Author Topic: Pros and Cons of Natural Bodybuilding  (Read 18431 times)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Pros and Cons of Natural Bodybuilding
« on: May 13, 2009, 09:19:51 PM »
Pros and Cons of True Natural Bodybuilding

It is not always easy to be a true natural bodybuilder, and certainly not glamorous. In fact it is often quite frustrating as you have to deal with the following challenges:

It will take very hard work and lots of patience to reach your goals.
You will never get the same results as bodybuilders who use drugs.
You will never be able to compete in contests at a serious level.
You will never get lots of compliments in the gym because there will always be a doped bodybuilder who is bigger and more muscular.
As soon as you start getting serious results, people automatically think that you are on drugs. If you say that you are not, they may think that you are a liar.
You will always have to deal with the temptation of the quick results that you could get by using drugs.
You will never know how successful you would have been as a doped bodybuilder.
Fortunately there are also some attractive advantages of being a true natural bodybuilder as compared to being a doped bodybuilder:

You don't have to buy and use illegal drugs.
You are not taking any health risks. In fact, you are significantly improving your health.
You are saving lots of money.
You won't have to lie about using drugs.
Most women prefer men with natural bodies.
You can really be proud of your results because they exist only thanks to your own efforts, and not as a result of some pills or injections.
http://www.true-natural-bodybuilding.com/true-natural-bodybuilding.html

haha.  Judging by this page, ephedrine ruins TRUE natural status..haha  or ma huang.  I guess if you've had a ripped force, you're not clean..haha

N

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: Pros and Cons of Natural Bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 11:46:42 PM »
Cons: it will take you 15 years of meticulous training/lifestyle to achieve what a novice lifter can achieve in 1 or 2 cycles... aprox 2-4 months...

Cons: losing muscle by missing a day of your precious and precise schedule or missing an important meal

Cons: Muscle being flat and small while it is breaking down and repairing itself, compared to always jacked.

Cons: Girls like guys with bodies like Men's Heath cover or Muscle & Fitness, all of which are jacked , just not using the heavier androgens but lighter cutting drugs like primo, winstrol, oxandralone

Pro: You can scream at the top of your lungs that you're 100% natural and no one will care or they will accuse you of lying and being a closet juicer :)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 12:04:20 AM »

haha.  Judging by this page, ephedrine ruins TRUE natural status..haha  or ma huang.  I guess if you've had a ripped force, you're not clean..haha

i agree with that. anything that works any tiny bit better than any real whole food /water should make someone "unnatural"... a true natural bodybuilder should only eat regular food with no supplements, no performance enhancers, no stimulants, no nothing. weights and food only, that would be true natural bodybuilding.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 12:23:27 AM »
at the end ur better off natural.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 12:28:49 AM »
Cons: it will take you 15 years of meticulous training/lifestyle to achieve what a novice lifter can achieve in 1 or 2 cycles... aprox 2-4 months...

Cons: losing muscle by missing a day of your precious and precise schedule or missing an important meal

Cons: Muscle being flat and small while it is breaking down and repairing itself, compared to always jacked.

Cons: Girls like guys with bodies like Men's Heath cover or Muscle & Fitness, all of which are jacked , just not using the heavier androgens but lighter cutting drugs like primo, winstrol, oxandralone

Pro: You can scream at the top of your lungs that you're 100% natural and no one will care or they will accuse you of lying and being a closet juicer :)

I was gonna post something, but this pretty much sums it up. 

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 12:33:01 AM »
Considering most people outside the industry find you huge as a natural why bother to be bigger anyway. always being looked at with disgust and disrespect.

Flex 215

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 01:16:08 AM »
     Another pro to being natural is keeping your gains year round. Not having to worry about losing size or strenth while in between cycles.

But in converse to this is losing your gains quicker if your lifting schedule or diet are disrupted for long periods. If one is juicing, I would think he is more likely to hold on to what he has when not eating right or missing a decent amount of workouts. And coming back from a layoff, someone juicing can blow back up a lot quicker than a natural lifter to get back to where he was.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 01:23:21 AM »
the fun part of being natural is to get a better physique then someone who is juiced, thats not always that hard considering most juicers look like shit.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 01:32:24 AM »
the fun part of being natural is to get a better physique then someone who is juiced, thats not always that hard considering most juicers look like shit.

Hahahaha...yeah ok mars...  this hasppens all the time (in fantasy land)

the bottom line is the person on juice doesn't have to work as hard and have all his shit in order (diet, sleep, supplements) I eat fast food all the time and I still grow and lose BF  , good luck doing that naturally.

dustin

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 01:32:44 AM »

There are definitely a ton of juicers that look like shit, but walk into any gym across the world and the sweeping majority of natties will look like pure shit too.

If you use low dosed drugs, get checked out and use your brain then it's not as bad as it sounds out of context "OMG DRUGS!!1" ::)

Everyone is on drugs that have horrible, shitty side affects. If I'm going to take any drugs, it's sure as hell going to be drugs that make me look and feel better. There's no doubt that they're a detriment to your health, but I'd rather juice than DRINK every weekend like a stupid twink. AAS users are the most intelligent group of recreational drug users/abusers. It's not like juicers start jonesing for a ml of test and go stark raving mad.

