Author Topic: Taliban telling local govt to quit or be killed. Shocker.  (Read 4083 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Taliban telling local govt to quit or be killed. Shocker.
« on: May 13, 2009, 05:36:15 PM »
I guess it's their way of Islam or the highway. If anyone really thinks these guys aren't power mongers like the rest of the world then they are clueless. The only difference is that their masking their power grabbing behind the veil of Islam.

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- A Taliban spokesman issued a series of threats and ultimatums against Pakistani officials Wednesday as the country's military continued its offensive against the militant group in the Swat Valley.

Speaking on the telephone with CNN, Muslim Khan announced that all national and provincial parliament members from the Malakand Division, the northwestern region where the Swat Valley is located, must resign within three days.

"Otherwise, we will arrest all their families," Khan threatened, "and we will destroy all their buildings."

The Taliban spokesman issued a separate directive aimed at prompting a public show of support for the militants from Pakistan's Islamist political parties. "All these parties must help the Taliban," Khan said. "They must give a press conference to show the people that we need sharia [Islamic law] in the Malakand Division."

Members of the Islamist party Jamaat-i-Islami have spoken out against the military's offensive in the Swat Valley, but they have stopped short of announcing support for the Taliban. Video Watch more about the victims of the war »

Throughout the fighting over the past three weeks, the gray-bearded Khan has been the public face of the Taliban, enthusiastically courting local and international media in jovial telephone conversations. In an earlier phone interview with CNN, he described how he had spent four years living in the United States, working as a painter in the Boston, Massachusetts, area.

On Wednesday, Khan denied reports from many refugees emerging from the Swat Valley that Taliban militants had carried out a campaign of violence and intimidation in the region for the past two years.

Several terrified Swat residents, speaking on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisal from the Taliban, described how insurgents kidnapped and killed their critics, beheaded government informers and blew up girls' schools.

Khan denied the accusations.

"We are killing the people which are only no good for society, like thieves and people who are making problem for the poor people, like people who are working for army," he said. "We are only killing these people."

On Tuesday, the Pakistani army announced that it had dropped special forces soldiers by helicopter into the Peochar area of Swat, which is thought to be the headquarters for the region's Taliban's leader, Maulana Fazliullah. Local media report that the Taliban have training camps in Peochar.

Khan confirmed that Pakistani troops had attacked Peochar, which he described as a "place for mujaheddin," or holy warriors.

The Taliban spokesman said militants and soldiers have been fighting in the mountains around Peochar since Tuesday, and that the clashes continue. He said two Taliban fighters had been killed so far in the battle, along with five Pakistani troops.

Meanwhile Wednesday, Taliban militants attacked NATO supply terminals, torching at least 10 supply trucks in northern Pakistan, local officials said.

About 70 Taliban fighters attacked the facility in Peshawar, police said. A gunfight ensued between the insurgents and police.

No casualties were reported.
advertisement

Peshawar is the capital of the North West Frontier Province, which intelligence officials say is rife with Islamic extremists and has been the site of recent clashes between Pakistani security forces and militants.

Because Afghanistan is landlocked, many supplies for NATO-led troops fighting Islamic militants there must be trucked in from Pakistan. Convoys carrying food and military supplies have regularly come under attack in the area.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/05/13/pakistan.taliban.threat/index.html?iref=newssearch

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Taliban telling local govt to quit or be killed. Shocker.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 05:47:21 PM »
If anyone really thinks these guys aren't power mongers like the rest of the world then they are clueless.

Hey, if anyone thinks they sky isn't blue, they're crazy.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 05:49:40 PM »
Hey, if anyone thinks they sky isn't blue, they're crazy.

Well, it's funny. People seem to have a big problem with the US govt. killing civilians yet they couldn't care less about these Taliban and other terrorists (comprised mostly of foreigners who are just like us) killing everyone that won't submit to them because they mask it behind "Islam".

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 05:54:25 PM »
Well, it's funny. People seem to have a big problem with the US govt. killing civilians yet they couldn't care less about these Taliban and other terrorists (comprised mostly of foreigners who are just like us) killing everyone that won't submit to them because they mask it behind "Islam".

Why do we care about killing civvies?

Becauase people get pissed and join terror groups when their families get blown up.

and it means a lot more bad guys out to hurt our troops.

I could give a shit what they 'mask' it behind.  You have beef with islam... i could give a shit if they justify their actions with religion or politics or chocolate covered bunnies... bottom line is, we blow up civvies and it helps with their recruitment.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 05:55:56 PM »

Becauase people get pissed and join terror groups when their families get blown up.

I could give a shit what they 'mask' it behind.  You have beef with islam... i could give a shit if they justify their actions with religion or politics or chocolate covered bunnies... bottom line is, we blow up civvies and it helps with their recruitment.

