Author Topic: Gyms in the Raleigh-Durham area...  (Read 619 times)

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
Gyms in the Raleigh-Durham area...
« on: May 04, 2009, 06:59:37 PM »
I'm going to be moving back to North Carolina soon and wanted to see if any board members can recommend a good hardcore-type gym in the Triangle.

I'd like a place that has dumbbells up to 150 or heavier, doesn't freak out over using chalk and has competitors training there.

Thanks in advance!

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
Re: Gyms in the Raleigh-Durham area...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 07:06:54 PM »
come to the NC State gym, that's where I'm at. They have dumbbells up to 125 and enough 45 lb plates to keep you busy for a long time. They're changing that area to make it more hardcore.

I think theres a gold's somewhere in raliegh that i heard somewhere was good, but I dont know the name.

Awesomo

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 07:41:44 PM »
Peak isn't hardcore but the one in raleigh is pretty nice, plus you can use any of the peaks around. Plus if you are lucky you might bump into me trying to look like a hardass in the gym while shoulder pressing 60's  :)

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 09:30:46 PM »
I have trained at the Peak on Duraleigh and one other...Garner maybe?  Also Lifestyle in Cary and several of the Gold's in Cary and Raleigh.  Just haven't ever found any with competitors.  Wish I could teleport my old gym from Va Beach down to NC!