Author Topic: Diki is dead :-(  (Read 6220 times)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Diki is dead :-(
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2009, 05:09:32 AM »
Sad story, sorry to hear.  Loosing a pet like that is tramatic.  Sounds like you did all you could do.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 07:01:27 AM »
Do you think maybe a neighbor put out rodent poison and a critter carried it over into your yard?

Years ago we put gopher pellets down some holes way out in the yard (like 2 acres away) and found many pieces of them up near the house.

:

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2009, 08:04:16 AM »
I'm very sorry that happened Mindspin.  :(  :'(
S

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2009, 08:26:29 AM »
I hate to say this but this is why having a dog is so important for the human soul.  Your kids just learned how to love something so special, & then try to cope with a loss.  There's nothing in any text book that can teach this sort of thing we call 'life experiences".  One day my dogs will pass on....& I'll have to go through the same dreaded feelings.  But, I will NEVER trade all the joy & happiness they bring me every day.

VERY well put. I have lost pets in the past and it crushed my siblings and I...after several years they literally become a sibling..a part of the family.

Sorry to hear about your loss bro, that's tough. Let them heal for a bit and get another. Kinda like the get back on the horse type thing..

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2009, 02:15:36 PM »
VERY well put. I have lost pets in the past and it crushed my siblings and I...after several years they literally become a sibling..a part of the family.

Sorry to hear about your loss bro, that's tough. Let them heal for a bit and get another. Kinda like the get back on the horse type thing..

Great advice, too many rush right back into another pet to maybe kill the pain before they have a chance to feel it, like they need to.  Same can be said about relationships between people sometimes.

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2009, 03:22:24 PM »
I rarely frequent getbig anymore, but...

I am very sorry for your loss.  That is awful.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2009, 10:36:35 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that Mindspin.  My wife's dog passed away 2 years back.  She still won't get another one, no matter how much we beg :(

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2009, 09:24:08 AM »
Mindspin--my condolences.  Just an awful ting to go thru.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2009, 09:26:15 AM »
Mindspin--my condolences.  Just an awful ting to go thru.

Thanks.  It was tough.  My 7yr old still breaks down from time to time when something reminds her of Diki.  Fortunately, Naagu, our other dog is doing great!
w