Author Topic: Lance: Why Sheryl and I Split  (Read 899 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Lance: Why Sheryl and I Split
« on: May 08, 2009, 07:28:41 AM »
Lance: Why Sheryl and I Split

LANCE Armstrong is blaming the constant tick, tick, ticking of Sheryl Crow's biological clock as the key factor in their break-up three years ago.

In "Lance," out in July from Da Capo, the Tour de France legend tells author John Wilcockson that after he and the sexy rocker were engaged in 2005, two weeks before her 44th birthday, their relationship became "kind of a struggle."

"She wanted marriage, she wanted children; and not that I didn't want that, but I didn't want that at that time because I had just gotten out of a marriage, I'd just had kids [Luke, Grace and Bella]," Armstrong, 37, reveals. "Yet we're up against her biological clock -- that pressure is what cracked it."

The famed cyclist adds that he and Crow went to a counselor in a bid to heal the growing divide, "but really there's no way to counsel that situation.

"Because if somebody wants a child -- man, that's the greatest gift you can give to a woman -- so who are you to stand there and say I don't want one. So we were at different points in our lives. We were not compatible on that issue."

Armstrong adds it was a matter of bad timing. "I felt like I wasn't ready . . . I would have been in the future, but not then."

In May 2007, Crow -- still unmarried and with her options of giving birth to her own child slim -- adopted a two-week-old boy she named Wyatt Steven Crow. Mother and child live on a 154-acre farm outside Nashville.

Meanwhile, Armstrong -- who then dated Tory Burch, Ashley Olsen, Lisa Shields and Kate Hudson -- is ready to be a father again. Last December, he announced that his girlfriend, Anna Hansen, is pregnant. Their baby was conceived naturally, defying doctors' concerns that Armstrong's bout with testicular cancer had rendered him sterile. The baby is due next month.