Author Topic: Student Says Teacher Scolded Him for Viewing FOXNews.com  (Read 812 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Student Says Teacher Scolded Him for Viewing FOXNews.com
« on: May 01, 2009, 02:14:38 PM »
More censorship. 

Student Says Teacher Scolded Him for Viewing FOXNews.com
Friday, May 01, 2009 

A Michigan high school is investigating allegations that one of its teachers berated and belittled a student for taking part in what the teacher considered an unacceptable activity: reading FOXNews.com.

A young man who identified himself only as Mitchell, an 18-year-old senior at Traverse City West Senior High School, called in to Rush Limbaugh's radio show Thursday and said he was yelled at in front of his classmates for reading the "wrong" news.

The teacher of his video production class saw what he was looking at and "proceeded to give me a 10-minute lecture on why I can't read FOX News ... and that I can only listen to BBC and other news venues," the student said.

James Feil, superintendent of Traverse City Area Public Schools, told FOXNews.com that any attempts to pressure students politically would go against his schools' policies.

"It would be inappropriate. I would clearly tell you that is not something that we would do anything to indoctrinate students here," he said. "That would clearly be a violation of our policies and guidelines, written or non-written."

Traverse City West principal Joe Tibaldi declined to comment about the inquiry he was leading, but school officials said the student hadn't violated any computer-use rules in his class.

But the school has a strict policy against bullying, which it says "may in circumstances be a violation of federal or state law" and goes against its commitment to provide a safe learning environment.

"Bullying, taunting, stalking, hazing and other forms of harassment ... by any member of the staff are strictly forbidden," according to the school handbook. "Any student or staff member found to have bullied, taunted, stalked, hazed or harassed another person in any form will be subject to discipline."

Traverse City West has several art and science teachers, but it was unclear who leads the video production class. The superintendent wouldn't confirm the involvement of any specific teacher.

Feil said the student never filed a complaint to the school and Tibaldi was following up "in a very responsible and a timely manner."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518636,00.html

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Student Says Teacher Scolded Him for Viewing FOXNews.com
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 02:30:30 PM »
Sometimes people call up and make up stories, u can always tell. "My brother was spit on when returning from Iraq etc....most of that crap doesn't happen....it may well have as the kid sites his school/class..details etc.
L

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 06:28:16 PM »
Good, i cant wait til fox news is banned since it scares people and promotes propaganda...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 06:29:06 PM »
Yeah...and the MSNBC/CNN cable news disaster doesn't right?
L

Busted

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 06:47:46 PM »
Yeah...and the MSNBC/CNN cable news disaster doesn't right?

See there is a difference... MSNBC is def slanted to the LEFT, but everyything on their shows are FACTUAL... FOX news puts out straight lies... Hanity, Beck and O'Rielly get caught in lies DAILY... Even after their Lies are CORRECTED, they KEEP REPEATING THEM... They dont care what is right and wrong, they just wanna hate on Obama...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 06:51:42 PM »
Ok what lies..what did Hannity say yetserday that was a Lie...or O'Reilly or Beck? Ur full of shit...nobody watches CNN/MSNBC so I guess nobody knows if they lie or not. Obermann delivers zero facts, he attacks Fox and O'Reilly so much he doesn't have time to deliver anything else.
L

Busted

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 06:55:52 PM »
Ok what lies..what did Hannity say yetserday that was a Lie...or O'Reilly or Beck? Ur full of shit...nobody watches CNN/MSNBC so I guess nobody knows if they lie or not. Obermann delivers zero facts, he attacks Fox and O'Reilly so much he doesn't have time to deliver anything else.

Dude are you out of your fucking mind?????  Do you know what a fact is?  I watch Fox and MSNBC... EVERY DAY Beck gets caught in LIES.. EVERY DAY Hannity does, EVERY DAY Orilley does...

iv never ONCE seen someone call Olbermann out for a lie... FIND ME 1!

Busted

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 07:03:19 PM »
THis was just the other day... Bill Orielly caught in a complete lie... His WHOLE show was based around this...

Also watch your new leader Michelle Bachman... LOL

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/30525810#30395503

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 07:04:21 PM »
Ah...I think i said that Obermann doesn't have time....show me a lie from Hannity or O'Reilly. There is tons of this stuff...who knew anybody cared this much about an angry idiot like him.

Keith Olbermann has responded to the recent furor over his Nazi Salute at the Television Critics Association gather last weekend by blaming, of all people, NBC Nightly News Anchor Brian Williams and Fox News Host Bill O'Reilly for his obscene antics. Clearly feeling the heat for a stunt that even Olbermann supporters have disavowed, Olbermann told Tonight Show host Jay Leno last night that Williams told him "do something creative" so he came up with the idea of donning a paper cut-out Bill O'Reilly mask and giving the Nazi Salute. Later, Olbermann claimed that Bill O'Reilly "defended the Nazis from World War II on three separate occasions", a claim he had advanced earlier in the day in a letter sent to noted media blogger Jim Romenesko of the Poynter Institute.

And incredulous Leno asked "Oh, really?"

Olbermann replied "Yes, I wish I were making this up."

To his credit, Leno's instincts were right. Olbermann was making it up.

As we shall see, Bill O'Reilly did confuse an alleged atrocity at Chenogne, Belgium [where American troops reportedly executed captured German troops] with another alleged atrocity at Malmedy, Belgium [where German troops reportedly executed captured American troops]. The Chenogne atrocities have been portrayed as "revenge killings" for the Malmedy atrocities which had occurred two weeks before. Olbermann is fatuously attempting to portray O'Reilly's errors in confusing Malmedy and Chenogne as "defending" Nazis and labeling victims of German atrocities as "war criminals" in some sort of inane, desperate plea for attention as the clock winds down on his contract at MSNBC.

L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 07:07:37 PM »
Ah...thats a lie...GE owns NBC/MSNBC. No ur right the leftwing MSM had nothing to do with getting barry elected, Matthews never had a thrill up his leg right? So Bill ties MSNBC and GE together...maybe they will benefit, who knows. Nice try...thats all OLbermann has...whing about Fox News crushing him and his crappy show.
L

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 08:40:12 PM »
Does anybody take Olbermann seriously anymore anyway?

Serious question. Of the two most inept, irrelevant and annoying cable news personalities on television, who would you rather sleep with, Olbermann or Maddow?

Honestly, even though I'm straight-- I'd probably flip a coin.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 01:17:09 AM »
Dude are you out of your fucking mind?????  Do you know what a fact is?  I watch Fox and MSNBC... EVERY DAY Beck gets caught in LIES.. EVERY DAY Hannity does, EVERY DAY Orilley does...

iv never ONCE seen someone call Olbermann out for a lie... FIND ME 1!

If all Fox does is spew lies, then why do you watch it every day? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 06:02:10 AM »

See there is a difference... MSNBC is def slanted to the LEFT, but everyything on their shows are FACTUAL... FOX news puts out straight lies... Hanity, Beck and O'Rielly get caught in lies DAILY... Even after their Lies are CORRECTED, they KEEP REPEATING THEM... They dont care what is right and wrong, they just wanna hate on Obama...

Rather than watching the jerk who pees his pants, why dont you pick up a book and learn proper sentence structure?  While you are at it, learn how to spell.