Author Topic: Orlando Magic  (Read 4343 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Orlando Magic
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 11:02:09 PM »
I bet you predicted the Magic to beat the Celtics  ::)

you were surprised they beat the celtics without garnett?

E
E

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 12:28:02 AM »
I hope Paul Pierce has some sort of injury that he isn't talking about because even though he average just under 20 points in the series, he is really starting to look like an old man on the floor...Every time he touches the ball, I'm thinking he is about to have it stripped...

I think it is just tremendous fatigue. He played 200 games since the beginning of last season. Not kidding

body88

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 08:57:04 AM »
I think it is just tremendous fatigue. He played 200 games since the beginning of last season. Not kidding

Agreed, the whole team was tired.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2009, 09:03:13 AM »
They ran out of gas. They played commendable without their best defensive player. I've seem 3 superbowls, 2 world series and an nba title this decade, so im rooting for the Cavs. Cleveland's drought is sad.

body88

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2009, 11:04:21 AM »
They ran out of gas. They played commendable without their best defensive player. I've seem 3 superbowls, 2 world series and an nba title this decade, so im rooting for the Cavs. Cleveland's drought is sad.

Agreed, it's always funny when people take shots at the Boston teams for no reason.  99% percent of em will never see 2 titles in their lifetime, nevermind 6.

I'll root for the Cavs also, James is a beast.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 02:47:48 PM »
I want Orlando to win. The Magic need to give Howard way more touches then he's been getting. No one on the Cavs can stop him down low once he has one foot in the paint asking for the ball.

Everything is just hunky dory with the Cavs. Everyone on their team is smiling and having a good time while blowing out the weak opposition they've been playing. Wait until they finally get tested against the Magic and the real cry-baby Lebron come out.

Lebron is an awesome physical talent but he is complete fucking baby when it comes to complaining to the referees.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2009, 07:42:37 PM »
I want the Lakers to lose. I can't stand them. Also, I live in LA and have to hear annoying fans overrate the Lakers all the time. They need to lose!

I think Orlando has too many missing links to beat the Cavs. Howard is a beast, but he has no real post game and the rest of their game is based on perimeter shooting and that can be very risky. Hedo needs to take the ball to the basket as much as possible.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 12:25:53 PM »
I want the Lakers to lose. I can't stand them. Also, I live in LA and have to hear annoying fans overrate the Lakers all the time. They need to lose!

I think Orlando has too many missing links to beat the Cavs. Howard is a beast, but he has no real post game and the rest of their game is based on perimeter shooting and that can be very risky. Hedo needs to take the ball to the basket as much as possible.

How do you figure?? Howard sure is shit isn't an outside jump shooter. He didn't average 21 points a game just on dunks. He definitely has a legitimate post game. And he needs more touches down low when he is posting up if the Magic are to have a chance against the Cavs.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2009, 03:48:55 PM »
How do you figure?? Howard sure is shit isn't an outside jump shooter. He didn't average 21 points a game just on dunks. He definitely has a legitimate post game. And he needs more touches down low when he is posting up if the Magic are to have a chance against the Cavs.

He gets his points from 5ft away from the basket on put backs an free throws. He has no post game whatsoever.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2009, 04:23:15 PM »
He gets his points from 5ft away from the basket on put backs an free throws. He has no post game whatsoever.

Bullshit. So I guess when he finally does develop a post game he should average 35+ points a game, right? Hard to imagine that this guy averaged 21 points a game on shots from just 5 feet away and in. He's no kevin mchale by a long stretch but when he hits his prime in another few years, his post game will be leaps and bounds beyond what it is now. He's still a very young player.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2009, 04:33:53 PM »

I don't know guts.  He looked pretty limited to me against Boston.  I didn't really see a drop step, spin move, hook shot, short jumpers, or any consistent back-to-the-basket moves.  He's more of a bully under the basket.  Bigger and stronger than other centers.  I was actually surprised to see how limited his offensive game is. 

That said, it doesn't really matter if a player has a limited game if the defense can't stop it.  Kareem had basically one shot.  Shaq's offensive game was primarily overpowering and dunking on people.  LeBron was the same way before this year. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2009, 05:23:33 PM »
Bullshit. So I guess when he finally does develop a post game he should average 35+ points a game, right? Hard to imagine that this guy averaged 21 points a game on shots from just 5 feet away and in. He's no kevin mchale by a long stretch but when he hits his prime in another few years, his post game will be leaps and bounds beyond what it is now. He's still a very young player.

when he finally develops a post game? LOL people have been saying that since he came in the league, what 5 years ago?

he wont develop much more. He gets by on freaky athleticism. Like i said, he gets his points off rebounds in the paint+free throws. I'm not lieing to you. He's averaging 17 friggin rebounds a game in this years playoffs. He's attempted m ore free throws this season that any player in the L. Case closed.

body88

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2009, 05:31:05 PM »
I don't know guts.  He looked pretty limited to me against Boston.  I didn't really see a drop step, spin move, hook shot, short jumpers, or any consistent back-to-the-basket moves.  He's more of a bully under the basket.  Bigger and stronger than other centers.  I was actually surprised to see how limited his offensive game is. 

