Author Topic: Born to be a pro???  (Read 5313 times)

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
Re: Born to be a pro???
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 07:47:59 PM »
i never used to put much stock into crazy genetics but recently the dude i train with sometimes has got me wondering if genetics isn't THE most important factor in bodybuilding success, dude is 5'7" 255 pounds with crazy roundness and thickness, small waist, monster shoulders and legs and basically he's attained this over AT MOST the last 3 years, he's done some local NPC shows and done very well and i think could turn pro easily in the next 2-3 years, only 27 years old, takes his nutrition very seriously as it pertains to getting enough protein and overall calories and is a monster especially on pressing movements, what do you guys think, do you think genetics is the MOST important factor in bb'ing?

Yes, but so what?  There are tons of guys with great genetics who never work out and look very average. There are also plenty of guys who are not genetically predisposed to be huge but get there via hard work.

Genetics load the gun; you choices (hard work or not) pull the trigger.

Bah!  Doom has spoken.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 07:51:43 PM »
i honestly dont care

if somebody wants to say theve got great genetics...ok...whatever ... or say theyve got shit genetics...whatever..... all that matters is what you look like...   at the end of the day theres no way possible to tell if someone is lying about their training experience, diet, drug use...so theres no way to tell if anyone actually has good "GENETICS" or not..... the only thing genetic that can be assesed would be genetic structure... but as far as metabolism, building muscle...etc... only the bodybuilder himself truly knows
Just goes to show that with all your parroting of info,you know jack shit about bodybuilding.

Genetics is key....coupled with a good diet and an outstanding work ethic,a person is going to look far better than someone who eats perfectly, trains balls out, but has a shitty metabolism,bone structure,and ligament,muscle, and tendon attathments,and short muscle bellies.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 07:53:28 PM »
Pics of said genetic freak??????

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 07:55:01 PM »
i never used to put much stock into crazy genetics but recently the dude i train with sometimes has got me wondering if genetics isn't THE most important factor in bodybuilding success, dude is 5'7" 255 pounds with crazy roundness and thickness, small waist, monster shoulders and legs and basically he's attained this over AT MOST the last 3 years, he's done some local NPC shows and done very well and i think could turn pro easily in the next 2-3 years, only 27 years old, takes his nutrition very seriously as it pertains to getting enough protein and overall calories and is a monster especially on pressing movements, what do you guys think, do you think genetics is the MOST important factor in bb'ing?

If you like it so much why don't you put a ring on it?

The Renaissance Man

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • The truth of things is the chief nutriment.
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2009, 07:55:27 PM »

I'm predicting a mutant hybrid of the Palumboism virus and Swine Flu...   coming to a gym near you this summer!

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

G.M.W. ☼

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009, 07:56:24 PM »
Pics of said genetic freak??????

All Plazmosis!

Ron: "I am lazy."

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2009, 08:19:13 PM »

All Plazmosis!

kamali has gone far in pro bbing,and look where his genetics got him,very big yes,even though he gets a pass due to offseason shape,you see someone very soft as opossed to say dex,kamali has thick knees,wrists,but shorted bi's it throws off from his big shoulders.his genetics dictate he should have stayed lighter .

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2009, 08:45:32 PM »
There are guys in gyms across the globe who in person look very impressive and maybe even can do very well and win local state shows...However these same guys wouldn't even crack the top 15 at the national level regardless of what they do and for how long...

The Renaissance Man

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • The truth of things is the chief nutriment.
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2009, 08:46:35 PM »
kamali has gone far in pro bbing,and look where his genetics got him,very big yes,even though he gets a pass due to offseason shape,you see someone very soft as opossed to say dex,kamali has thick knees,wrists,but shorted bi's it throws off from his big shoulders.his genetics dictate he should have stayed lighter .

I hope kamali reads this, a post full of new angles no one ever talked about. Pure gold.
G.M.W. ☼

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2009, 09:23:04 PM »
It is the defining factor when everything else is equal.

For example, when we were kids, there were always some who were faster runners than others. No-one had really done serious training then so a lot of it boiled down to genetics.

Now if you were an average runner but spent years training hard you could possibly be as good as the genetically elite guys who didn't train hard. But if those guys did train hard then it's all over. That's what makes the best of the best in any sport and especially BBing, which is why no matter how many drugs or how hard one trains they arn't going to look like Ronnie or Dorian and i think this is one of the few sports where there are amaters who do try as hard to be like the pro's but just don't have the genetics.

