Author Topic: Cheney backs Limbaugh over Powell on GOP future  (Read 2441 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Cheney backs Limbaugh over Powell on GOP future
« on: May 10, 2009, 01:34:05 PM »
Vader is a dittohead...  how special...  The republicans are done for a while with stuff like this lol...

WASHINGTON – Dick Cheney made clear Sunday he'd rather follow firebrand broadcaster Rush Limbaugh than former Joint Chiefs chairman Colin Powell into political battle over the future of the Republican Party.

Even as Cheney embraced efforts to expand the party by ex-Govs. Jeb Bush of Florida and Mitt Romney of Massachusetts and the House's No. 2 Republican, Virginia Rep. Eric Cantor, the former vice president appeared to write his one-time colleague Powell out of the GOP.

Asked about recent verbal broadsides between Limbaugh and Powell, Cheney said, "If I had to choose in terms of being a Republican, I'd go with Rush Limbaugh. My take on it was Colin had already left the party. I didn't know he was still a Republican."

Powell, who was secretary of state under President George W. Bush and held the nation's top military post under President George H.W. Bush, endorsed Democrat Barack Obama for president last year. Nonetheless, since the election he has described himself as a Republican and a right-of-center conservative, though "not as right as others would like."

Cheney, citing Powell's backing of Obama over Republican nominee John McCain, said, "I assumed that that is some indication of his loyalty and his interests."

cont... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090510/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_cheney

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Cheney backs Limbaugh over Powell on GOP future
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 01:08:54 AM »
wow, crickets....  shock shock.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 01:10:46 AM »
wow, crickets....  shock shock.

Jews....it's their fault.
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 01:13:56 AM »

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 01:14:54 AM »
why ::)

It's always the Jews' fault, didn't you know that?
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 01:17:41 AM »
It's always the Jews' fault, didn't you know that?
No >:(  explain it to me you racist jackass

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 01:23:13 AM »
No >:(  explain it to me you racist jackass

Jews control the world, hence every problem MUST be their fault...just ask the Samson and company....
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 01:24:38 AM »
Jews control the world, hence every problem MUST be their fault...just ask the Samson and company....
when did you join that crowd >:(

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 01:31:39 AM »
when did you join that crowd >:(

Come on Hugo, you're not that dumb are you? ::)
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 01:34:41 AM »
Come on Hugo, you're not that dumb are you? ::)
you're a freaking food racist and you fucking know it. Don't even deny it jackass... You post this food supremacist bullshit all over the board like it's stormfood.com >:(

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 01:35:31 AM »
you're a freaking food racist and you fucking know it. Don't even deny it jackass... You post this food supremacist bullshit all over the board like it's stormfood.com >:(

>:(
I hate the State.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 01:39:05 AM »

It's a big jewish conspiracy to throw everyone off their diets.
Then when everyone is an obese lethargic whale unable to run, ...they just sail right in.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 07:01:46 AM »
Vader is a dittohead...  how special...  The republicans are done for a while with stuff like this lol...

WASHINGTON – Dick Cheney made clear Sunday he'd rather follow firebrand broadcaster Rush Limbaugh than former Joint Chiefs chairman Colin Powell into political battle over the future of the Republican Party.

Even as Cheney embraced efforts to expand the party by ex-Govs. Jeb Bush of Florida and Mitt Romney of Massachusetts and the House's No. 2 Republican, Virginia Rep. Eric Cantor, the former vice president appeared to write his one-time colleague Powell out of the GOP.

Asked about recent verbal broadsides between Limbaugh and Powell, Cheney said, "If I had to choose in terms of being a Republican, I'd go with Rush Limbaugh. My take on it was Colin had already left the party. I didn't know he was still a Republican."

Powell, who was secretary of state under President George W. Bush and held the nation's top military post under President George H.W. Bush, endorsed Democrat Barack Obama for president last year. Nonetheless, since the election he has described himself as a Republican and a right-of-center conservative, though "not as right as others would like."

Cheney, citing Powell's backing of Obama over Republican nominee John McCain, said, "I assumed that that is some indication of his loyalty and his interests."

cont... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090510/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_cheney

Colin Powell is a left wing liberal who voted for Obama BECAUSE OF RACE!!!Why ANY republican would allow him to have ANY say in the party is beyond me.Powell should join the democrats as ALL his views are theirs.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 08:04:31 AM »
Colin Powell is a left wing liberal

Why did Bush appoint a left wing liberal as Sec of State?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 08:30:51 AM »

I dont have a clue why.Why did a guy that owes his ENTIRE career to republicans vote for Obama?One reason!!!RACE!!!!!Why did a guy pretend to be conservative when hes really a lib?Perhaps to get ahead?He knows a black man in the democratic party doesnt stand out so he pretended to be a conservative to get ahead in the republican party.Then,once he got ahead,he sold them out.Hes a real scumbag.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 08:35:10 AM »
I dont have a clue why.Why did a guy that owes his ENTIRE career to republicans vote for Obama?One reason!!!RACE!!!!!Why did a guy pretend to be conservative when hes really a lib?Perhaps to get ahead?He knows a black man in the democratic party doesnt stand out so he pretended to be a conservative to get ahead in the republican party.Then,once he got ahead,he sold them out.Hes a real scumbag.

how do you know it was race?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 08:41:02 AM »
how do you know it was race?

