Author Topic: What is the science behind why there is a limit to muscle mass for natural?  (Read 6564 times)

Method101

• Getbig V
Why exactly is there a natural limit? -
scientific explanation please, i know it has somthing to do with hormones but i want more detailed explanation

And what do the steroids do to the body that allows muscle to grow beyond natural barriers?

thanks.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Iwas toldby a NABBA competitor that you can be HUGE as a natural. Just eat LOTS rest and train like champions

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
i would tell you, but you are a gay 4 free queer who disrespects the legendary Nasser.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
you considering taking steroids Method?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Iwas toldby a NABBA competitor that you can be HUGE as a natural. Just eat LOTS rest and train like champions
how huge is "HUGE"? post a pic

are you still delusional enough to think that you can get to ifbb pro size?

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
at my height 20 stone with same b/f as i do now.

i neve rthought or guessed id be ifbb pro size. never once thought this. i am not delusional

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
at a certain point more muscle aint beneficial.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Ther eis no doubt in my mind if i eat and train for 20 more years i can add 40lbs to my frame

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Ther eis no doubt in my mind if i eat and train for 20 more years i can add 40lbs to my frame
I say no way. but good luck :D

Genius

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
I would guess the gene that translates the inhibitor-hormone "Myostatin" may be a huge factor and ofcourse the body doesn't produce "enough" GH/IGF-1, AAS and slin.

That is one of the explanations..

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
Why exactly is there a natural limit? -
scientific explanation please, i know it has somthing to do with hormones but i want more detailed explanation

And what do the steroids do to the body that allows muscle to grow beyond natural barriers?

thanks.
First of all...when I was in my 20's, I didn't have idiots on the internet telling me I couldn't weigh more than 160 cut at 5'9. If I had believed that, I wouldn't made any progress. Most people have no idea what their natural limit is. They haven't trained heavy and hard for 10 straight years or more, eating high protein meals 5 to 6 times a day. They train a year or two and jump right on the juice...or listen to internet Gurus tell them what they can't achieve. As far as the science..steroids take you beyond natural limit because more hormones cause greater protein synthesis and greatly accelerate the recuperation process. A natural guy who starts training in mid teens can continue to make good size gains for many years, but in mid to late 30's, with the natural decline of hormones, it becomes much harder. Having said that, from dietary and supplement changes I am seeing good gains and I'm 46..totally natural.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
how is this not obvious, testosterone....to get more muscle you inject testosterone so you body can hold more muscle.

TEAM Nasser

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
you have good size and potential,but those are lofty goals dude,in 20 yrs your metabolism could slow down and that net gain will not be all muscle,40 lbs of what?water,fat,muscle,combined.i know your clean but in 1/2 yrs that 40 lbs would be a reality and it would be water/muscle increased thickness.you seem like good guy so good luck.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I say no way. but good luck :D

2lbs  a year MAXXX?

njflex...yea sorry idont mean40lbs ofabsolute muscletissueetc,imeanicouldbe at my current condition but be 40lbs heavier. I know some will be fat and some water and some muscle etc

Hell 40lbs of raw muscle on me would be crazy. thanks for your decency though mate. appreciated.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Having said that, from dietary and supplement changes I am seeing good gains and I'm 46..totally natural.

Didn't you say you were using hormonal supplements like 6-OXO? May not be very effective but hardly what any sane logical person would say is natural. Taking synthetic hormones, which these are, ain't natural.

brachilius

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
The science is quite simple.  Just reverse engineer the "pro physique".  The natural body does not produce enough amounts of testosterone, growth hormone etc.  Further, anabolic steriods are used for recovery purposes and to aid the bodys ability to assimilate protein.  Steriods alone do not increase muscle mass.  However, steriods, along with exercise and plenty of quality food, enable the body to produce more muscle mass.  It's like the old saying "eat, sleep, train".  The natural human body can only do that so much before it becomes burned out and overtrained.  Steriods and hgh allow the body to recover much quicker, thereby eliminating the possibility of overtraining. 

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
Didn't you say you were using hormonal supplements like 6-OXO? May not be very effective but hardly what any sane logical person would say is natural. Taking synthetic hormones, which these are, ain't natural.
I have done cycles of 6-oxo, the over the counter supplement, but since there is no evidence that it raises your hormonal levels into the supraphysiological range, I wouldn't say that it should be considered aan anabolic steroid. Certainly it doesn't give you mass gains..I've seen a harder look to my body and in extremely small doses (1 capsule a day) good libido. Higher doses lower the libido for some reason. I wouldn't call it a Pro-hormone since those will give you un- natural hormone levels. So you're right I should clarify..I'm not natural but I am not on any Pro-hormones (unless you classify 6-oxo as one), steroids, Growth hormone, insulin, thyroid, or clenbuterol.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Steriods alone do not increase muscle mass. 

They most certainly do. Better than training alone in fact.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
For the body,existing is the most important purpose.
If we grow too much and that size is obviously harm for stabilizing the existance of the body,the body will quit growing.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
First of all...when I was in my 20's, I didn't have idiots on the internet telling me I couldn't weigh more than 160 cut at 5'9. If I had believed that, I wouldn't made any progress. Most people have no idea what their natural limit is. They haven't trained heavy and hard for 10 straight years or more, eating high protein meals 5 to 6 times a day. They train a year or two and jump right on the juice...or listen to internet Gurus tell them what they can't achieve. As far as the science..steroids take you beyond natural limit because more hormones cause greater protein synthesis and greatly accelerate the recuperation process. A natural guy who starts training in mid teens can continue to make good size gains for many years, but in mid to late 30's, with the natural decline of hormones, it becomes much harder. Having said that, from dietary and supplement changes I am seeing good gains and I'm 46..totally natural.

BOOM!  Point blank - most people don't put in near enough work or consistent eating to know how good they can get naturally.  Everyone (nearly everyone) wants to find an easier way!

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
For the body,existing is the most important purpose.
If we grow too much and that size is obviously harm for stabilizing the existance of the body,the body will quit growing.
yeah!

what he said

Boost

• Getbig V
The mind is the only limiting factor for a natural trainer.

Dare to Dream

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
The mind is the only limiting factor for a natural trainer.

Dare to Dream

Quite true.

I am reminded of the story of a boy that was required to carry a calf up a hill every day for so many years and eventually ended up carrying a full grown oxen as they both grew over time and the boy obviously grew up to be a very strong man.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
The science is quite simple.  Just reverse engineer the "pro physique".  The natural body does not produce enough amounts of testosterone, growth hormone etc.  Further, anabolic steriods are used for recovery purposes and to aid the bodys ability to assimilate protein.  Steriods alone do not increase muscle mass.  However, steriods, along with exercise and plenty of quality food, enable the body to produce more muscle mass.  It's like the old saying "eat, sleep, train".  The natural human body can only do that so much before it becomes burned out and overtrained.  Steriods and hgh allow the body to recover much quicker, thereby eliminating the possibility of overtraining. 
haha this is such bullshit. "steroids only makes you recover faster between workouts" hahaha

funny how Dorian yates only trained a muscle every 7 day and still was mr.o 6 times

dumbass

Boost

• Getbig V
Steroids only make you stronger

They have no effect on muscle mass