Author Topic: Levrone, Wheeler or Ray?  (Read 4360 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Re: Levrone, Wheeler or Ray?
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 07:35:28 AM »
wheeler...wheeler... wheeler
choice is an illusion

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 07:44:57 AM »
I think if Wheeler was so superior...he would not have been tempted to use the oil in his shoulders and calves. If he was so superior to Kevin why didnt Flex just go up there as is? I feel that because Kevin's shoulders were so huge that Flex was desperate to catch up.

I thought Kevin had the overall edge with not only shoulder width, but also leg size, back thickness/width and tricep mass.

I dont want to make it sound like Flex was the only guy doing synthol. But he took it a bit too far.

Just my opinion

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 07:48:40 AM »
I think if Wheeler was so superior...he would not have been tempted to use the oil in his shoulders and calves. If he was so superior to Kevin why didnt Flex just go up there as is? I feel that because Kevin's shoulders were so huge that Flex was desperate to catch up.

I thought Kevin had the overall edge with not only shoulder width, but also leg size, back thickness/width and tricep mass.

I dont want to make it sound like Flex was the only guy doing synthol. But he took it a bit too far.

Just my opinion

Flex didn't have the structure (nor the training discipline) to play the size game. But those days were dominated by Yates and almost everyone, except Shawn (and that's why he was the most consistent of the lot), played the size game. Kevin could do it better than Flex but it damaged his physique also to a lesser extent.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 08:49:22 AM »
Yep but that Flex '93 showing was unbelievable. He was close to a pretty much undefeatable Yates that year. And I feel the same about Levrone. he had it all but he also didn't improve that much though he stayed consistent.

IMO, when he turned pro, looking like this, he was freaky! The leg conditioning!

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2009, 08:50:37 AM »
Post pec tear, playing the size game

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2009, 08:51:29 AM »
great

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2009, 08:54:50 AM »
Along with Labrada, one of the most intellegent competitors ever (knowing his body, and doing the best with it).

Along with Labrada, the definition of a pro bber.

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2009, 09:03:13 AM »
Along with Labrada, one of the most intellegent competitors ever (knowing his body, and doing the best with it).

Along with Labrada, the definition of a pro bber.

I totally agree.

doubler1964

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2009, 05:38:51 AM »
levroneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee