Author Topic: Repubs to open borders to win Hispanic vote?  (Read 1744 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Repubs to open borders to win Hispanic vote?
« on: May 05, 2009, 08:57:23 AM »
Repub consultant Paul Wilson in open letter to GOP jellyfish Michael Steele - saying the repubs can win back the hispanic vote by assuring illegals we won't make them leave.

Is that the repub's solution?  open the borders and pander to illegals?

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
Re: Repubs to open borders to win Hispanic vote?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 09:03:20 AM »
Epic sad news. Nothing matters to anyone these days. It's all about staying in power and blaming the other guy while working the agenda. Government Fail.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 09:03:34 AM »
Horrible idea.  No party should 'open our borders'.
Protecting the border is something both parties need to come together and make happen.
I hate our 2 party system.  People need to open their eyes and refuse to get caught up in the us vs them fighting between dems and republicans.  Evaluate each idea and proposal on its own without ideology.
I agree Bignbloated. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 09:08:12 AM »
link? i yahoo'd it couldnt find anything

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 09:09:37 AM »
I can understand their desperation.  Any return to power is gonna take years, and only after people are tired of obama - IF obama's economic plan fails.  

This would be a short-term solution that might cost us all in the long run.  

There are a lot of moderate white voters who would abandon the GOP if they became the party of 'open the borders'.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 09:10:22 AM »
An Open Letter to Republican Chairman Michael Steele on Reaching out to Hispanics

ALEXANDRIA, Va., May 4 /PRNewswire/ --

Dear Chairman Steele,

You have a very few months to take an important stand that could affect the future of the Republican Party. I certainly don't have to tell you, our party's future is in jeopardy.

President Barack Obama on his 100th Day said in his national press conference "I see the process (of immigration reform) moving this year." Mr. Chairman time is short. You should be our Party's most prominent spokesmen to send a message of inclusion to the Hispanic community.

The debate will be shifting from border security to the profoundly more difficult political question: "what do we do with the 12 million undocumented people who live here?"

Are we a party that supports (metaphorically) dragging illegal Hispanics from their homes and throwing them out of the country? Or does the Republican Party instead reach out to 12 million Hispanics who share many of our Party's values?

If we are going to win future elections, we must grow beyond the white male voter.

My concern is that as a Party we stand to alienate permanently Hispanics from our party and it could happen soon if you are silent, ambivalent or favor forcible expulsion of illegal Hispanics from America.

All Hispanics, legal and illegal, will hear your voice on the TV circuit. African Americans will hear the outreach message too.

As you well know Mr. Chairman, African Americans have been lost to our Party for four decades. With only a few exceptions, they vote with the Democrat Party at the rate of 95%.

We cannot withstand losing another "race of voters" to the Democrats. It will doom us. I can say that as a political advertising professional who is out on the front lines of election battles.

It is up to you Mr. Chairman. It is also the central reason why you were elected.

Inclusion can bring new voters to our Party. On the Friday night before Barack Obama was inaugurated, I bumped into Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa.

I asked him a question that I have pondered for years: "What would it take to get Hispanic voters to come over to the Republican Party?" It's a question that dates back to a study our company did back in 1992 that was commissioned by the RNC.

The Mayor's first of several suggestions was "Quit hating us. Quit trying to throw our people out of the country."

Mr. Chairman seize the opportunity rushing at you and reshape our Party. Join the debate vigorously, move beyond the narrow-minded opinions of some and chart a path for our Republican Party that embraces inclusion.

If you do, our Party will be rewarded with new Republican voters and new victories for decades to come.

Sincerely,

Paul O. Wilson

Chairman/CEO

SOURCE Wilson Grand Communication

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 09:13:09 AM »
Repub consultant Paul Wilson in open letter to GOP jellyfish Michael Steele - saying the repubs can win back the hispanic vote by assuring illegals we won't make them leave.

So they are planning to do THE EXACT same thing the democrats are going to do.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 09:14:54 AM »

No, the dems just don't enforce shit well enough, but the party position is to keep them out, if only in word.

He wants the repubs to come out and say "we aren't going to make you leave".

This, of course, will result in a flood of illegals.

When the LA Mayor says "Quit hating us. Quit trying to throw our people out of the country", it's outright pathetic.  "Your people"?  They are illegal.  They are brekaing the law.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 09:17:03 AM »

LOL oh IC its an opinion given to the republicans NOT THE REPUBLICANS IDEA...more 240 spin folks

LOL yea im sure obama has never recieved any crazy ass ideas from his consultants either, iono gun ban, releasing gitmo prisoners inside the US etc...... ::)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 09:19:32 AM »
No, the dems just don't enforce shit well enough, but the party position is to keep them out, if only in word.

He wants the repubs to come out and say "we aren't going to make you leave".

This, of course, will result in a flood of illegals.

When the LA Mayor says "Quit hating us. Quit trying to throw our people out of the country", it's outright pathetic.  "Your people"?  They are illegal.  They are brekaing the law.

