Author Topic: The ORIGINAL Dennis Wolf (IAN HARRISON)  (Read 8644 times)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Re: The ORIGINAL Dennis Wolf (IAN HARRISON)
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2009, 12:56:15 PM »
Some more of Charles

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2009, 12:59:04 PM »
People are drooling over today's line up, but they ALL pale in comparison to the competitors of the early-late 90's. Even Dennis Wolf WISHED he looked as good as Ian did 14 years ago. If Ian or Charles came around today I wonder if they would be appreciated for just how GREAT they are? MASS does NOT equal quality. Judges forgot this notion over a DECADE ago.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2009, 12:59:24 PM »
Offeason
LOL. Are those cctv stills of a bank robbery suspect!?    

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2009, 01:35:37 PM »
wolf looks better
tank u jesus

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2009, 02:25:03 PM »
wolf looks better

Not a chance in hell. You must also think that Jay Cutler is the second coming.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2009, 02:27:59 PM »
Ian has the arms of a 16 year old natural

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2009, 02:28:50 PM »
that niggah looks good

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2009, 04:38:08 PM »

Kiwiol is right. Ian had a bit of a weird structure, never quite filling it either.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 05:06:05 PM »
Monstruous quads, rest is shit.
Wolf is better in every other possibly way.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2009, 05:11:39 PM »
IMO Wolf has everything to become legendary...
S

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2009, 06:04:33 PM »
Harrison has ridiculous quads

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2009, 06:06:01 PM »
Huge Aryan bastard with muscles.
No doubt about it...

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2009, 06:12:11 PM »

LOL!!! 

Was this how he was trying to rob the quickie mart?
\

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2009, 06:17:17 PM »
and FAR SUPERIOR Ian Harrison. This guy had it all, but was overlooked along with guys like Charles Clairmonte in the mid 90's. They brought MASS and SYMMETRY to the table, without the BLOATED GUTS...

Dennis Wolfe WISHES he looked as good as Ian did at 26 years old 14 YEARS AGO. Just goes to show JUST how much the sport has taken a million steps backwards since 1999.

Not a fan of Wolf's physique.  Prefer Ian all the way.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2009, 06:39:06 PM »
Ian & Charles!!.. Are you English??.. I always liked Charles he was great.. his only weakness was his relatively narrow and small torso which was a little overshadowed by his great shoulders and arms (his biceps is from the best ever in my opinion).. also his legs could have been a little bit bigger.. still his overall thing was great and was something pleasant for the eye to watch,.. he was one of the guy I never skipped their posing routine while watch any Olympia!..

As for ian, the only thing you can compare him to wolf in is that both have noticeably small calves under their big thighs!!.. other than that, wolf is much better in EVERYTHING hands down.. ian doesn’t come ANYTHING close, his shoulders/arms were very small for his torso and his structure had many flaws!!..

The guy who we can compare ian with is gunter!!.. both had nearly the exact same weak points but gunter had much better “luck”!!.. ian took what he deserved but gunter took much more than what he deserved!..

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2009, 08:04:10 PM »
Not English, no, but I do have an appreciation for the bodybuilders of the 80's and especially the 90's. When I was younger, I always thought that bigger was better, but I realize now that the quality of the competitor's was SO MUCH MORE advanced THEN, than it is today and guys like Charles Clairmonte, Vince Taylor, Sonny Schmidt, Aaron Baker, Ian Harrison, Chris Cormier, Kevin Levrone, Pavol Jablonicky, Alq Gurley, Shawn Ray, etc...

Today there are so FEW competitors that really stand out like there were in the 90's. The only one that come to mind is Ronnie Coleman and even he became a MESS at the end.. I think people like Wolf so much because compared to the rest of today's competition, he stands out, but he certainly would not have stood out in the mid 90's. Not a CHANCE. Not when ALL of the above guys I mentioned (who all placed for the most part, out of the top 10) had better physiques than Wolf does today.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2009, 11:21:53 PM »
Not English, no, but I do have an appreciation for the bodybuilders of the 80's and especially the 90's. When I was younger, I always thought that bigger was better, but I realize now that the quality of the competitor's was SO MUCH MORE advanced THEN, than it is today and guys like Charles Clairmonte, Vince Taylor, Sonny Schmidt, Aaron Baker, Ian Harrison, Chris Cormier, Kevin Levrone, Pavol Jablonicky, Alq Gurley, Shawn Ray, etc...

