Author Topic: Gym Equipment  (Read 2055 times)

bigb6456

• Getbig I
Gym Equipment
« on: May 13, 2009, 06:34:07 AM »
What is the difference between the Bowflex & Nautilus Selectech Dumbbells,  Nautilus makes both of them and they look identical. 

Also I am looking at the Nautilus Rotary Ab / Back (NT 1120),  It looks to be the best deal for the money ($400.00).  Is there any other machine out there that is comparable to it?
I would like to find a Nautilus Studio Ab machine, or a commercial Nautilus machine used but every where online they are way over priced for being used.   

These 2 things are for my wife,  She does not have time to make it to the gym ever.  She just wants some thing for her core.  She wants one of the old Nautilus ab machines from back in the late 80's (the one that has the big "hoop" bar and you sit behind it and push forward with your chest). 

Yes I know she could just do exercises with kettle balls and use a roman chair ect, ect, ect,.......  These just are not things she "wants", and we all know to just keep our wives happy.

KSA

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Gym Equipment
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 11:40:44 AM »
Abs are made in the kitchen.

Powerblock dbells are better.

bigb6456

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 01:22:28 PM »
Thanks for the reply KSA,  but as I said she has no desire to use anything like that. 

KSA

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 02:40:10 PM »

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 09:07:57 AM »
Powerblocks are IMO more durable, about the same price and just as fast.

The only downsides with blocks are that there is no possibility of doing exercises holding just one end of a DB with both hands ie pullovers or extensions.

Ironmaster makes the other best quick-change DBs, but they're not as quick though more durable and have the conventional DB shape.

bigb6456

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 09:32:58 AM »
Speed is not high on the needs list,  space saving is number one, number two is quality.