Author Topic: What the hell do bodybuilders think of this?  (Read 775 times)

Neptune100

• Getbig III
What the hell do bodybuilders think of this?
« on: May 07, 2009, 11:59:47 AM »
I just watched this on musculardevelopment.com and dont know exactly what I should take from this clip of Roddy Power. I curious to see what type of observations a pro would take from this:

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/2014/225/

A couple observations of mine directly after watching this:

1. Roddy has a very good physique. Obvious flaws but the man has alot of muscle and vascularity.
2. I like the concept of "all show all go". Some guys just have pretty muscles with no real strength or power capacity. Id rather look great and have that great strength and athleticism that a bodybuilding physique portrays. 
3. I hate watching that motion Roddy thinks are repetitions when he is doing dumbell presses. I just say WTF? Why do you have someone pulling the weight up with you when you cant handle 200lb dumbells anyways? That is not impressive. Id be more impressed seeing him do 120-130pounds on the dumbell press with a full range of motion.
3. MD is obviously trying to "shock" bodybuilding fans or "entice" them to their brand of bodybuilding by being so "hardcore" and showing a new series of clips from a guy like Roddy.  Personally, Im just not that impressed and I dont think its good for bodybuilding.  Roddy's depiction portrays bodybuilders as meatheaded roided psychos,(Im not accusing him just making observation) the same stereotype bodybuilders have had forever.  However, MD is achieving what they want because I will be looking in on future episodes of Roddy because this is interesting.

spinnis

Re: What the hell do bodybuilders think of this?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 12:29:33 PM »
How about you shut up?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 12:31:06 PM »

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 01:08:16 PM »
I just watched this on musculardevelopment.com and dont know exactly what I should take from this clip of Roddy Power. I curious to see what type of observations a pro would take from this:

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/2014/225/

A couple observations of mine directly after watching this:

1. Roddy has a very good physique. Obvious flaws but the man has alot of muscle and vascularity.
2. I like the concept of "all show all go". Some guys just have pretty muscles with no real strength or power capacity. Id rather look great and have that great strength and athleticism that a bodybuilding physique portrays. 
3. I hate watching that motion Roddy thinks are repetitions when he is doing dumbell presses. I just say WTF? Why do you have someone pulling the weight up with you when you cant handle 200lb dumbells anyways? That is not impressive. Id be more impressed seeing him do 120-130pounds on the dumbell press with a full range of motion.
3. MD is obviously trying to "shock" bodybuilding fans or "entice" them to their brand of bodybuilding by being so "hardcore" and showing a new series of clips from a guy like Roddy.  Personally, Im just not that impressed and I dont think its good for bodybuilding.  Roddy's depiction portrays bodybuilders as meatheaded roided psychos,(Im not accusing him just making observation) the same stereotype bodybuilders have had forever.  However, MD is achieving what they want because I will be looking in on future episodes of Roddy because this is interesting.

This has already been discussed. The guy is not helping the "muscle neanderthal" stereo type. How old is that guy? He comes off very insecure...who is he trying to impress? You'd think a grown man would have grown out of that phase .......
HAHA, RON.....

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 01:11:50 PM »

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 01:17:04 PM »
This has already been discussed.

Yes. The discussion is as long as trailer park criminal's criminal record.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=278944.0

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 01:43:32 PM »
How about you shut up?

oops my bad for posting something already discussed...dont worry though Swede you're still a loser