Today there are so FEW competitors that really stand out like there were in the 90's. The only one that come to mind is Ronnie Coleman and even he became a MESS at the end.. I think people like Wolf so much because compared to the rest of today's competition, he stands out, but he certainly would not have stood out in the mid 90's. Not a CHANCE. Not when ALL of the above guys I mentioned (who all placed for the most part, out of the top 10) had better physiques than Wolf does today.

i agree with you that wolf is not as good as the very top guy of the 90s but for sure he is much better than someone like ian..

the most important thing to be a good bb is the shape of your structure and the shape of your muscles and how the diff. areas on your body go together with each other (proportion).. this is a God given thing, no one can change his structure or the shape of his muscles.. for example you cant create a good V shape whatever you do if the bones of your waist are naturally wide.. and you cant close the gap between your right chest and your left chest if they are naturally separated..

ian or gunter were big and could be considered mass monsters but their structures flaws didnt make them great bodybuilders.. 

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2009, 05:06:18 AM »

good pic right there

spinnis

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2009, 05:27:27 AM »
 ??? ???

Wolf looks Alot better.

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2009, 05:37:45 AM »
Ian & Charles!!.. Are you English??.. I always liked Charles he was great.. his only weakness was his relatively narrow and small torso which was a little overshadowed by his great shoulders and arms (his biceps is from the best ever in my opinion).. also his legs could have been a little bit bigger.. still his overall thing was great and was something pleasant for the eye to watch,.. he was one of the guy I never skipped their posing routine while watch any Olympia!..

As for ian, the only thing you can compare him to wolf in is that both have noticeably small calves under their big thighs!!.. other than that, wolf is much better in EVERYTHING hands down.. ian doesn’t come ANYTHING close, his shoulders/arms were very small for his torso and his structure had many flaws!!..

The guy who we can compare ian with is gunter!!.. both had nearly the exact same weak points but gunter had much better “luck”!!.. ian took what he deserved but gunter took much more than what he deserved!..

Good post. The comparison between Ian and Gunter is spot on. Gunter could get good placings at a moment when the field was not as competitive as it was in the '90s. He would have been lost in the shuffle during the '90s. Wolf has great potential but even though he was impressive at the 2007 O (he should have been in the top 3 i think), he couldn't have placed in the top 6 of any of the '90s editions with a back like his.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2009, 05:45:00 AM »
Gunter could get good placings at a moment when the field was not as competitive as it was in the '90s. He would have been lost in the shuffle during the '90s.

Not in his 2002 shape. Guter was impressive that year. Ripped at 299lbs @ 6'1. He beat Ronnie.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2009, 05:52:02 AM »

i agree with you that wolf is not as good as the very top guy of the 90s but for sure he is much better than someone like ian..

the most important thing to be a good bb is the shape of your structure and the shape of your muscles and how the diff. areas on your body go together with each other (proportion).. this is a God given thing, no one can change his structure or the shape of his muscles.. for example you cant create a good V shape whatever you do if the bones of your waist are naturally wide.. and you cant close the gap between your right chest and your left chest if they are naturally separated..

ian or gunter were big and could be considered mass monsters but their structures flaws didnt make them great bodybuilders.. 

2 posts and no reference to Nasser? ??? ???

;)

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2009, 05:56:48 AM »

Not in his 2002 shape. Guter was impressive that year. Ripped at 299lbs @ 6'1. He beat Ronnie.

He could have placed better at the '0 that year but I don't think it was enough to beat Ronnie. And 2002 was a very weak edition, Levrone with no legs got a gift placing 2nd, Cormier was far from his '99 shape, Dexter was the same old Dexter with less maturity than now and Ronnie already looked like shit (but at least in '03 he looked like the most massive piece of shit ever). But all the editions from 2000 to 2006 are very weak I think.

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2009, 07:02:39 AM »
ian was a good set of wheels that never filled out his arms. fact. he placed where he belonged and wouldnt do any better today.

chuck clairmonte was very good and overlooked.

wolf is better than both except for his calves.

period

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2009, 07:04:53 AM »
wolf is ten times better...
choice is an illusion