Most "naturals" have used some shit like m1t of ephedrine that completely compromised their natural status anyway. They need to get off their high horses. I respect guys like Kyomu who are completely honest about their drug use. He used winny for a few weeks a decade ago, hated it, was ashamed, and has trained his balls off naturally/clean ever since. That's completely respectable, 100%. If someone like Kyomu lifts naturally because he wants to push himself and explore his limits, that's great. I want to do the same thing, but I'm willing to use drugs to get there. I'm honest about it, use intelligently, discuss it with my doctor and loved ones... I don't see what's so horrible about that.

People drink, take prescription drugs, recreational drugs, aspirin and OTC drugs, everyone's on fucking drugs. Everything is synthetic. Try reading a bottle of shampoo or a food label in the fridge. No one's really natural.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 01:34:42 AM »
Hahahaha...yeah ok mars...  this hasppens all the time (in fantasy land)

the bottom line is the person on juice doesn't have to work as hard and have all his shit in order (diet, sleep, supplements) I eat fast food all the time and I still grow and lose BF  , good luck doing that naturally.

yes but they can have size but a lot of them are bloated as hell and aint doing a thing to get rid of it.

dustin

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 01:36:40 AM »
yes but they can have size but a lot of them are bloated as hell and aint doing a thing to get rid of it.

Those are juiced up losers though. There are also natural losers who look just the same.

There are great looking juicers and natural lifters. But not everyone is interested in investing half their adult life to attain a respectable, aesthetic physique when it can be attained a lot quicker. Juicing definitely isn't for everyone, but it also shouldn't be demonized.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 01:38:39 AM »
a true natural bodybuilder should only eat regular food with no supplements, no performance enhancers, no stimulants, no nothing. weights and food only, that would be true natural bodybuilding.

I'm not a bodybuilder but I do just that. And the gainz keep coming.  ;D

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 03:04:53 AM »

Pros:

*Don't have invest your money funding some drug dealers lifestyle…rather spend that money on something worthwhile.
*No weekly painful injections, risking hitting a veins, possible Nerve damage and scar tissue buildup in your arse.
*No worries about getting ripped off with fake juice… getting an abscess and having to get a huge chunk cut out of your butt cheek.
*No justifying to yourself, lying to others and having to hide your gear when your friends & folks come around.
*No risk of shrinking balls
* No loss of libido (after a cycle)
*No risk of accelerated hair loss, “backne” , and hair on your back.

Cons:
None

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 03:09:22 AM »
Pros and Cons of True Natural Bodybuilding

It is not always easy to be a true natural bodybuilder, and certainly not glamorous. In fact it is often quite frustrating as you have to deal with the following challenges:

It will take very hard work and lots of patience to reach your goals.
You will never get the same results as bodybuilders who use drugs.
You will never be able to compete in contests at a serious level.
You will never get lots of compliments in the gym because there will always be a doped bodybuilder who is bigger and more muscular.
As soon as you start getting serious results, people automatically think that you are on drugs. If you say that you are not, they may think that you are a liar.
You will always have to deal with the temptation of the quick results that you could get by using drugs.
You will never know how successful you would have been as a doped bodybuilder.
Fortunately there are also some attractive advantages of being a true natural bodybuilder as compared to being a doped bodybuilder:

You don't have to buy and use illegal drugs.
You are not taking any health risks. In fact, you are significantly improving your health.
You are saving lots of money.
You won't have to lie about using drugs.
Most women prefer men with natural bodies.
You can really be proud of your results because they exist only thanks to your own efforts, and not as a result of some pills or injections.
http://www.true-natural-bodybuilding.com/true-natural-bodybuilding.html

duh bitch

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 03:10:01 AM »
i agree with that. anything that works any tiny bit better than any real whole food /water should make someone "unnatural"... a true natural bodybuilder should only eat regular food with no supplements, no performance enhancers, no stimulants, no nothing. weights and food only, that would be true natural bodybuilding.

One would have to distinguish between "supplements" and "meal replacements".

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 03:11:55 AM »
natural bb'ing = destined to forever be a tinytit. Fuck that.
No doubt about it...

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 03:20:56 AM »
natural bb'ing = destined to forever be a tinytit. Fuck that.

in this community yes.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 03:21:11 AM »
I would put it this way:
Natural = normal food + all supplements which make it easier to ingest certain components contained in normal food (e.g. protein powder and aminos, multi-vitamins and -minerals, EFA supplements, fiber supplements, creatine, caffeine, etc.)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 03:22:48 AM »
in this community yes.

I have respect for the guys who can say no to the drugs, but for some, the allure of hugeness is far too great to ignore.
No doubt about it...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 03:48:43 AM »
Who cares if you juice or not and who cares if you are natural or not, fact is, at the end of the day only results count.
I hate the State.

io856

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 04:00:22 AM »
Who cares if you juice or not and who cares if you are natural or not, fact is, at the end of the day only results count.
that tends to be the feeling in most gyms

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 04:07:29 AM »
that tends to be the feeling in most gyms

This is true in all life, not just the gym. A few months ago I put almost a month's work into a paper and got the same grade as I did on another one I had only put a few days into. Fact is, only results count, people don't care how much work you put in, only what the finished product is like, which is why you get people like Croatch who scream all the time about being natural when no one gives a shit.
I hate the State.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 04:12:35 AM »
juiced is not finished product - when off juicy its gone like snow

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 04:13:09 AM »
Better long term health being natural but seeing results takes a lot longer.