I have eyes.This is a man that has wanted a moderate to liberal guy as the head of the republicans.We nominated THE MOST liberal to moderate guy in the party.Instead of Powell saying "yes,thank you",he voted for Obama.There can be no other rational explanation as Powells views are MUCH more in line with McCAins then Obamas.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 09:59:38 AM »
I have eyes.This is a man that has wanted a moderate to liberal guy as the head of the republicans.We nominated THE MOST liberal to moderate guy in the party.Instead of Powell saying "yes,thank you",he voted for Obama.There can be no other rational explanation as Powells views are MUCH more in line with McCAins then Obamas.

mccain embraced Bush's economic and war policies.

These were not liberal positions he took.  They were far right.  And they were the 2 biggest issues in the election.

powelll said he rejected those positions.  it ain't rocket science, billy.  You bring up race 50,000 times a day, so we KNOW where you stand ;) 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 11:22:45 AM »
mccain embraced Bush's economic and war policies.

These were not liberal positions he took.  They were far right.  And they were the 2 biggest issues in the election.

powelll said he rejected those positions.  it ain't rocket science, billy.  You bring up race 50,000 times a day, so we KNOW where you stand ;) 

Ummm hey nut job.McCAIN voted AGAINST the Bush tax cuts!!!!!!Thats not embracing his economic policies as THAT IS he economic policy.He was against torture!!!!!!Powell WAS FOR the Iraq war!!!He made a speech to the UN describing it.McCain was for cap and trade,Bush isnt.aGAIN,A BLIND MAN CAN SEE WHY POWELL DID WHAT HE DID!!!!Keep sticking your head in the sand and pretend Powell did it because he believed in Obamas policies.Powell is a man that LOVED Reagan and called him the greatest man he ever knew.Tell me,is Obama ANYTHING like Reagan?No he is the ANTI-Reagan.The exact opposite of Reagan.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 11:36:37 AM »
By the way,I bring up race because this presidents entire existance is based on race and leveling the playing field for blacks!!!You bring up Sarah Palin everyday and NO ONE cares but you.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 11:39:01 AM »

For the credibility that Powell brought to the table. 

On military issues Powell is good, but he knows nothing about much else. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 01:16:17 PM »
Of course Cheney backs Limbaugh.

Limbaugh is a narrow minded delusional hypocrite who can't stop lying.

Cheney?  Well.. birds of a feather flock together.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 01:21:27 PM »
based on race and leveling the playing field for blacks!!!

Serious question here for you my friend...

Based on your statement above, can you explain HOW that is going to happen?  I mean seriously, what is being done to progress the blacks upward in order to "level" the playing field?

My belief is that people who get ahead are the ones that work the hardest, or work the smartest, and use opportunities that are provided to everyone (college, internships, etc..) in order to excel in their field.

How can you support your statement based on the fact that the people who want to get ahead, will do it anyway?  I mean, doctors and lawyers are still going to need college education, state licenses, etc..  Business owners are still going to need plans and such to succeed.

Where does your statement come from?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2009, 01:37:04 PM »
Serious question here for you my friend...

Based on your statement above, can you explain HOW that is going to happen?  I mean seriously, what is being done to progress the blacks upward in order to "level" the playing field?

My belief is that people who get ahead are the ones that work the hardest, or work the smartest, and use opportunities that are provided to everyone (college, internships, etc..) in order to excel in their field.

How can you support your statement based on the fact that the people who want to get ahead, will do it anyway?  I mean, doctors and lawyers are still going to need college education, state licenses, etc..  Business owners are still going to need plans and such to succeed.

Where does your statement come from?

Hey buddy open your eyes.Obamas health care crap already has stated that he will squeeze doctors.Whats that mean?That means HE will determine what they make,just like HE will determine what CEOs will make.Just like he will attempt to determine what everybody can make.This has already started with financial institutions.Look what he did for the UAW.They got 55% OF THE COMPANY AND THE HARD WORKING,TAX PAYING AMERICANS GOT NOTHING!!Oh,Im sorry,we got to give them another 3 billion and soon another 4 billion.

Obama will "level the playing field" by things like card check,raising taxes on the "wealthy"[what he determines as wealth],more social programs,government controlling just about everything,federalising education to push more diversity training,forced community service[guess where our kids will be serving?In Obamas black communities].Hate crime legislation[and soon to follow thought crime legislation].All of this is intended to push down those who work hard and do well.He doesnt want to lift people from poverty,he wants to push more into poverty.Its forced reperations from "crimes and sins from the past".He will make right what he sees as the rich stepping on his people to get their wealth.