Author Topic: Steroid Research  (Read 1319 times)

mjt1380

• Getbig I
Steroid Research
« on: May 04, 2009, 11:30:08 AM »
Hi all,

In a few days I am hoping to post a link to a research study I'm working and I wanted to introduce myself first. I've been working with a research team at Touro University for the past year and we're conducting a survey to learn more about people's exercise habits, supplement and steroid use. The research should debunk some popular exercise and performance enhancement myths -- and hopefully teach us a lot about current fitness and steroid-use trends.

I know I'm new to the board, but we've had a good reception most places after we've chatted with board members for a bit, so feel free to ask any questions you may have and I can also post some links to the threads we have going on other sites if anyone is interested.

Thanks!
-Mike

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: Steroid Research
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 12:00:30 PM »
Post some of the links up, I'm highly interested.

mjt1380

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 12:02:25 PM »
Okay cool. I'll post the link (hopefully the mods are okay with it):

www.surveymonkey.com/touroexerciseresearch

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback!

Thanks,
Mike

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 12:12:28 PM »
Ahh I think I saw this on another board. Besides the survey what wast the actual study done on trained athletes who were using steroids?

mjt1380

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 12:15:50 PM »
Yeah, we've posted this on a lot of boards, so there's a good chance you saw it. The survey is the entire study. We are just trying to collect some up-to-date information about what people are using and hopefully show some interesting (positive) things about steroid users general demographics. We are going to branch out into specific groups of athletes in the future.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 03:40:19 PM »
Oh, I assumed this was an actual scientific study being done, not a survey.

mjt1380

• Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 12:47:16 PM »
Hi all,

Our research advisor wants us to continue collecting data for an extra month, so we're keeping this up a bit longer. We currently have almost 1,700 surveys taken and 754 AAS users (400 of those have completed the survey completely). Our goal is to get 500 complete AAS surveys, so 100 more!

Take a look if you haven't already: http://www.surveymonkey.com/touroexerciseresearch

Thanks again!
-Mike