Author Topic: How wide spread is GHB use?  (Read 3182 times)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
How wide spread is GHB use?
« on: May 18, 2009, 06:44:58 PM »

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
Re: How wide spread is GHB use?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 06:46:02 PM »
fck that just use the real shit

GBL

but I've been boys with George Henry Beuler for a few years now

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 06:47:27 PM »
Used to be big on the "party" scene back in the day as I recall. People used to put it in a water bottle along with water = Gwater.
U

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 06:49:27 PM »
Used to be big on the "party" scene back in the day as I recall. People used to put it in a water bottle along with water = Gwater.

Yes but what about among athletes?  According to the website seems pretty widespread among athletes, particularly bodybuilders.  Why so? I know a little bit about it but have never tried it and have no desire too. 

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
U

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 06:55:01 PM »
Yes but what about among athletes?  According to the website seems pretty widespread among athletes, particularly bodybuilders.  Why so? I know a little bit about it but have never tried it and have no desire too. 

its a recreational drug, nothing more. 

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 07:11:13 PM »

back in 1991 when they sold it at GNC as a 'sleep aid'

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 07:23:59 PM »

I thought that the idea was that it released GH levels thru the roof.

No idea if that is true or not.

M!

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 11:16:05 PM »
I thought that the idea was that it released GH levels thru the roof.
No idea if that is true or not.

notice many acromegalic club kids?

in english: no, there is no evidence that GHB or GBL has any significant effect on GH levels or helps in muscle building.  it is a recreational drug, nothing more

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 11:37:34 PM »
back in 1991 when they sold it at GNC as a 'sleep aid'

QFT

I use to buy that over the counter during the late 1980's during college. It wasn't thought of as a rec drug or even a drug. Just a nutritional supp that help you relax and was also an aphrodisiac. When I started working part time at a gym the bodybuilders said that it also helped stimulate gh when you sleep. That was good stuff. Then it worked it's way to the party scene. Fools started mixing it with alcohol and knocking chicks out so they could bang them. It ruined everything. It's a substance that is produced naturally in your body, like test, but if you use it they throw you in jail.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 11:42:25 PM »
About the same effect as Xanax and Soma... makes you high first, and then real sleepy.

Once the jackassess started mixing it in alcohol and sedating and date-raping women, it got banned by the FDA.

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 08:36:08 AM »
That website is bullshit.  It was put up as a promotional tool to sell their books.  Athletes dont really use if for rest,recovery,etc.  Like Tim said it is just a rec drug that people ruined by misuse.  I havent seen it in yrs.  It is much harder to get the chems to make it.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 08:44:26 AM »
in english: no, there is no evidence that GHB or GBL has any significant effect on GH levels

Yes there is.

in english: no, there is no evidence that GHB helps in muscle building.

That's right.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 09:39:17 AM »
Yes there is

Thanks Van....  I have defintantly read verious bits of information/studies that indicated that GHB did in fact raise GH levels. This makes sense....however there doesnt seem to be a direct correlation between that and increased performence,lean body mass, etc.

Those studies were years ago....so  Im glad that Im not just imagining things.

M!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 09:45:20 AM »
....however there doesnt seem to be a direct correlation between that and increased performence,lean body mass, etc.

There are even a lot of legal supplements that increase GH levels. GABA, Glutamine, Niacin, etc.

An example for tim

J Clin Invest. 1997 Aug 1;100(3):745-53.
    Simultaneous stimulation of slow-wave sleep and growth hormone secretion by gamma-hydroxybutyrate in normal young Men.
    Van Cauter E, Plat L, Scharf MB, Leproult R, Cespedes S, L'Hermite-Balériaux M, Copinschi G.

Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA. evacauter@medicine.bsd.uchicago.edu

The aim of this study was to investigate, in normal young men, whether gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB), a reliable stimulant of slow-wave (SW) sleep in normal subjects, would simultaneously enhance sleep related growth hormone (GH) secretion. Eight healthy young men participated each in four experiments involving bedtime oral administration of placebo, 2.5, 3.0, and 3.5 g of GHB. Polygraphic sleep recordings were performed every night, and blood samples were obtained at 15-min intervals from 2000 to 0800. GHB effects were mainly observed during the first 2 h after sleep onset. There was a doubling of GH secretion, resulting from an increase of the amplitude and the duration of the first GH pulse after sleep onset. This stimulation of GH secretion was significantly correlated to a simultaneous increase in the amount of sleep stage IV. Abrupt but transient elevations of prolactin and cortisol were also observed, but did not appear to be associated with the concomitant stimulation of SW sleep. Thyrotropin and melatonin profiles were not altered by GHB administration. These data suggest that pharmacological agents that reliably stimulate SW sleep, such as GHB, may represent a novel class of powerful GH secretagogues.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 10:41:35 AM »
With the exception of doping unsuspecting chicks (or passing out while driving) GHB is not that harmful.  Opiates are far more dangerous.
\

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 12:19:20 PM »
With the exception of doping unsuspecting chicks (or passing out while driving) GHB is not that harmful.  Opiates are far more dangerous.
I  have to respectfully disagree with you...........having managed two "after-hours" clubs in Massachusetts,i have to say 99% of our problems occurred because of GHB use
(people getting violent while on it,pissing/shitting themselves/being rushed to the ER because of "G-ing out" sweating,labored breathing.....shaking uncontrollably/throwing up nonstop,wrecking cars while driving home,we even had a "special room" setup in the back where we tried to "wait it out"/give them sugar packets/water etc etc when someone was "g-ing" out so we wouldn't have to call the ambulance
when someone is "g-ing out" they act so strange.......like a violent zombie  lol!
compared to other drugs like x-tascy,coke,K,....G  was far more troublesome!
(if you have a club full of kids on Ecstasy.....there are no fights,everyone loves everyone lol!)

