Author Topic: Mike Arvilla explain yourself....  (Read 107203 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Mike Arvilla explain yourself....
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2009, 07:31:00 AM »
Good luck, Mike.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2009, 07:34:52 AM »
Good luck, Mike.
Thx Mass!.....and yea "the chemist" has a great/very classical old school physique (what bodybuilding used to be)
he should think about a "comeback" 

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2009, 08:28:27 AM »
one of the best physiques on GB
I don't know about that, but thank you.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2009, 08:32:13 AM »
Thx Mass!.....and yea "the chemist" has a great/very classical old school physique (what bodybuilding used to be)
he should think about a "comeback" 
Every now and then I think about maybe doing an over 45 show or something, but don't know if I want to have to do any "supplements" again...haven't taken any in many,many years. Still train hard though. Took this pic a few months ago on my 46th birthday.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2009, 09:27:42 AM »
Looking great "Chemist"!!!!!!......................

Weird/strange im starting to see changes/differences on a daily basis now! (pretty exciting)
i just took this a few mins ago

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2009, 09:28:51 AM »

Weird/strange im starting to see changes/differences on a daily basis now! (pretty exciting)
Lookin Swole fellow iron brother!!

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2009, 09:30:08 AM »

Thanks..yeah sometimes your metabolism will take off and you'll literally look different every day.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2009, 09:32:25 AM »
Lookin Swole fellow iron brother!!

Thanks!!!!  (i know im boring everyone else lol/but to me it's a big deal/pretty cool)
 :)

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2009, 09:33:20 AM »
Thanks!!!!  (i know im boring everyone else lol/but to me it's a big deal/pretty cool)
 :)
what are you in that pic,265??

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2009, 09:36:42 AM »
what are you in that pic,265??

Haven't weighed myself (honestly) since i started my contest-prep at 270 lbs,going just by the mirror this time
   if i had to guess.............."high" 230's- "low" 240's   (i could be way off tho)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2009, 09:58:39 AM »
It looks like i have one of these "implanted" under my skin/under my navel

Now that's Hardcore Baby!!
                        ;D

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2009, 11:01:10 AM »
to do a show "properly"  .............. Five Thousand dollars (this would be OTC supplements/lol under the counter supplements/food/tanning all the piddly bullshit that adds up like NPC card/contest fees/registration/posing suits/pro-tan,gym memberships.....thank you Marty!!!)

I'm eating like $15-20 worth of chicken a day/every day,.....to do a national level or Pro-Show id have to say Ten Thousand dollars
their GH costs alone would be staggering.....you gotta have deep-pockets to be a successfull bodybuilder
if you wanted to compete in a Golf or Tennis/bowling tournament......your out of pocket costs would be next to nothing (and you would be competing for a rather large cash prize)
this "sport" is for "wack-jobs" like myself who love it

what??? for golf you need a shiiiiiiiiiiitload of money to even play amateur and not be a pro

tennis, go ask sevaste, a friend of mine she is number one or two  in the world for sub 18 tennis and she spends tenths of thousands of dollars a year on tennis... of course she will get more money when she gets to be a pro, but still... she spends a lot of money on tennis

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2009, 11:14:45 AM »
what??? for golf you need a shiiiiiiiiiiitload of money to even play amateur and not be a pro

tennis, go ask sevaste, a friend of mine she is number one or two  in the world for sub 18 tennis and she spends tenths of thousands of dollars a year on tennis... of course she will get more money when she gets to be a pro, but still... she spends a lot of money on tennis

