Author Topic: Promoting Bodybuilding with different weight classes?  (Read 694 times)

Incubi

• Getbig II
  • Levrone Approved!
Promoting Bodybuilding with different weight classes?
« on: May 04, 2009, 03:48:25 AM »
Does the Sport of Mens Bodybuilding need different weight classes similar to boxing to help promote a younger generation and promote a balanced line of physiques?

Opinions...

lax

• Getbig IV
Re: Promoting Bodybuilding?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 03:53:42 AM »
no
had that years ago
no diff
actually, things were better, but those days are gone
oh
and
your questions are kinda weak

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Promoting Bodybuilding with different weight classes?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 10:00:54 AM »
Does the Sport of Mens Bodybuilding need different weight classes similar to boxing to help promote a younger generation and promote a balanced line of physiques?

At the local level, the NPC, they have different weight classes.  On the pro level, they did a while back, but many were complaining that they wanted to compete against each other.

Currently, the have special IFBB contests that are for 202 pounds and under, one which just occured this past weekend.

Lary Pepe and others have proposed that at various contests, they have various classes and that debate has been going on for a while.

In the future, some have proposed to combine the regular and 202lbs and under, and just have two weight classes at the same show.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 10:29:41 AM »
Me and my uncle used have our own personal show between the two of us for the family,and we would have different weight classes so we both could win first prize

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 10:59:28 AM »
Me and my uncle used have our own personal show between the two of us for the family,and we would have different weight classes so we both could win first prize
LOL,,,,NPC has added the welterweights recently and shows drag on and on with the old system already.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 11:01:21 AM »
Over here Nabba does it in height and the RIFBB does it like novice,junior,senior etc
In Asia I believe they do it in weight

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 02:42:17 PM »
LOL,,,,NPC has added the welterweights recently and shows drag on and on with the old system already.

no, they drag on because of the four to six Figure height classes and two to four Bikini height classes