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2009, 10:56:09 PM »

Dave, you know that drugs are the most important. Drugs > genetics

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2009, 10:57:32 PM »
He's only been training for 6 years - this guy was born to be a pro bodybuilder.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2009, 12:21:24 AM »
where's that pic of palumbo, when he was skinny?

he almost turned pro 10 years later.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2009, 01:46:26 AM »
I do

and when I say bodybuilding I mean gettingon stage leaned out next to others

bodybuilding not mass accumulating

many can get beefy

very few look good shedding the fat and keeping muscle

when you get rid of the fat and keep muscle, your structure and each and every flaw is exposed from front back and opening up

genetics make the difference in competitive bb

but many can get beefy w/ hormones

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2009, 01:48:44 AM »
genetics is EVERYTHING in bodybuilding.

a friend of mine is a crazy good bodybuilder and he isn't even that big, but the roundness of his muscle make him look twice bigger onstage
X2

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2009, 02:05:34 AM »
He's only been training for 6 years - this guy was born to be a pro bodybuilder.

I wonder if this guy has built a foundation of at least 2yrs before juicing hard....
No wonder he shrinks like a little bitch when he goes "off".

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2009, 02:07:20 AM »

what about his nutrition QO?

Is he the type of guy who gets paranoid at measuring everything he eats or he just eats lots of junk and clean food as long as he take in enough proteoin?

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2009, 02:13:06 AM »
I think it's hard for guys to admit they just don't have great genetic shape.

Then they look at Levrone's arms and say "I could have those arms with the right drugs/training/nutrition"

I openly admit that all the drugs in the world wouldn't turn me pro.

I got short bi's, grabage forearms and calves, super skinny wrists, high lats, thick skin.....

All genetics.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2009, 02:25:20 AM »

YES
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2009, 02:27:23 AM »
Getbigger Genetic Freak:

I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2009, 02:28:40 AM »
I think it's hard for guys to admit they just don't have great genetic shape.

Then they look at Levrone's arms and say "I could have those arms with the right drugs/training/nutrition"

I openly admit that all the drugs in the world wouldn't turn me pro.

I got short bi's, grabage forearms and calves, super skinny wrists, high lats, thick skin.....

All genetics.

Same here....minus the calves....
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2009, 02:29:56 AM »
Absolute rubbish. Genetics isn't about your repsonse to drugs alone - in bodybuilding, when you talk about genetics, you mean a whole lot of things, like your structure, sweep of your muscle bellies, the way your body responds to training, how resilient you are to lifting heavy and taking anabolics and stuff like that.

That's why if you look at the Olympia top 10, nearly all of them take the same amount / kind of drug cocktail and some of the guys who place lower train harder than the guys who place above them. So why is there only one guy with Ronnie's muscularity or Dorian's back? Are you saying if someone like Peter Putnam ate, trained and took the same stuff Ronnie or Dorian did, his back would look similar to theirs? No way.

QO, you are right - if you want to make it to the pro ranks, your genetics must be right (as in right structure, response to juice etc). If you took someone who DJ Qualls, for example, who is very thin and lanky, no matter what he did or took, he'll never have the sweep, shape, density and look of someone like say, Dennis James. On top of having the right genetics, if you do all the stuff needed (hard, consistent training, use of hormones etc), then you can become a pro as long as a whole lot of factors fall into place.

QFT
I hate the State.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2009, 03:00:28 AM »
I do

and when I say bodybuilding I mean gettingon stage leaned out next to others

bodybuilding not mass accumulating

many can get beefy

very few look good shedding the fat and keeping muscle

when you get rid of the fat and keep muscle, your structure and each and every flaw is exposed from front back and opening up

genetics make the difference in competitive bb

but many can get beefy w/ hormones

This is very true.

Also when you get leaner, something will usually give out. One bodypart might stay full but then flatten out while another part gets ripped. It's very hard to have every bodypart looking it's best at the same time.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2009, 03:02:50 AM »
And for those who do manage to get lean on stage there's the art of manipulating things so that you look ripped and full for a few hours

Bodybuilding is a full and utter ILLUSION

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2009, 03:03:48 AM »

Insane arms... :o
I hate the State.