No, no, no, I'm not talking about us. I'm talking about the anti-US "we're the only bad guys out there" group who rail and rail against us while they sit there and clap their hands for the Taliban blowing up another market full of nothing more than a bunch of women and children.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 06:01:57 PM »
Anyone with half a brain knows the Taliban surround themselves with civilians that are used as "Human shields" as to cause negative U.S. propaganda from their Airstrikes.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 06:06:59 PM »
No, no, no, I'm not talking about us. I'm talking about the anti-US "we're the only bad guys out there" group who rail and rail against us while they sit there and clap their hands for the Taliban blowing up another market full of nothing more than a bunch of women and children.

all groups want the same thing.
control of as much oil, land, bases, etc as possible.

it's funny when someone says "we're here to save them, not for oil or bases", and it's funny when bad guys over there try to justify they shit they do with religion.

We're all just men being men... trying to get our hands on as much shit as possible, using as many means as we can get away with.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 06:46:58 PM »
Berzerk-Cmon guy. Its just the democratic process taking hold-- We should respect their culture and their methods of dealing with conflict and disagreement. You really should be more sensitive. I mean after all, not all Americans support Gay marriage. Who are we to judge the murder, rape and destruction of innocent people who disagree against people with guns?!?!  ::)

Imperialism is bad. Murder and torture and rape is good!--As long as the natives are doing the murder, torture and rape. But killing terrorists that embed themselves in civilian populations is bad! Unless those civilian populations overpower the terrorists we should not interfere! Its unnatural! Until these poor people decide to mount an uprising against the terrorists who control their lives, or these people are blown to bits while attending religious services at a mosque surrounded by women and children, AMERICA SHOULD STAY THE HELL OUT OF IT!!! GOT IT!!!?!!??!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 07:12:46 PM »
all groups want the same thing.
control of as much oil, land, bases, etc as possible.

it's funny when someone says "we're here to save them, not for oil or bases", and it's funny when bad guys over there try to justify they shit they do with religion.

We're all just men being men... trying to get our hands on as much shit as possible, using as many means as we can get away with.

The Taliban don't build school, hospitals and mosques. They don't innoculate villages and treat animals. We may be in Iraq for oil and strategic postion, but Afghanistan, no way. Its hard to mainatin our life line there, especially with Pakistan going to shit. It won't be as much of a problem with Stan killing everybody, once he takes over.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 08:23:34 PM »
The Taliban don't build school, hospitals and mosques. They don't innoculate villages and treat animals. We may be in Iraq for oil and strategic postion, but Afghanistan, no way. Its hard to mainatin our life line there, especially with Pakistan going to shit. It won't be as much of a problem with Stan killing everybody, once he takes over.

If Canada invaded the US tomorrow, ...are you saying that YOU and other Americans wouldn't be resisting?
Are you saying Obama, Clinton, or some other administration spokesperson wouldn't tell Harper, as well as any officials he appointed to get the fvck out or die? ...and it wouldn't matter how much universal healthcare Canadians brought. If Canada invaded the US, the legitimate government and it's armed forces would want the invaders gone. PERIOD!

You'd fight like hell to return to the good ol days when poor people had no health insurance, and those who've paid for health insurance get it cut off right before critical surgery, or others are refused surgery because the insurance company deems their malignant brain tumor to be a non-life threatening disorder, or they are required to still pay through the nose under threats of law suits for fraudulently obtaining health insurance, because when they were 6 yrs old, they had the chicken pox, and didn't disclose their "pre-existing condition". Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong.

It doesn't matter how much good you bring to a country. If you're an invading force, the people will want you gone.
w

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 06:47:36 AM »
The solution:

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 06:51:49 AM »

Rob, you are a qft track here! ;)
I hate the State.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 07:21:24 AM »
240 you really are a thundering fucking moron and missed the whole point of this thread. I know that you would prefer that the civilized world challenge the taliban to a game of trivial pursuit, winner leaves the territory, but unfortunately fighting wars involve violence.

You and people like you, the spineless apologists who infest this country and this message board blame coalition forces for going after terrorists that use civilian populations as human shields, and then predictably designate collateral damage as "propaganda for the terrorists", instead of placing the blame where it justifiably belongs- on the terrorists themselves.

Your theory is even more asinine when you consider the alternate side of that coin-- When a sick, demented Muslim blows up a mosque in a MUSLIM country with MUSLIM men, women and children inside praying and with not a single Jew, American or European in sight, do the people in those areas flock to join the local military in fighting terrorists? Where are those propaganda recruiting tools you speak of? I suppose the terrorists own all of the camcorders in Afghanistan and have outsourced Michael Mann to make their pitch videos.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 07:24:59 AM »
I think what 240 is saying is that, it doesn't matter what we think.  It's what the rest of the arabs think and how they fall prey to terrorist propaganda when it's shown that we killed civilians.  I'd be willing to bet they aren't told they put in the firing line.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 07:26:22 AM »
240 you really are a thundering fucking moron and missed the whole point of this thread. I know that you would prefer that the civilized world challenge the taliban to a game of trivial pursuit, winner leaves the territory, but unfortunately fighting wars involve violence.

