Author Topic: NY Pro - Thoughts including about Dennis Sergovsky and Vinny G  (Read 11671 times)

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
Re: Wow! Dennis Sergovski will win Best Package award!
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2009, 12:41:00 PM »

lax

• Getbig IV
Re: Two things about the NY Pro
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2009, 12:43:14 PM »

He'd have trouble winning the Mr. Michigan 

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: Wow! Dennis Sergovski will win Best Legs award!
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2009, 12:47:12 PM »
he should be disqualified for wearing those posing trunks  :-X

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 01:50:41 PM »
Dont get me wrong, the guy has big arms, and has a pretty good upper body.Plus he has a small waiste.I dont think he deserved to get his pro card.I think 5 years from now with some muscle maturity, he could be a decent pro.Right now, he couldnt win a national level show, so why are they letting him compete as a pro.
He couldnt even win the overall at the Mr LA, he won his class.So how can they justify giving a guy who cant even win the overall at the MR LA a pro card???? They should give ther guy who won the overall at the MR LA a pro card aswell for beating Dennis.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 01:52:33 PM »

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 01:57:47 PM »
Dennis Sergovski:
SR: Out of his league here:
DY: Cant be good when the crowd is quiet

SR= Shawn Ray
DY= Dorian Yates

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 01:58:42 PM »
Does this look like a pro builders physique? or does it look like a local competitor, who needs to put on some more size and fill out to some day become a pro

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2009, 01:58:54 PM »
well they gave peter putnam a pro card too and he couldn't win some state shows
they may need to revamp their qualification process to keep unworthy guys out

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2009, 02:04:58 PM »
Peter Putnam, did win his class at nationals, so he did earn his pro card.I dont agree with the judges decision to let him win his class at nationals.But alteast he competed at nationals and won his class.
This guy, has never even stepped on a national level stage in the USA.
I dont like Peter Putnams physique, but he did pay his dues, and he did win his class, so he is an IFBB PRO

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2009, 02:10:12 PM »
Right now, he couldnt win a national level show, so why are they letting him compete as a pro.

there are many pros who miss their mark or screw up their conditioning on the day of the show.  should every pro need to qualify that day before they're allowed to step onto the stage?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2009, 02:11:31 PM »
This guy, has never even stepped on a national level stage in the USA.

not being a US citizen, (and probably not even a permanent resident) he wouldn't be allowed to.

Should the IFBB Pro League be limited to Mericans?

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2009, 02:14:20 PM »
The guy has a ton of potential.I wish I had his bone structure.If he put on 20lbs, and brought up his legs, back, and added more overall mass, he could be a great bodybuilder.
I just dont agree with giving him a pro card.He is not pro matertial yet.
In this picture he looks likke a fitness model, like Christian Boering, or what ever his last name is, that was in bigger stronger faster.
Deniis is sponsored by Xenedrine, and looks great in photos.He has good abs,small waiste, and round muscle bellies.He just needs 20-30lbs, and 3-4 years for his muscle to mature

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2009, 02:26:56 PM »
not being a US citizen, (and probably not even a permanent resident) he wouldn't be allowed to.

Should the IFBB Pro League be limited to Mericans?
[/b]
Yes.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2009, 02:27:36 PM »
I just dont agree with giving him a pro card.He is not pro matertial yet.

the IFBB Pro League offers 15 guaranteed pro cards to men in the NPC every year.   Russia gets a single maybe.  Dennis won the Russian Nationals.

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2009, 02:31:53 PM »
Smaller than most female bodybuilders.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2009, 02:49:23 PM »
Tim, so your saying he won the Russian nationals, supposably??????
So if he won the Russdian Nationals then why did he compete in local shows in the USA???
Why didnt they give him a pro card, after he won Russian Nationals????
If he won the Russian Nationals, I think alot of national level american bodybuilders should move to Russia to get there pro card.
A guy cant even win the overall at the Mr LA, but wins the Russian Nationals, and gets his pro card????.
I have talked to and seen Dennis in person, he is a nice guy kind of quiet.He isnt huge,but has pretty good size arms.He always wears shirts that exposes his arms.
He is probably 6'1" about 230lbs.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2009, 02:52:31 PM »
there are many pros who miss their mark or screw up their conditioning on the day of the show.  should every pro need to qualify that day before they're allowed to step onto the stage?

damn looks awesome there.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2009, 03:10:33 PM »
Tim, so your saying he won the Russian nationals, supposably??????
So if he won the Russdian Nationals then why did he compete in local shows in the USA???
Why didn't they give him a pro card, after he won Russian Nationals????

as I wrote above, because Manion et al wanted to see him on stage before they allow him entry into their private club.

