Author Topic: GHB  (Read 5301 times)

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
GHB
« on: May 17, 2009, 06:23:21 PM »
ok I was reading some stuff on GHB and how body builders use it to help recovery but it was made illegall b/c ppl were using it as a date rape drug.  Has anybody every used it for BB purposes on this board?
First Rock

darmhok

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: GHB
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 07:01:59 PM »
dont even think about it, unless you like blacking out and having a headache for 3 days

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 08:31:47 PM »
Nasty shit and hard to dose. Highly addictive. Don't do it!
I am a big baby

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 08:36:24 PM »
thanks for the info, I wont try it but for the record I could not find a source anyways......so the shit must be bad.
First Rock

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 08:56:45 PM »
thanks for the info, I wont try it but for the record I could not find a source anyways......so the shit must be bad.
These days you would need to homebrew. New a guy that made fantastically pure homebrew. In the 90's supplement stores used to sell a product called Blue Nitro and Renewtrient.
I am a big baby

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 12:07:47 PM »
Based on the general idea and concept - which looked good on paper - you would think that by entering intensive sleep much quicker and thus shortening (or skipping depending on which version you believe) the 1st stage sleep phase (shorten) and 2nd stage sleep phase (skipping), you would spend more time in 3rd - 4th stage sleep phase where GH is said to be secreted predominantly during these stages than others.

Most common example was to say if you slept 8 hours per night and 30% of that time was spent in the primary GH releasing phases, (rest of time consisted of getting sleepy, falling asleep, entering deep sleep and awakening) then GHB would help you bypass the first two stages and enter deep sleep much faster.  So you reduced the time of the first two stages and added it to 3rd and 4th stage phase.  People claimed now you got 8 hours sleep per night and spent 50% (or more) of that time in GH releasing phases and thus got more GH released that you could use for growing and such.

Well, now as it was then, the truth to that is highly debatable.  In the experience I had with it, it definately did make me go to sleep faster and sleep harder.  However, I slept shorter times as well.  Instead of sleeping 8 hours at 32% of the time in later sleep stages, I spend the same amount of time in those phases ( that the 32% was based on), but just woke up sooner.  I found that using GHB I only needed about 6.5 hours before waking up refreshed.  So it sort of balanced out overall.  Which was not a good enough boost to risk addiction to it just to save a bit of time.

I never hear of bodybuilders using it nowdays.  Only people getting high and such.

Tats

• Getbig II
  • Get Big!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 12:38:37 PM »
Can be highly addictive and tastes like sweat.
All Gas!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 03:07:29 PM »
In the experience I had with it, it definately did make me go to sleep faster and sleep harder.  However, I slept shorter times as well.  Instead of sleeping 8 hours at 32% of the time in later sleep stages, I spend the same amount of time in those phases ( that the 32% was based on), but just woke up sooner.  I found that using GHB I only needed about 6.5 hours before waking up refreshed.  So it sort of balanced out overall.  Which was not a good enough boost to risk addiction to it just to save a bit of time.

That's why a second dose of the drug (i.e. Xyrem) is taken 2.5-4 hours later. When used for sleep disorders.

Never taken it but on paper it looks like it could be useful for occasional use but the risk of addiction is high if you have no self control.

Stavios

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 03:33:48 PM »
That's why a second dose of the drug (i.e. Xyrem) is taken 2.5-4 hours later. When used for sleep disorders.

Never taken it but on paper it looks like it could be useful for occasional use but the risk of addiction is high if you have no self control.

I'll pass !

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 05:00:19 PM »
I used tons of GHB in the mid to late '90s.  Often on a daily basis for long periods of time.  I don't see how it could be considered mentally addictive, but physically yes.  If you take it multiple times daily for a period of time you won't be able to sleep naturally....but at that point xanax or valium will do the trick until your body gets used to not having it.  That only takes a couple of days.

All I'm saying is that it's hard to get to that point IMO.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 06:21:21 PM »
I used tons of GHB in the mid to late '90s.  Often on a daily basis for long periods of time.  I don't see how it could be considered mentally addictive, but physically yes.  If you take it multiple times daily for a period of time you won't be able to sleep naturally....but at that point xanax or valium will do the trick until your body gets used to not having it.  That only takes a couple of days.

All I'm saying is that it's hard to get to that point IMO.

For you yes, for others no.  I've seen several lives destroyed because of that drug.  There are people who can do heroin, coke or even smoke crack a few times and not get addicted, there are however many others who get sucked into it.  While I'm not doubting you, it's certainly quite believable, but I've personally seen people go down a very deep hole and eventually lose their lives over drug addiction which included GHB use.  The GHB didn't kill them, it was a plethora of other things, but it certainly played its role.

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 02:32:06 AM »
I'm not saying that it can't destroy lives.  It most certainly can.  I've seen more people than I can count, OD, get in a car wreck, etc.  It's powerful stuff that's hard to dose for a newbie.  I just don't see how it could be mentally addictive. 

