Author Topic: 240: Keep leaning, or add muscle?  (Read 37420 times)

DaBamaman

Re: 240: Keep leaning, or add muscle?
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2005, 07:27:18 PM »
240, my suggestions to you (these aren't meant to be insults, just a wake-up call):

You need to clear your head and start over the right way.  There comes a point in almost everyone's training (particularly natural trainers) where they realize that they have been wasting a lot of time by trying to incorporate advise which is either: (i) better suited for people using AS, or (ii) better suited for no one and really just designed to sell another silly magazine.  You various pics aren't showing progress, they are showing different camera angles, poses, and lighting.

You make a lot of assertions about working harder than others, doing different routines out of magazines (some sort of shoulder routine), and about how your dedication allows you to do things differently (your claim that one will not overtrain by going five days a week if they eat enough).  However, your results are falling short of where they should be.  You are using your genetics as a cop-out, rather than accepting that fact that your short-comings are more likely related to your approach.

I would suggest throwing away all the muscle magazines, as well as everything you think you know.  Put on your shirt and put away the camera.  Learn how to really lift heavy weights and learn how to recover.  Stop trying to give advice and instead read advice from credible sources.  Realize that an anonymous BB is probably not the best place to get advice, nor is some guy who has a good body, but really no idea how it got that way.

If you want some good starting advice for good sources of reading materials and how to get on the right track, try to ask Gary for some advice in the training forum.

You are so right  8)

240 or bust

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2005, 07:28:59 PM »
You are so right 8)

yesterday you were going to delete your account. Back so soon?

talk shit about me and i'll be happy to bring back the slideshow and one that's a *tad* bit worse. keep my name out your dental and we can be cool.

DaBamaman

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2005, 07:38:05 PM »
yesterday you were going to delete your account. Back so soon?

talk shit about me and i'll be happy to bring back the slideshow and one that's a *tad* bit worse. keep my name out your dental and we can be cool.

I notice something.....other ppl tell you how badly you look and what you need to do to improve and you dont say nothing to them but when i agree with them you diss me....make all the slides,gifs, you want......actually i encourage you to do that because thats what makes you feel good.....when you look in the mirror you must not feel good about yourself to put other ppl down who actually works out and looks a whole lot better than you.....good luck

bigbarrybonds

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2005, 08:19:05 PM »
240, my suggestions to you (these aren't meant to be insults, just a wake-up call):

You need to clear your head and start over the right way.  There comes a point in almost everyone's training (particularly natural trainers) where they realize that they have been wasting a lot of time by trying to incorporate advise which is either: (i) better suited for people using AS, or (ii) better suited for no one and really just designed to sell another silly magazine.  You various pics aren't showing progress, they are showing different camera angles, poses, and lighting.

You make a lot of assertions about working harder than others, doing different routines out of magazines (some sort of shoulder routine), and about how your dedication allows you to do things differently (your claim that one will not overtrain by going five days a week if they eat enough).  However, your results are falling short of where they should be.  You are using your genetics as a cop-out, rather than accepting that fact that your short-comings are more likely related to your approach.

I would suggest throwing away all the muscle magazines, as well as everything you think you know.  Put on your shirt and put away the camera.  Learn how to really lift heavy weights and learn how to recover.  Stop trying to give advice and instead read advice from credible sources.  Realize that an anonymous BB is probably not the best place to get advice, nor is some guy who has a good body, but really no idea how it got that way.

If you want some good starting advice for good sources of reading materials and how to get on the right track, try to ask Gary for some advice in the training forum.

Dude, this is great advice. 240, go back to the basics. Not a flame but re-evaluate your goals and change your name to something like build a decent build or bust. I'm wondering if you even know SPECIFICALLY what your goals really are? I may have missed that somewhere, forgive me if I did but sometimes just putting up a lofty goal like getting to 240, if you don't have a clear cut plan, you'll spend your time floating and wasting time.

the_future

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2005, 08:19:50 PM »
Ok, so how has training been since these pics?

Stallion

• Getbig III
  • Brunette Goddess
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2005, 09:25:33 PM »
Do you even lift weights?

reichsfuehrer SS

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2005, 06:58:10 AM »
shut the fu.ck up "stallion", he looks like he lifts, just because he's not an IFBB pro doesn't mean he doesn't lift, what do you look like queer? where's your pics?

the_future

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2005, 04:03:59 PM »
Wow, you and I actually agree on something.