Steve Namat had to enter the 2006 NPC Border States before being given a pro card.

as far as Americans going to other countries to get their pro card, Moe Elmoussawi came in 9th in the NPC Nationals, then went to New Zealand to win his pro card.  Elbert Daron Lytle won the NPC Jr USA in 2004, but got his pro card by winning the Dutch Nationals.    helps to have dual citizenship, or at least multiple permanent residences.

then there are many second or third tier pros:  Cesar Mendible came in 4th in the NPC Southern States but got his pro card from his home country.  Mauricio Solis Torres came in 7th in the 2007 NPC USA, but is now a pro.  Dragan Paunovic came in 2nd in the 2002 NPC LA Tournament of Champions.  Pablo Arevalo had to win the 2002 and 2005 NPC Southern States, even though he had won the 2000 Latin American Championships.

many other examples can be found by searching musclememory.com

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2009, 03:20:51 PM »
He's got potential

I'd much rather he was a pro than all the lightweights and middleweights turning pro out of the NPC every year who are too small to do anything.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2009, 03:35:25 PM »

And Thats "good" progress.... one year ago it was a joke (his back).

ShreddedKing

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2009, 04:27:14 PM »
There is a guy competiong in the NY Pro his name is Denis Sergovskiy.He only did 2 local shows, the Mr Las Vegas, which he won, and he did the Mr LA, which he won his weight class.He never ever stepped on a national level stage in the USA, but they gave him a pro card.WTF??????????? .If you look at his pics from the NY Pro he looks totally out of place.Why did this guy get a pro card?????? Someone told me he won a show back in Germany, but still, he competed as an amateur in the USA, so he should have to pay his dues like the rest of us.I know I been there.First you got to win a show or place top 2 in a national qualifier, then you have to got to a national show.In the US, they only give out 2 pro cards, nationals, you just have to win your weight class.This guy  Denis Sergovskiy doesnt belong on a pro stage, he should have to earn hisd pro card, just like everyone else.I was told he is or was a male stripper here in Vegas.He has a body, made for modeliong, but not as a pro bodybuilder
My second thing is what happenned to Vinny Galanti???? This guy fought tooth and nail to become a pro.He must have competed atleast 10 years at nationals to get his pro card.Now he turned pro, and he loooks really really off.If you see the pics from the NY Pro, and the last pro show he did, he looks really really bad.I feel sorry for the guy, he busts his ass all these years to become a pro, it wasnt just given to him like  Denis Sergovskiy.Then when he finally turns pro,and his body looks tired.
His skin is loose, and he looks stringy.Vinny Galanti is a great guy, who was one of the best national level bodybuilder ever.
I just think age, and his receptors caught up with him.Atleast he is living his dream, he is competing on an IFBB rpo stage
He won a national level show in his home country, thats how he got his pro card

How about doing some research before u post, so u dont look like a total jackass.

Steve Namat

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • IFBB PRO www.stevenamat.com
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2009, 04:27:42 PM »
he should be disqualified for wearing those posing trunks  :-X
Haha. Why? Too small package?  :D

Meso_z

• Getbig V

Steve Namat

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • IFBB PRO www.stevenamat.com
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2009, 04:34:55 PM »
as I wrote above, because Manion et al wanted to see him on stage before they allow him entry into their private club.

Steve Namat had to enter the 2006 NPC San Diego Border States before being given a pro card.

as far as Americans going to other countries to get their pro card, Moe Elmoussawi came in 9th in the NPC Nationals, then went to New Zealand to win his pro card.  Elbert Daron Lytle won the NPC Jr USA in 2004, but got his pro card by winning the Dutch Nationals.    helps to have dual citizenship, or at least multiple permanent residences.

then there are many second or third tier pros:  Cesar Mendible came in 4th in the NPC Southern States but got his pro card from his home country.  Mauricio Solis Torres came in 7th in the 2007 NPC USA, but is now a pro.  Dragan Paunovic came in 2nd in the 2002 NPC LA Tournament of Champions.  Pablo Arevalo had to win the 2002 and 2005 NPC Southern States, even though he had won the 2000 Latin American Championships.

many other examples can be found by searching musclememory.com
True. (2006 Border States Classic in Anaheim, CA).

And I won every show in Hungary and I was the 2004 Hungarian National Overall Champion.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2009, 04:36:33 PM »
:D

whos the guy with the nebraska outfit on?? im from nebraska so whop is he?/ lol
muscle