I'll take your word for it, but I was around it a lot back in the '90s and saw about as much first hand as anyone could.  I never saw anyone addicted to it.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 02:38:59 AM »
Great stuff to sleep on..3 1/2 hours and you feel like you've slept 12 hours, fully rested...easy to get it out of control tho...be careful with it.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 04:42:41 AM »
For you yes, for others no.  I've seen several lives destroyed because of that drug.  There are people who can do heroin, coke or even smoke crack a few times and not get addicted, there are however many others who get sucked into it.  While I'm not doubting you, it's certainly quite believable, but I've personally seen people go down a very deep hole and eventually lose their lives over drug addiction which included GHB use.  The GHB didn't kill them, it was a plethora of other things, but it certainly played its role.

Yeah I have seen the same I know a few people who get into the whole drug world from BB they think or justify the use of these drugs as part of BB.  Of course a sport/hobby that uses syringes and needles is very accepting of drug use at many levels.  At first the excuse is "I do it for BB" then before you know these people are using Nubain, gear, fat burners, GHB, pain killers, opiates....man at that point they are toast.  That much shit in your body will fry it out.  You know you are in trouble when your broke, the wife/GF left and you lost your job.  Then for many they need to fall even further legal/health trouble is next then maybe jail........at that point they have hopefully hit bottom and can dig out.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 11:37:25 AM »
I'm not saying that it can't destroy lives.  It most certainly can.  I've seen more people than I can count, OD, get in a car wreck, etc.  It's powerful stuff that's hard to dose for a newbie.  I just don't see how it could be mentally addictive. 

I'll take your word for it, but I was around it a lot back in the '90s and saw about as much first hand as anyone could.  I never saw anyone addicted to it.

I feel the same way about Coke, I tried a few times, never could see what the big deal was with it, never have had the urge to try it again, but there are plenty of people who get strung out or OD on it.  A lot of things can be mentally addictive, including steroids :)

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 03:17:11 PM »
Great stuff to sleep on..3 1/2 hours and you feel like you've slept 12 hours, fully rested...easy to get it out of control tho...be careful with it.

Sounds like it would have great use in the military, since the US air force pilots are given amphetamines to stay awake, why not make pure and accurately dosed GHB for the soldiers that can only sleep few hours a night on missions. I already know they are given Xanax very easily so they can fight the anxiety...
If you ask me it's what ever gets the job done.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 03:46:00 PM »
Sounds like it would have great use in the military, since the US air force pilots are given amphetamines to stay awake, why not make pure and accurately dosed GHB for the soldiers that can only sleep few hours a night on missions. I already know they are given Xanax very easily so they can fight the anxiety...
If you ask me it's what ever gets the job done.

They use a lot of different psychotropic drugs. Uppers, sleeping pills, antidepressants. I believe they even explore drugs that reduce traumatic memory imprinting like propranolol. To forget so to speak.

Stavios

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 05:33:35 PM »
that propranolol seems pretty cool

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 01:37:43 AM »
that propranolol seems pretty cool

Yeah, I wish I had taken it a couple of times in my past before going home really drunk with a fat girl.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 04:29:30 AM »
Yeah, I wish I had taken it a couple of times in my past before going home really drunk with a fat girl.

Yes LOL reading about it though they seemed not to talk much about it removing memory.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 05:13:02 AM »
Yes LOL reading about it though they seemed not to talk much about it removing memory.

http://neurologicalillness.suite101.com/article.cfm/propranolol

http://www.scienceinafrica.co.za/2008/february/propranolol.htm

Doesn't really remove memory per se.

Clinical trials currently underway in the United States and elsewhere, indicate that this drug appears to effect memory, not so much by altering or erasing it, but by reducing the intensity of emotions caused by those memories, which of course are the primary ingredient of PTSD.

This drug is of course popular for stage fright and other physical manifestations of anxiety. When I visited my doc she noticed my hands shook. I had taken ephedrine. She immediately suggested a script for propranolol because she thought I was anxious.  :D

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 07:17:02 AM »
http://neurologicalillness.suite101.com/article.cfm/propranolol

http://www.scienceinafrica.co.za/2008/february/propranolol.htm

Doesn't really remove memory per se.

This drug is of course popular for stage fright and other physical manifestations of anxiety. When I visited my doc she noticed my hands shook. I had taken ephedrine. She immediately suggested a script for propranolol because she thought I was anxious.  :D

So it would probably have been very helpful the next morning when I woke up next to her and felt sick to my stomach and had a general feeling of disgust for myself?

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 06:02:50 PM »
GHB is fine to use for recreational purposes.  It's not highly addictive at all.  Between Capt. EQ and I we probably know hundreds of people using g and not one is addicted.  Fun to do every now and then.  Do a cap and that's it.  Wait at least an hour. You'll love it.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 06:56:08 PM »
GHB is fine to use for recreational purposes.  It's not highly addictive at all.  Between Capt. EQ and I we probably know hundreds of people using g and not one is addicted.  Fun to do every now and then.  Do a cap and that's it.  Wait at least an hour. You'll love it.

Yeah, there is honestly no better high... it's described by a lot of people as being drunk without the hangover.

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 08:17:16 PM »

That's all I was trying to say above.  If that shit was addictive, I would have had half the strippers at the Gold Club in Atlanta hooked.  It didn't happen.

It's definitley my favorite drug.