Author Topic: Whats your excuse?  (Read 14936 times)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
Whats your excuse?
« on: May 15, 2009, 02:01:33 PM »
first let me apoligize for any spelling errors and the like , im in a bit of a rush but would like some input

for not being naturaly shredded. do you find that you adhere to the typical diet only to mess up every single time eventually after how many years unsuccessfully only to meet the same result give or take this or that. have you given up or do you keep trying new methods to maintain the volume in your training and or methods of eatin different instead of the 'same' approach that you cannot master yet, or do you keep trying to master traditional approaches, and keep the faith that you will master a traditional approach even though its brutaly hard to do so? with all that adversity do you think drugs are the answer or better yet keep trying to be like J-rod the guy that only eats egg whites low carbs low fats no matter what, or do you feel a little falcon lurking inside of you and feel that could be a better approach (beer, grapejuice, skim milk, veggies)

and lastly what do you pay attention to more , or what is more of a goal for you...total volume completed per week (this will determine how much mass u might carry depending upon how important volume is) or to stay in a certain calorie range or both. have u kept track and can say that you are doing more volume now than last year, or how much worse are you, or do you even have a clue and just train for fun staying in decent shape with no intentions of progression of volume?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Whats your excuse?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 02:04:29 PM »
my excuse for not being shredded is that i love to eat food too much and also i drink often.

cant win them all.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 02:05:50 PM »
My conditioning is actually a little too extreme for my tastes,  I'm happy just to hold some water these days.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 02:14:31 PM »
my excuse for not being shredded is that i love to eat food too much and also i drink often.

cant win them all.

we cant win them all but we can WIN on some days...

meaning somedays we screw up to a degree

otherdays we do it right

most of us however fail more times than not because hardly anyof us are ripped

we must look further into the malfunctions of all the days we do not do it right (more often than not and more often than we have beleived) because after all most of us are far from 'maintaining' a ripped state

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 02:15:33 PM »
It's much healthier to carry quite a bit of fat on your body.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 02:18:54 PM »
j-rod has to be near some sort of psychosis/enlightend state for him to be so strict

if any of us tried to eat super strict there would be about 5 things that would 'get' to us and cause us to screw up or accept failure. im sure j-rod has ways of battling against strong cravings that we are not applying?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 02:19:46 PM »
Jeff, how much do you know about the hormones that drive our appetite, cravings and feelings of satiety?  Getting shredded requires that you go against your bodies natural tendencies.  It can be done for a period of time, but eventually, your body's biology wins out and forces you to eat what it craves...regardless of will power.  It's like going underwater.  You can only hold your breath for so long before you have to come up for air.
w

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 02:20:02 PM »
I began to look unhealthy, I don't like being asked if I'm sick. I'm speaking in the none bbing sense. In no way do I look "big"
$

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 02:21:07 PM »
j-rod has to be near some sort of psychosis/enlightend state for him to be so strict

if any of us tried to eat super strict there would be about 5 things that would 'get' to us and cause us to screw up or accept failure. im sure j-rod has ways of battling against strong cravings that we are not applying?

There are drugs, herbs, etc. that can manipulate these "cravings".  I think the future of "dieting" is in this arena....
w

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 02:23:45 PM »
:)

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 02:24:02 PM »

J-rod can't have much of a social life outside of bodybuilding.

Sneaking out of a movie to go to mix up a meal replacement.

No thanks

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 02:25:13 PM »
i can be ripped pretty easily.  all it takes is 4 cardio sessions a week and eat super clean.

the problem is, I'll drop 30 pounds overnight and be a 155 pound twink.

i'd rather be 12% body fat at 190 than ripped at 150.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 02:25:20 PM »
It's much healthier to carry quite a bit of fat on your body.
this is not fat acceptance, i feel an 'i gave up' speech coming on :-X

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 02:26:16 PM »
cuts mean nothing without size, size means nothing without cuts.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 02:27:20 PM »
cuts mean nothing without size, size means nothing without cuts.

I'm using that line next time I order a steak.
$

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 02:27:58 PM »
There are drugs, herbs, etc. that can manipulate these "cravings".  I think the future of "dieting" is in this arena....

seems about the only way, aslong as u have the right calories to keep activity up=maintaining muscle through moderate levels of activity. i dont think the muscles will 'work' on super low calories, or that may be wrong, or you will just stay sore longer but be more ripped  ;D

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 02:28:21 PM »
i like lifting

and i like eating

you only live once

why deprive yourself of the pleasures of life just to be ripped  ???
T

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 02:29:11 PM »
i like lifting

and i like eating

you only live once

If you're pleasure is to be ripped and not eat then your point is moot. It's all in what you want to do, free choice all that shit
$

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 02:29:48 PM »
we cant win them all but we can WIN on some days...

meaning somedays we screw up to a degree

otherdays we do it right

most of us however fail more times than not because hardly anyof us are ripped

we must look further into the malfunctions of all the days we do not do it right (more often than not and more often than we have beleived) because after all most of us are far from 'maintaining' a ripped state
I maintain a ripped state while eating whatever I want.

Last night, Jezebelle and I made Bacon, Cheddar Cheese and Scallion Scones and Chocolate Chip Muffins, both from King Arthur`s James Beard award winning cookbook.

It REALLY is easy.

King Arthur even makes it easier providing all Nutrition facts for its recipes per gram/ per serving.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 02:30:24 PM »
i like lifting

and i like eating

you only live once

to get more pussy aka having a ripped chizzeld abdominals to show off to fine hoes that love that sort of thing? perhaps wearing a tight t-shirt with no ab distention but whores being able to see your 6 pack through the t-shirt=cool

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 02:30:52 PM »
i like lifting

and i like eating

you only live once

I agree 100%.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 02:30:57 PM »
I maintain a ripped state while eating whatever I want.

Last night, Jezebelle and I made Bacon, Cheddar Cheese and Scallion Scones and Chocolate Chip Muffins, both from King Arthur`s James Beard award winning cookbook.

It REALLY is easy.

King Arthur even makes it easier providing all Nutrition facts for its recipes per gram/ per serving.

What time did McJeff PM/Email/IM you to jump in on this thread to validate his point? Curious minds want to know.
$

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2009, 02:31:02 PM »
Jeff, how much do you know about the hormones that drive our appetite, cravings and feelings of satiety?  Getting shredded requires that you go against your bodies natural tendencies.  It can be done for a period of time, but eventually, your body's biology wins out and forces you to eat what it craves...regardless of will power.  It's like going underwater.  You can only hold your breath for so long before you have to come up for air.
If you eat what you crave while dieting you do not have to worry about ANY of that.

It is a total non-issue.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2009, 02:32:22 PM »
to get more pussy aka having a ripped chizzeld abdominals to show off to fine hoes that love that sort of thing? perhaps wearing a tight t-shirt with no ab distention but whores being able to see your 6 pack through the t-shirt=cool

i am married

not interested in skanks
T

body88

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2009, 02:33:42 PM »
i can be ripped pretty easily.  all it takes is 4 cardio sessions a week and eat super clean.

the problem is, I'll drop 30 pounds overnight and be a 155 pound twink.

i'd rather be 12% body fat at 190 than ripped at 150.

I love ya, but there is no way your 12% at 190 judging by your last pictures.