Author Topic: InStyler  (Read 2498 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
InStyler
« on: May 13, 2009, 06:14:21 AM »
I have seen the infomercials and read both good and bad reviews on this.  Anyone have one or have used one?   My hair is naturally straight but I thought I could get it straighter with some curl at the ends and it not take all day.   :P 

I have tried flatirons and they are just a pia with the length and thickness of my hair and just curling the ends it never seems to last. 

Migs?
   ;D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: InStyler
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 09:08:37 AM »
My friend's daughter got one and sent it back.
R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 09:11:14 AM »
I've been intrigued by it too.  $$$ seems a bit steep though.  No matter what I do or products I use, my hair will NOT hold a curl or barely a flip for longer than 1/2 hour.  Have you tried a round brush and blow dryer?
:

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 09:12:18 AM »
It will probably be sold at Bed, Bath and Beyond soon.
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 09:12:45 AM »
I've been intrigued by it too.  $$$ seems a bit steep though.  No matter what I do or products I use, my hair will NOT hold a curl or barely a flip for longer than 1/2 hour.  Have you tried a round brush and blow dryer?

Princess, do you ever use mousse?  That seems to help hold a curl.
R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 09:48:12 AM »
Princess, do you ever use mousse?  That seems to help hold a curl.
Yup, all different kinds.  Funny thing.  A hairdresser was trying to think of something I hadn't tried that might work.  Finally she said, "have you tried not using anything?"   :o  What a concept ;D  Same end result  :-\
:

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 09:50:24 AM »

You can get just one on ebay for under $80 with shipping.  My hair is too long, straight and thick to hold a curl for very long.   I can get a nice shaping with a round brush and blow dryer but I wash my hair at night cause I ain't getting up any earlier to wash and blow dry it out!, so I wanted something I could use on dry hair. 

I don't have the patience or skill to use any kind of rollers in my hair either, I have given them a go but too much work.
:P

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 09:59:40 AM »
nope sorry nothing to add

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 10:59:43 AM »

I don't have the patience or skill to use any kind of rollers in my hair either, I have given them a go but too much work. [/color] :P

Have you tried the large purple hot rollers that only come w/5 rollers?  They are really easy and fast and 5 are all you need for the whole head....they come w/pins (which I don't use) and clips which are easy, you just clip it over the roller after your hair is rolled up.

I think they are Con Air or Revlon.
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 11:44:36 AM »
Have you tried the large purple hot rollers that only come w/5 rollers?  They are really easy and fast and 5 are all you need for the whole head....they come w/pins (which I don't use) and clips which are easy, you just clip it over the roller after your hair is rolled up.

Like I could do my hair w/five rollers!   ::)    My hair is down to my butt!  And is thick so I can't roll very big sections.   Maybe I could get 2 sets and just roll them 1/2 way up?   ???

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 11:45:54 AM »

How so?  I've seen them on informercials offered at $14.99, ...and if you call within the next 30 seconds...
you'll get a heat proof carrying case, a special 3-in1 styling tool, a bottle of spray conditioner, and a 2nd instyler absolutely free. You get all of this for the incredibly low price of $14.99. Order Now while supplies last.  :P
w

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 11:48:45 AM »
You have to read the fine print.  ;)   Then you get 3 payments of like 39.99 and if you want to upgrade it cost X more dollars, you end up spending $149 - $189 I believe.  But you do get TWO of them for that price!!     ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 11:53:58 AM »
You have to read the fine print.  ;)   Then you get 3 payments of like 39.99 and if you want to upgrade it cost X more dollars, you end up spending $149 - $189 I believe.  But you do get TWO of them for that price!!     ;D

Read the fine print? I could barely read the 800 number on the screen.  :o
They didn't mention that part in the infomercial.  :-\
w

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 12:05:34 PM »
Read the fine print? I could barely read the 800 number on the screen.  :o
They didn't mention that part in the infomercial.  :-\

Of course they don't!  I had to go online to see what the actual cost was because they never said.
   >:(

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 02:02:56 PM »

'
I have absolutely no coordination with rollers.  Pieces of hair either fall out while I'm trying to roll or I end up with "fish-hooks"  :-[

Years ago I had these pink, spongy rollers that were heated up on a steamer thingy.  They actually worked pretty well, but I didn't have as many layers then.
:

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 02:10:41 PM »
'

Years ago I had these pink, spongy rollers that were heated up on a steamer thingy.  They actually worked pretty well, but I didn't have as many layers then.
[/color]

Caruso!!
R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 02:44:07 PM »
:

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 04:14:26 PM »
why not leave straight hair straight, curly hair curly?

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 04:32:03 AM »
People used to use orange juice cans as big rollers.  Maybe I should try those?

;D

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 05:41:16 AM »
Flowa I would love to pull your hair  ;)
X

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 05:43:50 AM »
Flowa I would love to pull your hair  ;)

oh, that hurts baby!   ;)

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 07:57:54 AM »
before or after the donkey punch?

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 04:02:11 PM »
why not leave straight hair straight, curly hair curly?

I think it's cause women have this "i want to be the opposite of what I am" gene. My daughters have it. Lilly (6yrs old) is my blonde with straight hair and wants black curly hair.

Sophia (4yrs old) has BEAUTIFUL brown hair with natural blondish highlights (the kind her mom pays a salon over $100 for) and she wants hair like lilly's (blonde) or Ariel the little mermaid (red)

I can't even tell you what their moms natural color is anymore..

I myself have brown super curly (if I let it get past 2in long) hair..think Shirley Temple curls.

I've seen pics of most of the GB Ladies posted on this topic and I think they are simply beautiful as they are. :-*

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 06:45:15 PM »
  oh, that hurts baby!   ;)

only if you want it to!!
X

Migs

• Getbig V