That said, it doesn't really matter if a player has a limited game if the defense can't stop it.  Kareem had basically one shot.  Shaq's offensive game was primarily overpowering and dunking on people.  LeBron was the same way before this year. 

I agree, he's still very raw.  He's got no offensive game.  He's very overrated due to the way he looks.  He has all the toolsm though.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2009, 05:36:58 AM »
30 points and 13 rebounds. I can't agree that he's overrated. He's an awesome player who will get much better. He's only 23 years old

After watching last night's game, I now agree that Howard doesn't have a great post game because he relied mostly on his athleticism to spin around Ilgauskas. My opinion about his post game has changed. Admittedly, I haven't been able to watch his game for much of the season but he does score a lot off of his athleticism. As he gets older into his late 20's, his post game will shine if he works hard to improve on it. He can possibly put up 26+ and 15+ averages. You can't rely on speed and quickness forever(Iverson). But it's amazing to see how fast and quick Howard is at his size. He's an absolute freak!

body88

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2009, 07:05:02 AM »
30 points and 13 rebounds. I can't agree that he's overrated. He's an awesome player who will get much better. He's only 23 years old

After watching last night's game, I now agree that Howard doesn't have a great post game because he relied mostly on his athleticism to spin around Ilgauskas. My opinion about his post game has changed. Admittedly, I haven't been able to watch his game for much of the season but he does score a lot off of his athleticism. As he gets older into his late 20's, his post game will shine if he works hard to improve on it. He can possibly put up 26+ and 15+ averages. You can't rely on speed and quickness forever(Iverson). But it's amazing to see how fast and quick Howard is at his size. He's an absolute freak!

You can't use one game to form an opinion of a player.  Perkins exposed Howard during the Boston series and showed that he is slightly overrated at this point.  People talk like Howard is this huge force from all angles.  No one is saying that Howard will not be the total package one day, he has all the tools....however, at this point, he is overrated.  Howard has a very limited offensive arsenal.  He's a special talent and he will be a beast when he puts it all together.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2009, 09:25:38 AM »
You can't use one game to form an opinion of a player.  Perkins exposed Howard during the Boston series and showed that he is slightly overrated at this point.  People talk like Howard is this huge force from all angles.  No one is saying that Howard will not be the total package one day, he has all the tools....however, at this point, he is overrated.  Howard has a very limited offensive arsenal.  He's a special talent and he will be a beast when he puts it all together.

So you're basically saying that Perkins outplayed Howard in the series? Personally, I feel Howard didn't get enough touches in the series.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009, 01:03:14 PM »
So you're basically saying that Perkins outplayed Howard in the series? Personally, I feel Howard didn't get enough touches in the series.

to be fair perkins is like top 3 in defensive efficiency in the league.

body88

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2009, 02:59:01 PM »

Perk exposed Howard's offensive limitations.  Again, I'm saying that Howard has all the tools to grow into a scary player, but at this point, Howard is vastly overrated due to the way he looks.  Outside of 3 feet from the basket the guy has no offensive game.  he's a good player who will one day be a great player when he puts it all together.

body88

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2009, 02:59:49 PM »
to be fair perkins is like top 3 in defensive efficiency in the league.

Who was playing with a bum shoulder.  I'm not "dissing" Howard, all I'm saying is that the guy has little to no offensive game when he's more than 3 feet from the hoop.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 04:31:50 PM »
Who was playing with a bum shoulder.  I'm not "dissing" Howard, all I'm saying is that the guy has little to no offensive game when he's more than 3 feet from the hoop.

has a great spin move in the post, though. He's so fast for his size. I guess I got a man-crush on the dude or something. He's like a gazelle on steroids running up and down the court, just crazy athleticism. When he puts it all together, he's going to be fun to watch. A series win against the Cavs will take his confidence to a whole other level.

body88

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2009, 05:52:04 PM »
has a great spin move in the post, though. He's so fast for his size. I guess I got a man-crush on the dude or something. He's like a gazelle on steroids running up and down the court, just crazy athleticism. When he puts it all together, he's going to be fun to watch. A series win against the Cavs will take his confidence to a whole other level.

Easily, the biggest mutant in the NBA....in all of sports for that matter.  James is another freak.   When Howard puts it all together he will be a total beast.  Right now he's a semi beast who can't be stopped under the basket.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2009, 09:01:50 PM »

yea yea yea (homer)

it will be good to watch these 2 go at it in the next few years. Both highschool draft picks. Both barely in their primes.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2009, 05:21:07 AM »
yea yea yea (homer)

it will be good to watch these 2 go at it in the next few years. Both highschool draft picks. Both barely in their primes.

Not even.......it's been said that an NBA player's prime years are between the ages of 28-32.

body88

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2009, 06:29:13 AM »
yea yea yea (homer)

What are you talking about?  I give me opinion on Howard and I'm a homer? 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2009, 10:59:20 AM »
Not even.......it's been said that an NBA player's prime years are between the ages of 28-32.

uhhh thats highly subjective. Not many 32 year old guys inthe nba who would be considered "prime"

by then their legs have logged so much mileage. I'd say 25-28 is your prime athletically.