Author Topic: my friend is dead - why am I still alive?  (Read 10114 times)

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
Re: my friend is dead - why am I still alive?
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 12:11:19 PM »

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 12:11:37 PM »

God loves you and has a plan for your life....even if you dont see it.

There is no god.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 12:12:29 PM »
Zu deutsch? ???

ZODW=Zitiert Ob Der Wahrheit
I hate the State.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2009, 12:13:30 PM »
You can't ask stupid questions like that, that's the way things go. Even 37 is no implicitness (a cousin of mine died at 20 in a car crash with some drunken assshole).

Everyday there are young children who are to blame for nothing dying of cancer, starve or getting raped, but you don't care and don't give a shit about it because it's not in your immediate surrounding and not in your field of view. When a more known person dies at 37 suddenly the world is a shithole and soooooo unfair. :P

good post

i think the guy was very selfish for riding a motorcycle when he had a family to take care of

E
E

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2009, 12:14:32 PM »
ZODW=Zitiert Ob Der Wahrheit

Danke, mein germanisch-amerikanischer Freund.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 12:16:05 PM »
sorry to hear about your friend Tre, RIP.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2009, 12:16:42 PM »
I'm not asking to be dead, but if God really exists, why is this young man gone while someone like me gets to continue on? 

You answered your own question.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2009, 12:16:57 PM »
Danke, mein germanisch-amerikanischer Freund.

Der germanische Geist wohnt meinem Wesen inne... ;D
I hate the State.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2009, 12:17:59 PM »
good post

i think the guy was very selfish for riding a motorcycle when he had a family to take care of

E

I disagree.

hindsight is 20/20

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 12:19:25 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about that Tre...I haven't had someone close to me pass away yet (it will happen sooner or later to all of us), but from what I observe, it's a normal feeling to process.

You'll bounce back, and at least you can be proud to say knew a good guy in your life.

SM

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2009, 12:28:48 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about that Tre...I haven't had someone close to me pass away yet (it will happen sooner or later to all of us), but from what I observe, it's a normal feeling to process.

You'll bounce back, and at least you can be proud to say knew a good guy in your life.

SM

Yeah, after they died they were all "good guys". Beforehand you slander behind their backs.... ::)

(sorry for the dose reality, unsentimental, I know;)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2009, 12:32:09 PM »

You answered your own question.

We dont know the answer to everything. Some events/circumstances in life can not be totally understood. Not everything can be easily explained.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2009, 12:37:37 PM »
I used to talk with a Roman Catholic Priest at the Downtown YMCA in Houston between sets and in the locker room.  He was a teacher at the University of St. Thomas.  He said that if you pray and ask for God to Reveal Himself to you, he would.  I have never done this, and I have to admit I have doubts, but I don't reject totally the possibility.
In high school the only individual who treated me as a person smashed his Mustang Mach 1 head on into a fully loaded concrete truck. Age 17 as opposed to 37, and thus took away my only human contact.  I am still angered by it, and I have to admit if there is a Supreme Being, I am still angry at Him.
I have no definitive answers, but an interesting movie with this subject is "Amadeus".  Many people miss the point of the film in that the movie is primarily about a guy (Salieri) who is SUPREMELY pissed off at God.  I don't know if it will help you spiritually to watch it, but the music is calming and great.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2009, 12:56:18 PM »
I used to talk with a Roman Catholic Priest at the Downtown YMCA in Houston between sets and in the locker room.  He was a teacher at the University of St. Thomas.  He said that if you pray and ask for God to Reveal Himself to you, he would.  I have never done this, and I have to admit I have doubts, but I don't reject totally the possibility.
In high school the only individual who treated me as a person smashed his Mustang Mach 1 head on into a fully loaded concrete truck. Age 17 as opposed to 37, and thus took away my only human contact.  I am still angered by it, and I have to admit if there is a Supreme Being, I am still angry at Him.
I have no definitive answers, but an interesting movie with this subject is "Amadeus".  Many people miss the point of the film in that the movie is primarily about a guy (Salieri) who is SUPREMELY pissed off at God.  I don't know if it will help you spiritually to watch it, but the music is calming and great.

Sync....if you have time, read the book of Job (the oldest book of the Bible)

Its about a man who lost everything...his family, his wealth, his health....and he didnt understand why (Job didnt know that satan existed)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=22&chapter=1&version=45

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2009, 01:33:58 PM »
The universe is pitilessly indifferent and fairness is a human concept unknown to the reality of which we are part...

How can you truly know that your statement = true?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2009, 01:36:56 PM »
In true GetBig fashion, an old friend of mine crashed his bike and was killed instantly Saturday night. 

He leaves behind a young son and daughter. 

He was a sociology professor with several publications to his credit and had devoted his life to his family and to helping to improve the family relationships of others through teaching, counseling, his writings, and oral presentations to various groups.   

Meanwhile, I'm a selfish fuck who only lives to entertain.  I'm not doing anything to improve my community and while I have started several books, I haven't completed or published a thing. 

I'm not asking to be dead, but if God really exists, why is this young man gone while someone like me gets to continue on? 

37 is way too young. 

RIP Jay
There is no god.  Your friend and everyone who owns a motorcycle, in my opinion, is partaking in a moronic hobby which solely invites danger.  Now he has left behind his children, his obligations all because of the cheap thrill he desired riding a motorcycle.

Pathetic. 

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2009, 01:38:02 PM »
sorry for your loss Tre. I don't personally believe in fate or karma, in my opinion people cling to that because they are afraid  that life is just a string of random events and we could go at anytime.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2009, 01:48:32 PM »
tribute video to you and your friend.  :D

:D

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2009, 01:58:43 PM »
Sorry to hear Tre. Hope his family can recover from their loss

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastard
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2009, 02:07:05 PM »
In true GetBig fashion, an old friend of mine crashed his bike and was killed instantly Saturday night. 

He leaves behind a young son and daughter. 

He was a sociology professor with several publications to his credit and had devoted his life to his family and to helping to improve the family relationships of others through teaching, counseling, his writings, and oral presentations to various groups.   

Meanwhile, I'm a selfish fuck who only lives to entertain.  I'm not doing anything to improve my community and while I have started several books, I haven't completed or published a thing. 

37 is way too young. 

RIP Jay
There is no God... That is why.

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2009, 02:10:49 PM »
My condolences for you and your friends family.
If anything, take away that life can be too short and enjoy yours.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2009, 02:11:58 PM »
There is no God... That is why.

How can you actually know? Are you sure you are not making an assumption here?

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2009, 02:12:46 PM »

We dont know the answer to everything. Some events/circumstances in life can not be totally understood. Not everything can be easily explained.
We don't know that there is a big mumba jumba at the bottom of the sea either but we don't believe in it do we? What about a pink unicorn or a talking china tea pot orbiting earth?

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2009, 02:13:37 PM »

How can you actually know? Are you sure you are not making an assumption here?
We can never be 100% sure but that doesn't mean we believe in it. It is highly unlikely. A talking vacuum cleaner is about as likely as a God.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2009, 02:15:15 PM »
We can never be 100% sure but that doesn't mean we believe in it. It is highly unlikely. A talking vacuum cleaner is about as likely as a God.

Badabing, we can never know 100%.

That being said, the typical image of an "allmighty god" found in crappy and illogical religious dogma's = stupid idea.