Golf = all u need to play is clubs and some balls......no? (not trying to be wise)
 Tennis = all u need is a racket and some balls .......no?
 (if u wanna talk about "lessons and coaches" i didn't factor that into my bodybuilding equation costs)
 you could easily tack on another $ 5 grand for a "Chad Nichols"
 if you wanna play any other sport (be it amateur or professional)..they pay you
(for example say you wanted to compete in a local tennis tournament......there would no doubt be a cash prize for the winner all u would need is your tennis racket......if u wanted to compete in a local bodybuilding contest ...you would need "supplements,posing suits,music,gym membership,tanning,food for at leasts a 16 weeks diet,entry-fees,NPC card fees,etc etc etc.......all for a cheap trophy......see my point?   ....you gotta br crazy or insane to do this sport (and rich)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2009, 11:24:26 AM »
I could do a "Best-Chest" contest at a local nightclub and make $250-$300,or a local dart-team tournament (again cash prize)
pool tournaments,.......but if i win the overall at my show (which i sacrificed work,relationship with Laura and family,spent a shitload of money on...became a "hermit" because I'm cooking/eating every 2 hours)
i get a trophy (i got a better quality trophy in 6th grade for a spelling bee!)
 everyone has their hand out for money when it comes to doing a bodybuilding show
 and u get zip.......and that one day goes by sooo fast!!
 if you don't love it/you won't do it ..PERIOD
 bodybuilders IMO are THE most exploited athletes in the world  (they don't even get paid to "use their likenesses/photos to sell products/promote shows
we want the recognition and exposure so bad.......we work for free

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2009, 11:36:03 AM »
I could do a "Best-Chest" contest at a local nightclub and make $250-$300,or a local dart-team tournament (again cash prize)
pool tournaments,.......but if i win the overall at my show (which i sacrificed work,relationship with Laura and family,spent a shitload of money on...became a "hermit" because I'm cooking/eating every 2 hours)
i get a trophy (i got a better quality trophy in 6th grade for a spelling bee!)
 everyone has their hand out for money when it comes to doing a bodybuilding show
 and u get zip.......and that one day goes by sooo fast!!
 if you don't love it/you won't do it ..PERIOD
 bodybuilders IMO are THE most exploited athletes in the world  (they don't even get paid to "use their likenesses/photos to sell products/promote shows
we want the recognition and exposure so bad.......we work for free

lol.

don't flatter yourself there, cupcake.

there are plenty of 20+ year old kids who would bury you.

whats it like living in your world anyway?

b

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2009, 11:43:30 AM »
Mike - did you just give up on your legs and stop training them all together ???
w

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2009, 12:02:58 PM »
Mike - did you just give up on your legs and stop training them all together ???

Always encouraging Yemeni lol!   

the answer to your question is no.......i have actually managed to "bring them up a bit" i think

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2009, 12:07:54 PM »
                   Always encouraging Yemeni lol!  

the answer to your question is no.......i have actually managed to "bring them up a bit" i think

Oh Mike...I'm sorry to say they look worse than ever.  It's probably just the lighting though.  Try taking some pics in your kitchen.
w

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2009, 12:08:11 PM »
                     Legs   =  never going to be an "outstanding body part" for me
                     i do the best i can

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2009, 12:28:33 PM »
Golf = all u need to play is clubs and some balls......no? (not trying to be wise)
 Tennis = all u need is a racket and some balls .......no?
 (if u wanna talk about "lessons and coaches" i didn't factor that into my bodybuilding equation costs)
 you could easily tack on another $ 5 grand for a "Chad Nichols"
 if you wanna play any other sport (be it amateur or professional)..they pay you
(for example say you wanted to compete in a local tennis tournament......there would no doubt be a cash prize for the winner all u would need is your tennis racket......if u wanted to compete in a local bodybuilding contest ...you would need "supplements,posing suits,music,gym membership,tanning,food for at leasts a 16 weeks diet,entry-fees,NPC card fees,etc etc etc.......all for a cheap trophy......see my point?   ....you gotta br crazy or insane to do this sport (and rich)

not mike, golf, you need the culbs and someone to actually teach you... it seems real easy, but its not, just go ask chik how much he spends on golfing... lessons for me were 30 dolar an hour, and im talking paraguay( i used to be taught by a pro here) and i think its gonna be a lot more in the states... and to think about tourneys, you at least have to do 5 or 10 over par on a golf course, to be able to do that.. you have to play a shitload of hours with your professor...

