Author Topic: Teacher Discipline  (Read 866 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Teacher Discipline
« on: May 15, 2009, 01:38:48 PM »
Posted this on the general.  How quickly would the teacher and school get sued if this happened in the U.S.?  But I love it!  Still laughing . . .

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=40451

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Teacher Discipline
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 01:59:28 PM »
Posted this on the general.  How quickly would the teacher and school get sued if this happened in the U.S.?  But I love it!  Still laughing . . .

If a teacher hit my kid like that he wouldnt have to be worried about getting sued,hed have to worry about me smasshing him with a baseball bat in the parking lot.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 02:04:15 PM »
If a teacher hit my kid like that he wouldnt have to be worried about getting sued,hed have to worry about me smasshing him with a baseball bat in the parking lot.

Yeah, but it's still funny.   :)  I bet that kid behaved himself. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 02:13:25 PM »

God Forgive me, ...but that has me laughing as well.
Reminds me of a Jamaican private school. They don't mess around.
w

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 02:16:30 PM »

It wasn't until the 80's that corporal punishment was banished from schools, they need to bring it back, because parents are too scared to either discipline their kids, or want to be their kids friends...Damn Baby Boomer Parenting.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 02:20:39 PM »
It wasn't until the 80's that corporal punishment was banished from schools, they need to bring it back, because parents are too scared to either discipline their kids, or want to be their kids friends...Damn Baby Boomer Parenting.

In today's society, parents may stand a chance with corporal punishment, ...teachers cannot.
I guarantee you any teacher attempting to "disciplined" me physically would've found themselves face down in the dirt real fast.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 02:21:11 PM »
I remember those days.  Looong gone.  

Still laughing . . . .  ;D

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 02:24:51 PM »

Same
S

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 02:42:46 PM »
In today's society, parents may stand a chance with corporal punishment, ...teachers cannot.
I guarantee you any teacher attempting to "disciplined" me physically would've found themselves face down in the dirt real fast.
Seriously. Parker thinks it's a good idea to bring corporal punishment back, but these teachers would have more to worry about than the students.

Also, that video is fake.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 02:45:45 PM »
In all the years of my "formal education" I only met one "normal" teacher.  I can't imagine giving all those lame brained educators the discretion on whether or not a child needs to be physically disciplined.
S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 02:51:04 PM »
Seriously. Parker thinks it's a good idea to bring corporal punishment back, but these teachers would have more to worry about than the students.

Really?  How do you know?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 02:55:27 PM »
Really?  How do you know?

Aside from just looking at it,  it originated on a site called break.com which posts a lot of fake "viral" videos.

Remember that wedding video where the entire wedding party (dressed in tux jackets and khaki pants!) fell into the pool?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 03:00:39 PM »
Aside from just looking at it,  it originated on a site called break.com which posts a lot of fake "viral" videos.

Remember that wedding video where the entire wedding party (dressed in tux jackets and khaki pants!) fell into the pool?

Don't remember that one. 

I thought you had a link or something showing it was fake.  I'm going to plug my ears unless you have a smoking gun.  It's just too funny.   :)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 03:05:09 PM »
Don't remember that one. 

I thought you had a link or something showing it was fake.  I'm going to plug my ears unless you have a smoking gun.  It's just too funny.   :)

I'm not trying to spoil your day, laugh your heart out.

But if you watch it more than twice, the whole scenario falls apart.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 03:19:09 PM »
I'm not trying to spoil your day, laugh your heart out.

But if you watch it more than twice, the whole scenario falls apart.

I have been laughing quite a bit.   :)  And I've watched it about five times. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 03:35:36 PM »

Nope, the damage has been done. Now you have a generation that hasn't really had any discipline. And lets face it, when things aren't taught at home, it is left up to the teachers (example:sex education). And now teachers don't care, why should they? The administration doesn't care about them, the parents are always right...Lil' Jonny is a genius and should be move to Gifted and Talented, even though he is below average...GT is where all his friends are.

You have Bimbo  teachers, who never grew up out of high school because their parents wanted to be friends with the, now these teachers are screwing the kids...

Baby Boomer Parenting... ::)

I had corporal punishment in my elementary school I never got the paddle...But I also had two parents that pulled out that belt, plus a sitter that would light me up...so why would I need the Principal paddling me?

Plus kids are bigger now, you have 13 yr old dudes who are 6'2 and bigg as hell, who is gonna give them a paddlin'?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 03:43:47 PM »
Nope, the damage has been done. Now you have a generation that hasn't really had any discipline. And lets face it, when things aren't taught at home, it is left up to the teachers (example:sex education). And now teachers don't care, why should they? The administration doesn't care about them, the parents are always right...Lil' Jonny is a genius and should be move to Gifted and Talented, even though he is below average...GT is where all his friends are.

You have Bimbo  teachers, who never grew up out of high school because their parents wanted to be friends with the, now these teachers are screwing the kids...

Baby Boomer Parenting... ::)

I had corporal punishment in my elementary school I never got the paddle...But I also had two parents that pulled out that belt, plus a sitter that would light me up...so why would I need the Principal paddling me?

Plus kids are bigger now, you have 13 yr old dudes who are 6'2 and bigg as hell, who is gonna give them a paddlin'?

What do you think I was talking about? If these teachers tried paddling any of these kids, they'd end up in worst shape than the kids.

Let's be real- "baby boomer' parenting isn't the problem. This is more of an inner-city schools thing.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 04:06:20 PM »
Corporal punishment shouldn't be needed when a kid becomes a teenager.  If it's going to be used at school at all, it should be at the elementary school level. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 04:29:12 PM »
Diciplining someone elses kid these days is like diciplining someone elses dog.  No matter how much they need it, the person is going to flip out.  There is no pride or decency anymore with people taking care of their business.

People think it's cute their kids mouth off to teachers and authority figures.

Shitbag parents=shitbag kids.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 06:35:32 PM »
That's pretty much true.  It's disturbing how many kids don't respect their parents, teachers, etc. these days.   :-\