Stallion

• Getbig III
  • Brunette Goddess
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2005, 08:32:07 PM »
shut the fu.ck up "stallion", he looks like he lifts, just because he's not an IFBB pro doesn't mean he doesn't lift, what do you look like queer? where's your pics?

Sorry, didn't know a tribal tattoo on the shoulder meant somebody worked out.

I posted my pics already, kiddie.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2005, 01:12:02 PM »
A pound of muscle = a pound of fat. 

Its the mass of the two that is different.  Muscle is like 2/3 smaller than fat in mass size. 

as far as im aware muscle is 50% heavier that fat in equal masses

Id say lean down a little more and start lifting for size at a controlled rate, i.e. looking to add pure muscle with minimal fat over a period of 6-12 months at first THEN evaluate your progress. Youre too inpatient, you wont look any different from 1 week to the next so shut yourself away, stop taking pics and go for it.
Scouser on Tour

240 or bust

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2005, 07:38:03 PM »
yep, that is what i'm doing. getting lean. shocking the hell out of my body, doing cardio for an hour a day, 5 days a week, after beating a health scare. I'm kicking ass now :)

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2005, 06:46:57 AM »
yep, that is what i'm doing. getting lean. shocking the hell out of my body, doing cardio for an hour a day, 5 days a week, after beating a health scare. I'm kicking ass now :)

an hour? fuck that.

SUPERDAD911

• Getbig II
  • Put limits on yourself, you limit your success.
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2005, 10:45:49 PM »
stay motivated looks like you are progressing
Sugar Free

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2005, 06:59:22 AM »
Just curious 240, how intense do you train?  I have a friend who I have lifted with in the past and you to look to have the same look.  Judging by the pics you look a bit soft as does my friend.  He doesnt train to the point of pain, just enough that he can do without struggling.  On the otherhand I train to failure every time and I look much harder, and I'm not more lean than him.  I dunno just a suggestion.

240 is a nerd

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2005, 07:27:31 AM »
stay motivated looks like you are progressing
he still looks like shit, and he always will.  he's dieting down when he has no muscle, he's gonna look like shit, he has a disgusting physique to say the least.  and he's a major geek.  240 is a fag.

marcmn

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2005, 09:05:58 AM »
Man, you're making progress, keep it up and hit it hard!

BIG LENNY

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2005, 11:56:20 AM »
i've seen some of your other posts dude.  i think you beat up on yourself too much, and take yourself too seriouly! lighten up! anyway, i don't think you look that skinny now. you could go either way, depending on your own personal goals. i' say get bigger!  i'm 5'6, 185, and i was trying to lose my smallpaunch that i have. but, i'm not so sure anymore if i want to lose the weight and get smaller, or if i want to just say f' it and just get bigger in the upper bod to counteract my small gut! 

zamsforv

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2005, 05:44:38 PM »
ADDD MORE MUSCLE PAL  THE NEXT TIME U POST IN FOIR SURE WE WOULD BE  SUPRISED YEAP  DUDE KEEP ON THE GREAT LIFTIN ::) ;D
woofwoof

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2005, 11:18:16 PM »
god, you suck 240!

dodster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2005, 05:49:53 AM »
what are your goals muscle wise? jay cutler or fitness model? somewhere inbetween? some guy said something about not training till point of failure. I think u should start cheating a lot more on the weights like ronnie or jjackson. maybe that explosive training will give you what u need.

Robin Hood

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2005, 12:27:28 PM »
why don't you start by working out

Brolly

• Getbig IV
  • Dick for days, Ass for weeks
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2005, 11:39:37 PM »
Lol, Cardio, working out, going back to basics. Sure ok; lol. ::)
GspotRocksGspot

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2005, 03:03:52 PM »

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2005, 04:37:46 AM »
yeah wheres the regular 240 update

SlyIzLegend

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2005, 06:59:17 AM »
ey 240,

lose as much fat as you can, even if that means living the hard way.

tuna and water, eggwhites and toasted bread, ahh, you know what I mean

and then add muscle ounce by ounce and doing it the "patient" way. Do you think a good fundament should be build in 1 week? It takes years and years to develope a respectable physique if you are building without the juice. Just accept that. Just get rid of the fat and start over new.