Author Topic: 1972 Olympia-females backstage  (Read 13431 times)

wild willie

• Getbig V
1972 Olympia-females backstage
« on: May 08, 2009, 11:16:38 AM »
Can anyone confirm the rumor, that there were girls present backstage, at the 72 Olympia, and they were there to pleasure the bodybuilders? It was suggested that the girls were performing fellatio......any truth to this????

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: 1972 Olympia-females backstage
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 11:19:49 AM »
I believe Ben Weider was part of that contingent. :o

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 12:10:29 PM »
Can anyone confirm the rumor, that there were girls present backstage, at the 72 Olympia, and they were there to pleasure the bodybuilders? It was suggested that the girls were performing fellatio......any truth to this????

don't see why it would not be....

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 02:02:39 PM »

Arnold said he made that up in a issue of Oui magazine to bring attention to bodybuilding. But then Arnold has said on Oprah that he doesn't recall such an interview during his run for governor.

In any case, it's a false story Arnold made up.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 08:51:07 AM »
Arnold said he made that up in a issue of Oui magazine to bring attention to bodybuilding. But then Arnold has said on Oprah that he doesn't recall such an interview during his run for governor.

In any case, it's a false story Arnold made up.

good story by Arnold.....the fake ones are always the best ones

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 07:09:10 PM »

good story by Arnold.....the fake ones are always the best ones

yeah he is a regular Michael Crichton or Mother Goose, even

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 12:59:13 PM »
just a cover for the truth that it was Ben Weider and Oscar State performing fellatio on Arnold, thats why Arnold got 1st and Sergio 2nd ::)
Thunderdome approved

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 08:00:00 AM »
I know Arnold was afraid of girls with high self-esteem...the ones who would not fall for his stupid shit...of which there was aplenty

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 11:44:25 AM »
I know Arnold was afraid of girls with high self-esteem...the ones who would not fall for his stupid shit...of which there was aplenty

and how exactly do you know this??????

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 01:01:03 PM »
wow!!

such disrespect for Arnold......

why do you have such a problem with the great one????

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 02:46:27 PM »

I believe that, not necessarily afraid but would avoid those who were too smart for his BS and constant fiction.

wow!!

such disrespect for Arnold......

why do you have such a problem with the great one?

Not believing the Arnold BS machine for a minute hardly constitutes disrespect for someone who is himself reknown for disrespecting others.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 08:32:02 AM »
I believe that, not necessarily afraid but would avoid those who were too smart for his BS and constant fiction.

Not believing the Arnold BS machine for a minute hardly constitutes disrespect for someone who is himself reknown for disrespecting others.
fair statement.....but why don't we ask people such as Bill Grant and Leon Brown, who personally knew Arnold, what kind of a guy he was. We seem to go off rumors around here. I am sure that there are VERY FEW people on this chat board who knew Arnie and company. FAIR ENOUGH????

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 11:03:28 AM »
fair statement.....but why don't we ask people such as Bill Grant and Leon Brown, who personally knew Arnold, what kind of a guy he was. We seem to go off rumors around here. I am sure that there are VERY FEW people on this chat board who knew Arnie and company. FAIR ENOUGH????

No need to ask, many of the guys loved him and/or fawned over him in part because he was the best BB at Gold's plus the persona so what would you expect. They wanted to be around the guy plus i think he treated some different from others depending on the situation-Grant for example was never a serious rival and was a fellow regular there and no dummy so no reason to dis him.

But that's only half a loaf, part of the equation. I'm surprised that you aren't aware of this willie!

There are others who would say the exact opposite, because in reality the guy's always been a charmer and a dickhead. Ask Robby Robinson what he thinks after Schwarzie used the n-word on him because Robby justifiably wanted some type of small payment for being in the movie - and this happened in a room full of BBs at a party. Schwarzie got paid something. Or after Schwarzie fondled Robby's wife's boobs at Gold's. Or Mentzer, or Boyer Coe. Or the 15 or so women he harassed including a legitimate reporter trying to interview him.

It's pretty clear to anyone who doesn't see him thru rose-colored glasses that the guy's always been a major bullshitter and asshole. He had to hide it now though. He made up the story about his dad's funeral. And he's completely charming at other times, when he wants to use someone-no surprise.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 04:03:05 PM »
He made up the story about his dad's funeral.

So he attended his father's funeral, or his dad didn't pass away didn't during the olympia???

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 06:40:40 PM »

So he attended his father's funeral, or his dad didn't pass away didn't during the olympia???