How are they trying to keep them out.THIS IS A LIE!!!They want more hispanics and more unions to keep their power.Thats the plan.Pass the shitty ,stupid, card check crap,let illegals in here and make the ones that are here legal so they vote democrat and the union thugs steal their money and give it to fools like Obama.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 09:48:12 AM »
How are they trying to keep them out.THIS IS A LIE!!!They want more hispanics and more unions to keep their power.Thats the plan.Pass the shitty ,stupid, card check crap,let illegals in here and make the ones that are here legal so they vote democrat and the union thugs steal their money and give it to fools like Obama.

Ah, but their public position has been "We have to keep illegals out".
This would be a HUGE step that ENDORSES illegals.
This is way bigger, please admit that much. 

LOL oh IC its an opinion given to the republicans NOT THE REPUBLICANS IDEA...more 240 spin folks

where's the spin?  I made it clear was an open letter from a repub consultant to steele.  The backlash on the boards should dictate Steele rejecting the idea.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 10:01:17 AM »
Ah, but their public position has been "We have to keep illegals out".
This would be a HUGE step that ENDORSES illegals.
This is way bigger, please admit that much. 

where's the spin?  I made it clear was an open letter from a repub consultant to steele.  The backlash on the boards should dictate Steele rejecting the idea.

You know its funny.When its a republican "consultant" its HUGE news and is the wave of the future for republicans.When Robert Reich ,an Obama "consultant" says "whites shouldnt get the jobs created by the stimulous",its slanted like this,"hes only a consultant.Not in the administration".Isnt that strange?Heres a guarantee.Republicans will NEVER adopt this policy,and the democrats will pass imigration reform which will be a code word for open borders.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 10:15:02 AM »
In order to compete in the world economy the wages have to be dropped in america...(of course this means that home prices, rent, gasoline and food prices have to drop also).

The way to do that is to flood the market with people wholl do your job for $6.00 an hour when you want $15.......get it!!!!!!!!  You WILL lose your job for companies want to make profit.  This si happening in US right now...called "Survival jobs"   Whats funny is no one will dare to leave these jobs for better ones because 20 people will line up for your new $6.00 an hour job.

Unions will die a natural death when the borders open in full.............people will work just to have anything at all.

DONT YOU GUYS SEE HOW ALL THIS IS PLANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 10:20:35 AM »
You implied it was the republicans idea, OBVIOUSLY ITS NOT BRAIN CHILD

You know its funny.When its a republican "consultant" its HUGE news and is the wave of the future for republicans.When Robert Reich ,an Obama "consultant" says "whites shouldnt get the jobs created by the stimulous",its slanted like this,"hes only a consultant.Not in the administration".Isnt that strange?Heres a guarantee.Republicans will NEVER adopt this policy,and the democrats will pass imigration reform which will be a code word for open borders.
LOL or when the AG says he wants a gun ban that surpasses the last or might release gitmo prisoners into the US...LOL  ::)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 10:25:37 AM »
In order to compete in the world economy the wages have to be dropped in america...(of course this means that home prices, rent, gasoline and food prices have to drop also).

The way to do that is to flood the market with people wholl do your job for $6.00 an hour when you want $15.......get it!!!!!!!!  You WILL lose your job for companies want to make profit.  This si happening in US right now...called "Survival jobs"   Whats funny is no one will dare to leave these jobs for better ones because 20 people will line up for your new $6.00 an hour job.

Unions will die a natural death when the borders open in full.............people will work just to have anything at all.

DONT YOU GUYS SEE HOW ALL THIS IS PLANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The North american union is coming.    There will continue to be economic crisis's until the dollar is dead.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 10:40:14 AM »

I thought illegals cant vote?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 10:49:25 AM »

They can in some cases.   :-\     Google it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 10:50:51 AM »

They can in some cases.   :-\     Google it.

No kidding, I was just trying to highlight the insanity of this GOP "rebranding" effort.

What garbage.  Pure nonsense. 

McLame needs to retire.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 10:57:03 AM »
No kidding, I was just trying to highlight the insanity of this GOP "rebranding" effort.

McLame needs to retire.

Agreed.  I dont think obama is any better so far either.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 11:13:30 AM »
::) that's your response?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 11:15:11 AM »

i guess ppl like the good mayor of LA vote on behalf of his illegal brethren.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 11:23:48 AM »

McLame needs to retire.
this wasnt from the republicans this was from a consultant but i agree they are doing what palin is doing and trying to stay relevant when what they really need to do is stfu and just do it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 11:28:01 AM »
this wasnt from the republicans this was from a consultant but i agree they are doing what palin is doing and trying to stay relevant when what they really need to do is stfu and just do it.

They need to hire Peter Schiff for economics lessons.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 11:29:02 AM »
Close the borders, dig a moat and fill it with alegators, problem solved  ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2009, 11:29:58 AM »
i guess ppl like the good mayor of LA vote on behalf of his illegal brethren.
the logic is probably that the policy would cause a shift in the hispanic population.  most hispanics in America are legal.  What this guy doesn't know is that many of them are set against illegal immigration.