You and people like you, the spineless apologists who infest this country and this message board blame coalition forces for going after terrorists that use civilian populations as human shields, and then predictably designate collateral damage as "propaganda for the terrorists", instead of placing the blame where it justifiably belongs- on the terrorists themselves.

Your theory is even more asinine when you consider the alternate side of that coin-- When a sick, demented Muslim blows up a mosque in a MUSLIM country with MUSLIM men, women and children inside praying and with not a single Jew, American or European in sight, do the people in those areas flock to join the local military in fighting terrorists? Where are those propaganda recruiting tools you speak of? I suppose the terrorists own all of the camcorders in Afghanistan and have outsourced Michael Mann to make their pitch videos.

Great director...
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 07:58:43 AM »
I think what 240 is saying is that, it doesn't matter what we think.  It's what the rest of the arabs think and how they fall prey to terrorist propaganda when it's shown that we killed civilians.  I'd be willing to bet they aren't told they put in the firing line.

right.  truth is what people think it is.

we give them tools for recruitment when torture is the policy, not the secret exception.

we're in this shitstorm so bad because bush and company bragged about torture and paraded those gitmo pricks around.  shoulda just sent those guys to egypt or make em walking the plank in bermuda. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 08:51:21 AM »

AGAIN, we're not talking about the Arab world. I'm talking about the left leaning retards who have no problem castrating the US as the bad guy while turning a blind eye to the actions of a group of nutjobs because they're under the impression that they're fighting a holy war, when in reality they're not different from us.

Berzerk-Cmon guy. Its just the democratic process taking hold-- We should respect their culture and their methods of dealing with conflict and disagreement. You really should be more sensitive. I mean after all, not all Americans support Gay marriage. Who are we to judge the murder, rape and destruction of innocent people who disagree against people with guns?!?!  ::)

Imperialism is bad. Murder and torture and rape is good!--As long as the natives are doing the murder, torture and rape. But killing terrorists that embed themselves in civilian populations is bad! Unless those civilian populations overpower the terrorists we should not interfere! Its unnatural! Until these poor people decide to mount an uprising against the terrorists who control their lives, or these people are blown to bits while attending religious services at a mosque surrounded by women and children, AMERICA SHOULD STAY THE HELL OUT OF IT!!! GOT IT!!!?!!??!

Jesus, at least someone got the point of this thread. The reading comprehension of some of these people is abysmal. Thank you Whorewell. Hit the nail on the head.

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 09:25:55 AM »
Anyone with half a brain knows the Taliban surround themselves with civilians that are used as "Human shields" as to cause negative U.S. propaganda from their Airstrikes.

It is called asymmetric war-fare.
The 'VC' (Viet-cong) had great success with 'asymmetric war-fare' in the jungles/tunnel systems.

David just has to know where Goliath's weaknesses are  ;D
Growth/noob loves me

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 09:45:54 AM »

Ya think ??
That is how 'propaganda' works  ::)

Everyone uses it - from Nike - to the military industrial complex - to stone age 'Untermenchen' with AK's - tis the world in which we live.
Growth/noob loves me

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 01:02:38 PM »
Ya think ??

Everyone uses it - from Nike - to the military industrial complex - to stone age 'Untermenchen' with AK's - tis the world in which we live.

Your severe ADD is acting up again.  Read the post above mine.  My post was in response to him because he didn't seem to understand what 240 was saying.

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 01:08:25 PM »
Your severe ADD is acting up again.  Read the post above mine.  My post was in response to him because he didn't seem to understand what 240 was saying.
I get it, I am just playing 'Devils advocate' with you, as we have this whole love/hate thing going on.

I love you - you hate me  ??? ??? ???

WHY ??
Growth/noob loves me

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 01:10:42 PM »

I understand full well what he was saying. You two, however, had no clue what I was talking about and apparently only Whorewell did.

Pillowtalk, for the love of Christ, start typing correctly. Your command of the English language is disgusting and it's a pain to read your posts. Tell me, why do you feel the need to hyphenate everything?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 01:15:03 PM »
Fuck the Muslims... Is it possible to just wipe them off the map?

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 02:24:12 PM »
Fuck the Muslims... Is it possible to just wipe them off the map?
Well since the U.S.'s current administration finds it so abominable and heartwrenching that water was poured on the heads of those poor misunderstood terrorists and of course believe that their comfort outweighs the lives of untold thousands of Americans, I'm afraid your quite logical solution will never see the light of day.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 03:58:46 PM »
Ya think ??

Asymmetric warfare is great but only one major army has ever been defeated in the field by this type of warefare. Generally u need a conventional force to back up it up. The VC were thoroughly defeated after TET, only the NVA keep fighting and had the ability to supply the remnants of the VC. The Iraq insurgency fell the same way. They didn't have a conventional force to back stop them and once the surge cut off supplies and the rat lines in the western desert, they fell apart.
L