Author Topic: Are Financial Advisors worth it?  (Read 3385 times)

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
Are Financial Advisors worth it?
« on: May 05, 2009, 02:40:29 PM »

I woudl say no, a good friend of mine just got quilified by passing his Series 7 and 66.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Re: Are Financial Advisors worth it?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 07:55:21 PM »
depends.  If you don't have a lot of time or knowledge to manage your prtfolio then yes.  If you are know what you are doing and have plenty of time then no real reason.  i have one.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 09:15:03 PM »
if you dont mind in what area do you find them the most valuable? do you just use them for financial planning i.e saving for future or earning money in stocks/mutual funds or life insurance?
my friend has been an "Advisor" for a few months now and is trying to give me advice like all of a sudden he is qualified, its irritating. ive known him for 20 years and all of a sudden he is Buffet.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 09:44:12 PM »
if you dont mind in what area do you find them the most valuable? do you just use them for financial planning i.e saving for future or earning money in stocks/mutual funds or life insurance?
my friend has been an "Advisor" for a few months now and is trying to give me advice like all of a sudden he is qualified, its irritating. ive known him for 20 years and all of a sudden he is Buffet.

lol it happens.  My sister is working on getting her real estate license and talking to me about stuff.  Mind you I've been in real estate for over 3 years.  I basically use the advisor to monitor my investments for both growth and income/retirement.  I have a moderatley agressive plan, and have money in stocks as well as other things.  She is very heads up and calls when she thinks there is a good opportunity.  I know someone that has almost the same portfolio as me and he has lost much more.  In this economy everyone loses some, but she has helped save me money that otherwise I would have lost

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 08:04:43 AM »
no in most cases all they are is sales people with some general knowledge

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 03:38:22 PM »
id say yes, the vast majority of ppl are as clueless on financial matters as they are on fitness matters. I have a few friends who are financial analyst for private wealth teams and their insight for the most part is invaluable one of them showed me some of the software they work with and it was simply incredible what this stuff could tell you.

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 03:47:47 PM »
id say yes, the vast majority of ppl are as clueless on financial matters as they are on fitness matters. I have a few friends who are financial analyst for private wealth teams and their insight for the most part is invaluable one of them showed me some of the software they work with and it was simply incredible what this stuff could tell you.
Advisers and Analysts are  two different things.  Financial analyst know much more then most advisers.