Author Topic: John Stossel's 20/20 segment of steroids this Friday  (Read 7465 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
John Stossel's 20/20 segment of steroids this Friday
« on: May 06, 2009, 01:58:49 AM »
Stossel is one of the clearest thinkers in the media today. He's one of the few in the main stream media that recognize the folly of our drug laws in the US. You think we would have learned from prohibition. Check out his article:

http://townhall.com/Columnists/JohnStossel/2009/05/06/steroids_hysteria

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: John Stossel's 20/20 segment of steroids this Friday
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 02:02:50 AM »
Stossel is one of the clearest thinkers in the media today. He's one of the few in the main stream media that recognize the folly of our drug laws in the US. You think we would have learned from prohibition. Check out his article:

http://townhall.com/Columnists/JohnStossel/2009/05/06/steroids_hysteria

Good Stuff...
I hate the State.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 02:28:47 AM »
There is just NO solid argument as to why steroids shouldn't be decriminalized.  The best argument is cosmetic surgery.  Especially when you take the argument that steroids are not "medically necessary".  Having fake plastic tits and liposuction and tummy tucks aren't either but you bet your ass the medical establishment wouldn't TOUCH that issue at all.  Way too much money in it.  Plastic surgery is a HUGE business. 

However, I do feel there is a terrible image being portrayed by steroid users.  Extreme bodybuilding is not the image most of us want to portray or encourage.  I think that ruins our argument and most definitely borders on abuse just like some old hag addicted to plastic surgery. 

willl

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 02:40:02 AM »
why bring roids and usage mainstream?
it should stay prescripted medicine and only for select number of ppl

the rest of the roids are to be used mainly for bbing culture and additonally some select group of sports

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 02:42:24 AM »
why bring roids and usage mainstream?
it should stay prescripted medicine and only for select number of ppl

the rest of the roids are to be used mainly for bbing culture and additonally some select group of sports

That's basically what decriminalization is.  That's the way steroids have always been.  No doctor will prescribe them nowadays unless it's for medical use.  So decriminalizing steroids wouldn't change that.  It would just mean we wouldn't get busted for posession or ordering online and there wouldn't be such a stigma surrounding them, even in the medical community.

willl

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 02:51:27 AM »
there should remain a stigma around usage

users should remain select and not broad public

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 02:57:17 AM »
there should remain a stigma around usage

users should remain select and not broad public

I understand what you are saying and agree with you to an extent.  I feel usage has already gotten out of hand.  But the sociological/psychological aspects of steroid use have nothing to do with legalities.  I think cosmetic surgery should be shunned upon but that doesn't mean I think it should be illegal.  Divorce is way too easy in this country and used to have a huge social stigma attached to it.  Should it be illegal?  Of course not.

willl

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 03:03:52 AM »
making it legal will only make it more used

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 03:12:35 AM »

So what?  So what if everyone and their brother was using steroids?  Why would you care?  The only reason anyone would care is because it's not some secret that only they have access to and no one else does. If steroids were mainstream no one would be able to sit there and say they are natural and having everyone ooing and aahing over their physique.  Then on the other hand the guys that truly were natural and had an impressive physique would still be overshadowed even by some average joe on steroids.  So either way it's a lose lose situation but it's still the truth and the honest situation.  The whole ego aspect would be lost.  Which is a good thing.

willl

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 03:18:29 AM »
thats exactly what needs to be avoided
everybody starting to use it
a big no
all the idiots around on roids will become bigger idiots, not better idiots
this is not about ego, its about consciousness
same thing with guns, a fool is ok but a fool with a gun is smt else

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 03:21:54 AM »
So what?  So what if everyone and their brother was using steroids?  Why would you care?  The only reason anyone would care is because it's not some secret that only they have access to and no one else does. If steroids were mainstream no one would be able to sit there and say they are natural and having everyone ooing and aahing over their physique.  Then on the other hand the guys that truly were natural and had an impressive physique would still be overshadowed even by some average joe on steroids.  So either way it's a lose lose situation but it's still the truth and the honest situation.  The whole ego aspect would be lost.  Which is a good thing.

You = making some pretty outrageous assumtions in this post ::)

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 09:05:19 AM »
Prohibition solves nothing just look back through history

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 09:42:35 AM »

I highly doubt it. Do you really think that someone that really wants to take steroids says to himself, "I'd really like to take steroids, but gosh darnit all, they're illegal, so I guess I can't!"

If they were legalized, the same people who take steroids now, would still be the ones taking them if they were legal. Making them legal is not going to make people who have had no previous desire to take them all of a sudden want to start taking them.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 09:30:10 PM »
&feature=related

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 09:02:54 AM »
How many jobs would be lost if the 'The War on Drugs' ended?

You're right - it is a lose-lose situation!
U

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 09:07:01 AM »
Prohibition solves nothing just look back through history

QFT
I hate the State.