski said. “The right hand didn’t know what the left hand was doing.”

Vick played for the Atlanta Falcons for six seasons before being convicted of bankrolling an interstate dog fighting business.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has not said if he will lift Vick’s suspension after he completes a 23-month prison sentence. Vick goes from federal prison to home confinement next month.

The Firebirds’ contract offer also required Vick donate $100,000 to a local humane society.

A call to Vick’s agent when the announcement of an offer was made was not immediately returned.

Information from: The Times Union, www.timesunion.com
R

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 10:27:09 AM »
yea it kind of does serve him right. I do not believe he should have served a year in jail though.

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 01:38:21 PM »
I wish I was making 10 dollars an hour doing construction...I'm broke as a joke. I'm a skilled carpenter and I haven't slaughtered no dogs. Vick is an asshole...I hope for nothing but the worst for him...Yeah I'm a jealous hater. You make that much money in the NFL and do something heinous like that. I think I would rather have him shoot himself in the foot like Plax did (another asshole).
I Bleed PhillyEagle