Author Topic: 2012 Movie Trailer  (Read 2661 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
2012 Movie Trailer
« on: May 14, 2009, 04:16:04 AM »
An interesting question posed in this movie trailer.  What would governments do to prepare the population?  This is basically saying they wouldn't because there isn't jack shit that could be done in an total end of the world scenario.  But I've always thought they wouldn't tell us on most large scale disaster type stuff if they knew it was coming.  Like if a meteor was headed at us, they knew it would land somewhere in or close to the US, big enough to fuck up a region but not end of the world, I don't think they would tell us if they could keep it secret.  I think there would be an attempt to keep it from the public.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: 2012 Movie Trailer
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 04:24:31 AM »
An interesting question posed in this movie trailer.  What would governments do to prepare the population?  This is basically saying they wouldn't because there isn't jack shit that could be done in an total end of the world scenario.  But I've always thought they wouldn't tell us on most large scale disaster type stuff if they knew it was coming.  Like if a meteor was headed at us, they knew it would land somewhere in or close to the US, big enough to fuck up a region but not end of the world, I don't think they would tell us if they could keep it secret.  I think there would be an attempt to keep it from the public.

This has been around for ages; you had gotten my hopes up; I thought it was a full trailer...
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 04:31:59 AM »
This has been around for ages; you had gotten my hopes up; I thought it was a full trailer...
I posted it for my question.  It's not coming out until November, they will have more trailers sometime this summer.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 07:04:59 AM »
Hugo, what position would you take (as the government) if you knew a  tidalwave the size of a mountain range was coming?

Honestly I don't know what I'd chose to do; either having the same results - but I suppose I'd want to know so probably sway on reporting it.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 07:11:10 AM »
Hugo, what position would you take (as the government) if you knew a  tidalwave the size of a mountain range was coming?

Honestly I don't know what I'd chose to do; either having the same results - but I suppose I'd want to know so probably sway on reporting it.

Wouldn't matter, we all would be dead.
I hate the State.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 07:13:14 AM »
Wouldn't matter, we all would be dead.

Yeah I said that, results are the same... still what would you do?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 07:14:08 AM »
yea but rather than spend the last month/week/day going to work.if you knew it was coming.You could be out gettin layed doin drugs gettin drunk....oh yea and spending quality time with loved ones.
DAWG

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 07:21:29 AM »

They'd probably do something similar as it was told in the movie Deep Impact.  They'd try to keep secret as long as possible but at some point it would leak out.  They would have some under ground shelter complex built to house all the "valuable crap" and selected people.  The best thing is, Morgan Freeman would be president.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 07:27:16 AM »
Yeah I said that, results are the same... still what would you do?

Nothing. Nothing to do. It'd be good though, less stress being dead.
I hate the State.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 07:28:22 AM »
Nothing. Nothing to do. It'd be good though, less stress being dead.

Ha ha, harsh :(
الاسلام هو شيطانية

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 09:26:04 AM »
Seek Closure is all you can do

C

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 09:32:33 AM »
So which Getbiggers would be among the 'selected people'?

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 09:48:48 AM »

My money is 'sub 85 IQ untermenchen' are off the list of necessary genetic material.

Look like you are fucked Hereford !! sorry - call it as I see it.
Growth/noob loves me

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 04:23:35 PM »
My money is 'sub 85 IQ untermenchen' are off the list of necessary genetic material.

Look like you are fucked Hereford !! sorry - call it as I see it.

Well shit, that sucks...

What will you do when the world ends PB?

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 04:36:29 PM »
Governments wouldn't do anything.

I like apocalyptic, last man on the earth type movies. The thing I find interesting is the fear mongering in hollywood movies (media & tv too). They've been pumping these out for awhile now. Conditioning people.

I'd love to get a tour of the underground infrastructure around the world. it would be amazing

check this one out.
The Road (2009)

Apocalyptic thriller trailer 2009
Directed by John Hillcoat
Actors : Viggo Mortensen, Charlize Theron, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Robert Duvall, Guy Pearce, Garret Dillahunt, Molly Parker .
Adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's (Pulitzer Prize Fiction winning novel 2007)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 04:59:43 PM »

I like apocalyptic, last man on the earth type movies. The thing I find interesting is the fear mongering in hollywood movies (media & tv too). They've been pumping these out for awhile now. Conditioning people.

I'd love to get a tour of the underground infrastructure around the world. it would be amazing

check this one out.
The Road (2009)

INTENSE..
C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 06:04:27 PM »

there's not much you could do but it would be nice to be able to say goodbye so it would be nice to get a warning if possible.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 06:28:36 PM »

Pretty much just the mods.  Sorry.   ;) ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 11:35:35 PM »

check this one out.
The Road (2009)

Looks like another MUST SEE movie!

There's also The Legend of Atlantis for those open minded enough.

part 1:

part 2:

part 3:

part 4:

part 5:

part 6:

part 7:

part 8:

part 9:

part 10:

part 11:

part 12:

part 13:

part 14:

part 15:

part 16:

part 17:

part 18:

part 19:

part 20:

part 21:

part 22:

part 23:

part 24:

part 25:

w

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 12:45:13 AM »
Well shit, that sucks...

What will you do when the world ends PB?

I have signed my gagging order with the high commission in Delhi - sorry, if I break it I lose my 'POI' card (resident status).

Hinduism is one of the only organized religions (of this size of following) that has - NEVER - TRIED TO INVADE AN-OTHERS LANDS, BASED UPON IMPOSING IT'S OWN THEOLOGICAL BELIEFS ON THE INDIGENOUS POPULATION.
There is a famous ancient saying, that revolves around a prophecy.

Tell me what I reefer to - & we will talk.
Growth/noob loves me