Author Topic: EAS 100% Whey Protein  (Read 7309 times)

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
EAS 100% Whey Protein
« on: May 18, 2009, 12:34:22 PM »
$29.99 for a 5lb bag at Sams Club.

bye bye bb.com

that is soooooo cheap....i used to buy ON brand whey, but i cannot pass this price up

tastes awesome too, especially the vanilla

Flex 215

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: EAS 100% Whey Protein
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 03:26:28 PM »
The good think about ON was their whey lists isolate as the first ingredient, and concentrate next, meaning it's more isolate than any other ingredient. I am sure the EAS lists concentrate as the main source.

But it might not make a difference, and the price is great. And you said you like the taste. I used to use ON, but when it's price went from about $30 for 5lbs to $45 or higher I switched. I get NOW Nutrition's Whey which is all isolate for about $5 more than the ON is now.

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 04:36:16 PM »

Thats good to know. I just bought some for the first time.. not at that price though!! But haven't run out of what have been using, so have not tried it yet.
Masters- 50-54
148#

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 04:49:09 PM »
EAS is garbage these days.
I am a big baby

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 09:41:49 PM »
EAS is garbage these days.

Pure garbage!!

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 10:27:01 AM »
Yeah...so for two it would be a little over $60. Think I'll just spend the extra 15 and get ON Whey in the 10lb'r

But good looking out bro for at least letting everyone know of your find! :)

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 11:48:49 AM »
bump ;D isn't whey protein whey protein? Anyone use this stuff? They sell it at the market which is a nice plus, thinking of going down to vitamin shoppe tomorrow to get me a good whey isolate egg whites are too expensive to drink on a daily basis. . Any particular brands of whey you guys reccomend? Or is it all the same shit?
l

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 04:10:17 PM »
straight off their website
Ingredients:

Whey Protein Concentrate (Whey Protein Concentrate, Soy Lecithin), Natural & Artificial Flavors, Whey Protein Isolate, Acesulfame Potassium, and Sucralose.

Contains milk and soy ingredients. Manufactured in a facility that processes peanut ingredients.

I know from my experience in this industry flavoring makes up very little of the actual product, and they have more flavorings than Isolate, which leads me to believe the Isolate is on there for window dressing, and is not in any amount that will benefit the body.  They also use Acesulfame Potassium which is a cheap sweetener that is just as bad as all the other ( cancer causing crap ).  Then they have Sucralose on there once again for window dressing.  Most people will read that label and believe that the Sucralose is the main sweetener, but in truth its not.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 04:16:31 PM »
Syntrax Nectar 100% Whey Isolate FTW.
T

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 10:36:39 AM »

bye bye bb.com

that is soooooo cheap....i used to buy ON brand whey, but i cannot pass this price up

That's pretty good. And their prices are usually consistently at that range. I used to buy that a lot, until GNC started marking down products like ON Nitro Core 24 for $15 or less.

Of course, I also got 8 of those Six Star Whey Protein Plus packets for $0.75 each at Wal-Mart. Normally, they're $1.19.

You might also want to look for Vitamin World. Periodically, they have coupons for 40% off any one Vitamin World (or its specific sports nutrition brand, Precision Engineering) supplement. And sometimes the muscle magazine have coupons for 40% off any supplement in the store (Vitamin World brand or not).

Bigmacdaddy18

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 03:36:19 PM »
Not all whey protein is created equal regardless of what the label says. You bust you balls in the gym, why put garbage in your body. Go with the trusted brands that actually make the stuff, not just market it. Use brands like champion, optimum, cytosport and metrx...there is a reason why the cost more.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 07:09:33 PM »
straight off their website
Ingredients:

Whey Protein Concentrate (Whey Protein Concentrate, Soy Lecithin), Natural & Artificial Flavors, Whey Protein Isolate, Acesulfame Potassium, and Sucralose.

Contains milk and soy ingredients. Manufactured in a facility that processes peanut ingredients.

I know from my experience in this industry flavoring makes up very little of the actual product, and they have more flavorings than Isolate, which leads me to believe the Isolate is on there for window dressing, and is not in any amount that will benefit the body.  They also use Acesulfame Potassium which is a cheap sweetener that is just as bad as all the other ( cancer causing crap ).  Then they have Sucralose on there once again for window dressing.  Most people will read that label and believe that the Sucralose is the main sweetener, but in truth its not.

LMAO!!!
Good eye, brother!
It sometimes pays to read that section of the label. ;)

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 07:14:32 PM »
 True some whey isolate are a little higher quality and have less junk in it..but are you honestly saying if the product says has 20 grams of protein the company is lying? True it may be shit whey concentrate and a crappy whey isolate, but did I really ust throw 20 bucks down the drain damnet :-\
l

barrettaswine

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 04:49:39 AM »
While I prefer to get my protein from egg whites and chicken breasts, whey protein has its uses. Having said that, EAS is owned by abbott labs. They are a HUGE company! They also own Ensure etc... Champion nutrition is made in florida by natures products, a company from Columbia, south america. So before you say" It's garbage" please do some research about who makes your protein or vitamins.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 05:48:59 AM »
Not all whey protein is created equal regardless of what the label says. You bust you balls in the gym, why put garbage in your body. Go with the trusted brands that actually make the stuff, not just market it. Use brands like champion, optimum, cytosport and metrx...there is a reason why the cost more.

If you're patient and have a Gold Card (or a Healthy Awards Club Card, or a Savings Passport), you can get those brands dirt cheap.

;D

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 02:38:30 PM »
I used to buy this all the time and at my sams club its now $38 flat but for some reason raised in price about $8 so now my sams also carries muscletech for the same price and same ammount and is rich in bcaa's,and also comes with some creatine and glutamine added in.....so much more bang for the buck lol. But for the price the EAS is a decent protein