I think he attended; in any event it didn't come close to the bald-faced on-cam lie that was said simply for effect.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 08:58:06 AM »
pumpster,

All these stories are very well known.....yes, I am aware of all the ladies who claim Arnie fondled them, yes, the story of Robinson's ex wife, believe she was 19 at the time. I might be looking at Arnold through rose colored glasses, but maybe, just maybe, some deadbeats are quick to accuse Arnold of this, that and the other!!!! I know one thing, just as many admire the man as those who are jealous and never got off their duff.......many came up with excuses, mentzer and many others fell by the way side......Arnold made it in life outside bodybuilding......in no way am I saying he was an angel......I am sure he has plenty of skeletons in his closet......but so did mentzer and robinson and waller. IMHO

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 09:02:34 AM »
I think he attended; in any event it didn't come close to the bald-faced on-cam lie that was said simply for effect.
Arnold's father was very abusive and violent with Arnold and Manfred. Manfred was the apple of his father's eye......Arnold played second fiddle.....therefore Arnold had some resentment towards his father. Not saying it is right to hold a grudge, but you can imagine how someone could have bad feelings toward their father if they were in fact treated this way.......just like Louie, he didn't have a healthy relationship with his dad.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 09:47:31 AM »
I am sure he has plenty of skeletons in his closet......but so did mentzer and robinson and waller. IMHO

I haven't seen any evidence of those guys being the dick Schwarzenegger's been actually. To try to mitigate the truth by suggesting that of others is to attempt to draw attention away from the reality that he's always been a big-time charmer and ahole, well beyond the norm.

This is a typical Schwarzenegger story - on July 4th at Venice Beach a few years ago someone on the boards saw Schwarzenegger pull up on a Harely accompanied by a bodyguard on another bike. The fan was friendly, said hello but Schwarzenegger, knowing there was no one around and with nothing to gain from the exchange, didn't even acknowledge the greeting. No surprise.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 10:06:50 AM »
bill grant left his kids with arnie, while he worked his shift at united airlines

arnie couldn't have been that bad of a guy or that much of a racist

grant's kids still speak fondly of their time with arnie......hell, arnie would take them to mcdonald's for a meal.....they enjoyed having him as their babysitter

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 10:08:12 AM »
let's agree to disagree though

because i don't think you like or respect arnie as a person

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 10:12:46 AM »
I haven't seen any evidence of those guys being the dick Schwarzenegger's been actually. To try to mitigate the truth by suggesting that of others is to attempt to draw attention away from the reality that he's always been a big-time charmer and ahole, well beyond the norm.

This is a typical Schwarzenegger story - on July 4th at Venice Beach a few years ago someone on the boards saw Schwarzenegger pull up on a Harely accompanied by a bodyguard on another bike. The fan was friendly, said hello but Schwarzenegger, knowing there was no one around and with nothing to gain from the exchange, didn't even acknowledge the greeting. No surprise.
go ask don cestone from ironage about arnie......he has known him personally for over 35 years......he has gone to all the cigar nights and has seen arnold around town......arnold was cordial to all people.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009, 11:03:09 AM »
Celebrities are expected to act perfectly. There are times when everyone can be an asshole. A fan catches you off guard and then you're branded as one for life.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 12:35:05 PM »
bill grant left his kids with arnie, while he worked his shift at united airlines

arnie couldn't have been that bad of a guy or that much of a racist

grant's kids still speak fondly of their time with arnie......hell, arnie would take them to mcdonald's for a meal.....they enjoyed having him as their babysitter

I have no doubt about this - an ahole charmer decides case-by-case whether to be nice or not, it varies depending on context and individual and what is gained by being friendly.

Another story - i'm backstage at the '76 Universe, i motion my friend to go over to Schwarzie for a pic. He is refused for absolutely no reason. Nothin goin on, no reason for it. Classic Arnold once again, and let me tell you when someone you look up to does something like this it leaves a bad taste for a loooong time. :-X

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 12:39:14 PM »
Celebrities are expected to act perfectly. There are times when everyone can be an asshole. A fan catches you off guard and then you're branded as one for life.

Epic rationalization. Don't worry, there are many like you. Schwarzie wasn't a celeb when i saw it first-hand, nor is harrassing 15 or more women your typical celeb behavior.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2009, 12:42:22 PM »
let's agree to disagree though

because i don't think you like or respect arnie as a person

In that case get it together - don't say we agree to disagree then take a cheap shot lol

Your interpretation is flawed because you see only black or white, whereas in life there are plenty of grays. You don't seem to realize that there are plenty of people in life who are respected and disliked simulaneously. The truth that you don't see because of your fandom is that I ilke alot about him, and abhor other aspects. Reread what i've posted-i said he was both, rather than just good or bad as you interpret him to be. Life's complicated dude.

In short, i have a balanced view, you choose to see only one dimension.

Sorry for the reality check.. :-[

Or as Bill Pearl, one of the most sincere and respected BBs said: "There are givers and takers, Arnold's a taker"...I hardly think that's an attack (except to groupies), it's just reality and hardly an endoresment. ;D

Keep in mind guys, you're big fans...fan is short for fanatic.  ;D