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 03:48:32 PM »
I  have to respectfully disagree with you...........having managed two "after-hours" clubs in Massachusetts,i have to say 99% of our problems occurred because of GHB use
(people getting violent while on it,pissing/shitting themselves/being rushed to the ER because of "G-ing out" sweating,labored breathing.....shaking uncontrollably/throwing up nonstop,wrecking cars while driving home,we even had a "special room" setup in the back where we tried to "wait it out"/give them sugar packets/water etc etc when someone was "g-ing" out so we wouldn't have to call the ambulance
when someone is "g-ing out" they act so strange.......like a violent zombie  lol!
compared to other drugs like x-tascy,coke,K,....G  was far more troublesome!
(if you have a club full of kids on Ecstasy.....there are no fights,everyone loves everyone lol!)

Talking more about the dangers to ones self not others.  Far easier to quit taking G than say Roxies....
\

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 09:02:10 PM »
Blue Nitro and Renewtrient back in 98'. Abused way more as a party drug rather then a BB supplement. I observed some f-uped behavior on it like Arvilla explained.
I am a big baby

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 09:11:53 PM »
Blue Nitro and Renewtrient back in 98'. Abused way more as a party drug rather then a BB supplement. I observed some f-uped behavior on it like Arvilla explained.

Wow taking it back to the Old Skool.  Back in Gainesville (pretty serious college town) around that time, I've seen kids passed out in the bushes clinching on to their bottle of the Nitro.  I also remember my bouncing days when my roommate brought a flask of the stuff to our bar and all the bouncers were passed out by 10:30.  Also a guy coming to the front door advising me that one of my bouncers was passed out on the toilet.  Good times.
\

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 09:26:13 PM »

all the horror stories in this thread are related to g abuse, not g usage.

yeah, your gonna g out and puke and pass out and spasm if you do too much.

any substance you are foolish enough to abuse will have adverse consequences, why would g be any different.
b

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 09:38:31 PM »
G used responsibly was great.  I never had physical withdraws when the bottle was out.  When I had a problem with OC's and Roxies, I decided to go off and get my life back.  Man I thought I was gonna die, went insane for about two weeks, probably forced the ex-wifes hand when she was debating the divorce.  I see how it's real easy for people to give up after a day or two and go back.  Nothing sucks worse than being dope sick.  I've had to do this process at least 4 times because I got hooked on painkillers after my back surgery.

I was so damn restless.  I vaguely remember my flight back from the dominican republic.  I guess I had run out of drugs 2 days before I was supposed to leave and I was withdrawing hard as fuck.  On the flight back I was sitting next to this little old lady.  I was 240+ at the time, sweating my ass off, and just could not stop moving.  My wife said the lady next to me was terrified.

If you are the type of person that stick with something they like once they've found it.....STAY AWAY from ROXIES or OC's. 
\

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 09:42:15 PM »
G used responsibly was great.  I never had physical withdraws when the bottle was out.  When I had a problem with OC's and Roxies, I decided to go off and get my life back.  Man I thought I was gonna die, went insane for about two weeks, probably forced the ex-wifes hand when she was debating the divorce.  I see how it's real easy for people to give up after a day or two and go back.  Nothing sucks worse than being dope sick.  I've had to do this process at least 4 times because I got hooked on painkillers after my back surgery.

I was so damn restless.  I vaguely remember my flight back from the dominican republic.  I guess I had run out of drugs 2 days before I was supposed to leave and I was withdrawing hard as fuck.  On the flight back I was sitting next to this little old lady.  I was 240+ at the time, sweating my ass off, and just could not stop moving.  My wife said the lady next to me was terrified.

If you are the type of person that stick with something they like once they've found it.....STAY AWAY from ROXIES or OC's
All drugs are stupid, hormones are a different story.
I am a big baby

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 09:26:34 AM »
An example for tim

GHB effects were mainly observed during the first 2 h after sleep onset. There was a doubling of GH secretion, resulting from an increase of the amplitude and the duration of the first GH pulse after sleep onset. This stimulation of GH secretion was significantly correlated to a simultaneous increase in the amount of sleep stage IV.

the problem with such a stuy is that it says nothing about the overall GH production.  does GHB cause your body to produce more GH or just release what it has all at once, then you're deficient the rest of the day?  that it causes an increase of GH in the first two hours suggests the later.

and the real danger of GHB and GBL is having seizures from withdrawal.  many GHB users sip small amounts throughout the day, every day.  if you suddenly lose your supply, you can have a seizure and even die.    such as what happened to 1992 AAU Mr America Mike Scarcella

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 09:37:20 AM »

the problem with such a stuy is that it says nothing about the overall GH production.  does GHB cause your body to produce more GH or just release what it has all at once, then you're deficient the rest of the day?  that it causes an increase of GH in the first two hours suggests the later.

and the real danger of GHB and GBL is having seizures from withdrawal.  many GHB users sip small amounts throughout the day, every day.  if you suddenly lose your supply, you can have a seizure and even die.    such as what happened to 1992 AAU Mr America Mike Scarcella

Point was that it does have an effect on GH levels. Don't know if the total daily release would be the same.

Anyhow, seizures are the danger with any gabaergic drug. Benzos, alcohol, GHB.