tennis is basically the same, just ask sev how much he spent and he was no one on the tennis scene, people playing futures and invitationals are spending way more than ronnie is spending on preparing for the o on plane tickets and coaches, and they are nothing yet.. i have 2 buddies that are top 1000 and i can tell you they are only there cause their parents have shitloads of money and are willing to spend all that it takes... if you want to go to a CAR, CENTRo DE ALTO RENDIMIENTO you have to start thinking in the 1000s oer week there, and most people stay there for months... then after that you have to do the tour, to get point to be someone in the rank.. you have to pay your plane ticket, you coaches ticket, and your expenses, sometimes if you do good, the tour will pay for your hotel, but if not you have to find a hotel or someone to stay with at the country you go to...

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2009, 12:50:26 PM »
not mike, golf, you need the culbs and someone to actually teach you... it seems real easy, but its not, just go ask chik how much he spends on golfing... lessons for me were 30 dolar an hour, and im talking paraguay( i used to be taught by a pro here) and i think its gonna be a lot more in the states... and to think about tourneys, you at least have to do 5 or 10 over par on a golf course, to be able to do that.. you have to play a shitload of hours with your professor...

tennis is basically the same, just ask sev how much he spent and he was no one on the tennis scene, people playing futures and invitationals are spending way more than ronnie is spending on preparing for the o on plane tickets and coaches, and they are nothing yet.. i have 2 buddies that are top 1000 and i can tell you they are only there cause their parents have shitloads of money and are willing to spend all that it takes... if you want to go to a CAR, CENTRo DE ALTO RENDIMIENTO you have to start thinking in the 1000s oer week there, and most people stay there for months... then after that you have to do the tour, to get point to be someone in the rank.. you have to pay your plane ticket, you coaches ticket, and your expenses, sometimes if you do good, the tour will pay for your hotel, but if not you have to find a hotel or someone to stay with at the country you go to...
Your talking about "top-guys" tho.............to compete at even the lowest levels in bodybuilding you have to do/spend everything that a top "Professional bodybuilder" does
you can't compare Tennis Or Golf to bodybuilding ....(yea the top PGA golf guy or whatever it's called spends thousands learing the game......but his payoff is in the millions/same for tennis) Ronnie Coleman Or Jay Cutler (the "Arnold Palmer" or "Andre Agassi" of bodybuilding ) the best of the best only gets 100 grand or so...

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2009, 12:52:59 PM »
 :) arvilla is the man
TEAM WOLF

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2009, 12:56:50 PM »
To put it simply......Basketball or Football or baseball is seen as a way out of a life of poverty for some,a way to escape low-income housing and "the projects", or the "the ghetto ..(both black and whites)
is Bodybuilding ever seen/talked about as a viable option for these kids to escape a life of poverty...and to get rich?!?!??!?!?!

fuck no!   

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2009, 01:11:17 PM »
To put it simply......Basketball or Football or baseball is seen as a way out of a life of poverty for some,a way to escape low-income housing and "the projects", or the "the ghetto ..(both black and whites)
is Bodybuilding ever seen/talked about as a viable option for these kids to escape a life of poverty...and to get rich?!?!??!?!?!

fuck no!   

ronnie drives a bentley!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2009, 01:14:30 PM »

Hate to but in,but to do a show and come in top condition, cost a top pro at least 10,000 dollars.  Just the food bill would blow your mind.  Not to mention the "supplements".  You have no idea what your talking about.  Even a local NPC show, like Arvilla's doing would be out of the question for most.  Yea you can just train, eat and do cardio, and step on stage, but if you're really serious about it, it's one of the most expensive things to get ready for.  We do it for the love of bodybuilding.  Nothing more, nothing less and certainly not for the money.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio