Author Topic: Star Trek - WARNING Spoilers ***DO NOT READ*** if you haven't seen it yet  (Read 11352 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
For those of you that have seen it, what were your favourite scenes?

Some that stand out for me was Scotty's line to Spock "Do they have sandwiches there?"
I don't know why, but that had me in stiches. Some of the acting was a bit over the top. I got the feeling McCoy & Scotty were acting as opposed to simply being, but Kirk, Spock & especially Sulu nailed their characters bang on.
I loved it when Sulu admitted his combat training was in fencing. LOL. I was thinking, man how many running gags do they have going at the same time?

The scene where Kirk has the allergic reaction and his hands swelled up terrified the heck out of me. I know for most it might have been funny, ...but I've had reactions like that in the past where my hands have swelled up so much I couldn't even bend my fingers.

I loved the fact that they brought in the green girl. Was a little disappointed not to see any Klingons, ...but there's always a sequel. Since we didn't actually see Nero die, ...it's quite possible that he lived, ...and his ship, once it emerges from the black hole is only disabled. He might end up limping through space... only to emerge at another time. Do you think there'll be a sequel?  I wanna see a sequel.

Does anyone think they might incur a backlash for depicting Kirk Snr. & Spock as essentially suicide bombers? We know Bill Maher lost his TV show for saying the 911 bombers showed courage. Do you think there will be a backlash against the studio for sending the same message... that flying into the face of certain death is somehow heroic or courageous?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
WooHoo, ...just heard...there WILL be a sequel!!!!!!!   :)
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Has to be.  This is definitely a trilogy. 

Don't know if I had a favorite scene.  They were all good. 

Was the Spock love interest new?  I don't remember that from the series.  I thought it was Kirk who was involved with the woman? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Has to be.  This is definitely a trilogy. 

Don't know if I had a favorite scene.  They were all good. 

Was the Spock love interest new?  I don't remember that from the series.  I thought it was Kirk who was involved with the woman? 
spock had interested women.  Uhura was a new twist.  In the series Spock was with that chick on that ice planet where Spock and Bones went to the distant past through a portal and Spock reverted back to Vulcan's past illogical behavior, beat the shit out of Bones clubed the chick and dragged her back to the cave :D  Then there was Nurse Chapel who had a crush on Spock.  And there was the chick he was going to hook up with in Amok Time where he thought he killed Kirk.  Not sure if I'm forgetting any.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Lots of favorite scenes for me.

-  When Kirk isn't Captain yet but is sitting on the captains chairs and has to be told to get off.
-  When old Spock first encounters young Kirk
-  Old Spock and New Spock at the end
-  Scotty on the bridge after Kirby and Spock fight
-  Seeing the enterprise being built
-  Bones complaining about every thing when getting on the shuttle to star fleet academy

I'm sure there is more.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
The scene where Kirk has the allergic reaction and his hands swelled up terrified the heck out of me. I know for most it might have been funny, ...but I've had reactions like that in the past where my hands have swelled up so much I couldn't even bend my fingers.

it's becuase you are vegetarian

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Finally saw it last night.

I have to agree: McCoy and Scotty over did it; every time either one of them was on screen I felt like they were trying too hard.  The Kirk and Spock actors nailed it.  I had reservations when I learned that the bad guy (Syler) from Heroes was going to play Spock but he more than lived up to the challenge.  That dude is a good actor.

It was cool to finally hear how McCoy got the name “Bones”!  The Uhura actress didn’t quite do it or me.  She gave it her best, but Nichelle Nichols is a tough act to follow.  When she was young, Nichelle was the sexiest woman on television!  I remember some scenes from the original Trek where she bared her sculpted abs!  Did you know that Nichelle once had an affair with Rodenberry?

Did Spock really have to eject Kirk from the ship?  That seemed illogical.  Why not just confine him to quarters?  And the escape pod just happened to land on the same planet & continent where the elder Spock was hold up?  That was a bit too much. 

Still it was a fun ride; I didn’t want it to end.  They definitely need to make some more prequels and flesh out more of the history of these beloved characters.

I have always admired Trek for recognizing the value of all human beings.  At a time when blacks were barely welcome on TV, Rodenberry put Nichelle on the bridge and when Asians were even less visible than blacks Sulu was not just there, he was a fully formed person.  It would have been so easy to make Sulu a cardboard cut out or an emotionless Spock-like character devoted to logic, math, science, etc. 

Many people forget that Star Trek gave us TVs first interracial kiss between Kirk and Uhura.  It was very controversial at the time and the network was against it but Rodenberry went to the mat and made it happen.  Ironically, both characters were being controlled by Aliens at the time so their kiss was not volitional.  Rodenberry wanted to have gay and lesbian crewmen on The Next Generation but the network said no.  Still, Rodenberry had a lot of credibility and was using it to make it happen.  Unfortunately, he died before he could realize it and his successors Rick Berman and Co. didn’t share Rodenberry’s conviction on the matter so it never happened.

After all these years, I still love Trek.  :D

24KT

• Getbig V
The Uhura actress didn’t quite do it or me.  She gave it her best, but Nichelle Nichols is a tough act to follow.  When she was young, Nichelle was the sexiest woman on television!  I remember some scenes from the original Trek where she bared her sculpted abs!  Did you know that Nichelle once had an affair with Rodenberry?

That's ok, ...we understand, ...really we do.  {tee hee}  ;) 

I think she did a good job under the circumstances, ...especially since we never really got to know Uhura in the original series. She had no character to be true to, I think she was great and she had great chemistry with Spock considering the limited parameters of their characters.

Did Spock really have to eject Kirk from the ship?  That seemed illogical.  Why not just confine him to quarters?  And the escape pod just happened to land on the same planet & continent where the elder Spock was hold up?  That was a bit too much.

Silly man, ...how else would they have met up?  ;D I agree, that part could have been fleshed out more. it makes sense for them to be on the same planet if for instance... Spock scanned for a planet for him to be confined to... an appropriate planet nearby with the type of inhabitants that would preclude him wanting to leave the pod? And since they were in the same vicinity as where Nero first captured Spock, ...it would make sense that they could meet up on the planet.  I loved the CGI on that red lobster spider thingy whatever that was. kirk really nailed the fear factor on that one. {lol}

Still it was a fun ride; I didn’t want it to end.  They definitely need to make some more prequels and flesh out more of the history of these beloved characters.

I couldn't agree with you more. And we have to see more of this Spock... he exudes a very subtle, yet smoldering sexuality under his surface that just begs to be explored. Hopefully, we'll get to see him tearing it up in the midst of 'pon farr'. He is definitely hot, HOT HOT!!!  :P

I have always admired Trek for recognizing the value of all human beings.  At a time when blacks were barely welcome on TV, Rodenberry put Nichelle on the bridge and when Asians were even less visible than blacks Sulu was not just there, he was a fully formed person.  It would have been so easy to make Sulu a cardboard cut out or an emotionless Spock-like character devoted to logic, math, science, etc.

He was definitely waaaay ahead of his time. Originally, in the pilot, the 2nd in command character was a woman, but audiences back then were too sexist to accept her. Sample feedback from audiences simply refused to accept that a woman could be in authority over men. Some even went so far as to say "Who does that woman think she is giving orders to a man." ...and that was a comment often echoed by many of the women... so, in the end, they agreed that Spock should be the 2nd in command.  Thank Goodness times have changed... somewhat.  :-\

Many people forget that Star Trek gave us TVs first interracial kiss between Kirk and Uhura.  It was very controversial at the time and the network was against it but Rodenberry went to the mat and made it happen.  Ironically, both characters were being controlled by Aliens at the time so their kiss was not volitional.

That HAD to be the premise, ...could you imagine the brouhaha if it had been voluntary. As it stands, ...the kiss didn't even happen. It was simulated, ...and one of the worse simulated kisses I'ved ever seen in my life.  :-\

Rodenberry wanted to have gay and lesbian crewmen on The Next Generation but the network said no.  Still, Rodenberry had a lot of credibility and was using it to make it happen.  Unfortunately, he died before he could realize it and his successors Rick Berman and Co. didn’t share Rodenberry’s conviction on the matter so it never happened.

No doubt about it, Roddenberry was a genius well ahead of his time. He frequently went to battle with the studios over his scripts. They wanted cowboys in space, and he delivered what they considered to be philosophical & psychological BS, ...but the fans loved it.
w

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

They missed the perfect scene for that in Shore Leave where McCoy goes up against the Knight

Generations had a funny one around Robinhood.  I laughed my ass off at this scene:

and what Worf says in this scene lol!

24KT

• Getbig V
That first video on which embedding is disabled is not permitted in my country.  :'(

Was it good?
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Finally saw it last night.

I have to agree: McCoy and Scotty over did it; every time either one of them was on screen I felt like they were trying too hard.  The Kirk and Spock actors nailed it.  I had reservations when I learned that the bad guy (Syler) from Heroes was going to play Spock but he more than lived up to the challenge.  That dude is a good actor.

It was cool to finally hear how McCoy got the name “Bones”!  The Uhura actress didn’t quite do it or me.  She gave it her best, but Nichelle Nichols is a tough act to follow.  When she was young, Nichelle was the sexiest woman on television!  I remember some scenes from the original Trek where she bared her sculpted abs!  Did you know that Nichelle once had an affair with Rodenberry?

Many people forget that Star Trek gave us TVs first interracial kiss between Kirk and Uhura.  It was very controversial at the time and the network was against it but Rodenberry went to the mat and made it happen.  Ironically, both characters were being controlled by Aliens at the time so their kiss was not volitional.  Rodenberry wanted to have gay and lesbian crewmen on The Next Generation but the network said no.  Still, Rodenberry had a lot of credibility and was using it to make it happen.  Unfortunately, he died before he could realize it and his successors Rick Berman and Co. didn’t share Rodenberry’s conviction on the matter so it never happened.

I agree with some of the stuff you got there.

I don't think there is a person on Earth who could have nailed that role better than Sylar.  He was spot on.  I think Urban did a nice job with bones and didn't over act and Sean of the Dead added a more luny side to scotty.

Kirk had to be ejected, he was causing a rift in command.  It was logical and the planet he landed on made sense for Spock prime to be on, because they were in the Vulcan solar system and Spock was put there to watch his planet die.  What was over board was landing with in a mile or two of Spock.  But hey, its the movies....

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
I fianlly saw it today.
Not bad at all

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
i saw it yesterday, i liked it a lot. Kirk, Spock and Sulu were really great, especially Spock was done very well.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
WooHoo, ...just heard...there WILL be a sequel!!!!!!!   :)

Chris Pine Talks Star Trek 2, Says Kirk Will Have A Love Interest
The actor, who plays James T Kirk in JJ Abrams' Star Trek reboot, has spoken briefly about the highly anticipated sequel..

Chris Pine has taken to his Facebook page to give Star Trek fans a brief update on the progress with the sequel..

“After a thousand questions regarding the Star Trek sequel I can finally say I am holding the draft script in my hand. I can also now tell you I have a love interest and it’s all looking very exciting. Sorry but I cant give you a date for filming yet, but you guys are going to love it!”

So at least we know Kirk gets some action then. This of course suggests that this love interest will play a substantial part in the movie's plot, and not be just another fling like the last movie's hot green chick! Aside from this, we know next to nothing about the plot. Only that Khan will not be the villain but it will be a character from the original series and he or she won’t be a “traditional” villain..

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Star Trek - WARNING Spoilers ***DO NOT READ*** if you haven't seen it yet
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 10:28:58 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=46343

JJ Abrams On Board Star Trek 2, Set To Shoot This Winter
It appears Mr Abrams has finally committed to directing a sequel to his 2009 Star Trek reboot. Reports from Vulture suggest that pre-production is underway and cameras will role as soon as this Winter..
We all thought it was inevitable that Abrams would eventually step back behind the camera for a sequel to his hugely popular Star Trek flick. But when his delay in committing outright caused Paramount to switch the sequel's planned release date of late June 2012 with that of the G.I. Joe 2 many began to get a little worried that he may not get to helm the movie himself. Well fear not..

Vulture can confirm that J.J. Abrams has finally committed to shooting Star Trek 2. Insiders familiar with the director's plans tell Vulture that pre-production is underway, that the script will be done by month's end and that Abrams will start shooting this winter.

Apparently the delay was due to screenwriter Alex Kurtzman being tied up getting his directorial debut Welcome To People in the can. But now he is all done and ready to boldly go again. The entire main cast of the first movie are set to return but we know very little about the plot. All we really do know for certain is that this will not be a remake or reboot of Wrath Of Khan as many fans thought (hoped?) it might be.

Now even though I trust Vulture completely, this isn't exactly OFFICIAL official if you get me, some type of studio release would be nice. Anyway, more info if and when we have it. Live long and prosper.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 07:08:37 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=49140

RUMOR: Villains for Star Trek 2 Revealed
Trek Brasilis is a popular Star Trek website for Brazilians and they have been contacted by a "reliable source" who has leaked the villains for the much anticipated sequel.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 08:57:06 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=49950

Latest Star Trek 2 Villain Rumor, This Might Surprise You...
The sequel to J.J. Abrams Star Trek movie will reportedly have a different take on a classic villain and will also feature some iconic creatures who will be given a more threatening demeanor.

Source: Think McFly Think

Via Think McFly Think, here's the latest rumor about the Star Trek sequel.

The Klingons play a prominent role in Star Trek 2. The angle, according to our sources, plays up them up as a Nomadic sect of warrior aliens causing trouble for the Federation — think an intergalactic Taliban with their home-planet overrun by Tribbles. Yes, those Tribbles, here in the newly rebooted continuity viewed as "furry carnivorous creatures."

Again, take this rumor with salt at the ready. The source is the same site that reported that Warner Bros. has a shortlist of screenwriters for the sequel to the new Superman movie. Still, I'm not going to 100% write-off the site until we see how their Superman news shakes out. The site also reports that Kahn will definitely not be in the movie. If this pans out, are you satisfied with Klingons and Tribbles for the long-awaited sequel?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 04:31:49 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=50243

Untitled Star Trek Sequel Gets A Release Date; Will Be Shot In 3D
The currently untitled sequel to director J.J. Abrams' Star Trek has finally been given a release date and is also confirmed to be in 3D. Find out when you can expect to see the crew of the U S S Enterprise back on the big screen here.

Deadline exclusively reveal that Paramount has given the Star Trek sequel a release date of May 17, 2013. The reason for this sudden decision follows the news that Sony had moved Roland Emmerich's Singularity from that date to November 1, 2013 freeing up that particular weekend for the highly anticipated follow up from director J.J. Abrams. The site confirm that there is still no official title for the movie and reveal that it will be filmed in 3D. Each cast member will return and the sequel is being co-written by Abrams with Damon Lindelhof, plus Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. Back in 2009, Star Trek was a big hit for the studio after it grossed $258M in North America and $130M internationally at the box office.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 12:38:35 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=50707

ROBOCOP Actor Peter Weller Joins The Cast of STAR TREK Sequel
Another addition to the cast of J.J. Abrams' Star Trek sequel... It has been revealed that the RoboCop actor Peter Weller has joined the highly anticipated sequel. More after the jump...

According to Variety, Peter Weller, who is best known for playing RoboCop in 1987 film and its sequel, has been cast in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek sequel:

J.J. Abrams has tapped veteran thesp Peter Weller for the ensemble cast of Paramount's upcoming "Star Trek" sequel. Specifics of Weller's role are under wraps. His selection came on the heels of Abrams choosing Alice Eve as a character that's believed to be new.

The cast is quite big, with Benicio del Toro as Abrams' top choice to play the villain. Peter Weller was most recently seen in TV shows like Fringe, Dexter and Psych. The script for the Star Trek sequel was written by Damon Lindelof, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci.

Production is set to start in early 2012, for a May 17, 2013 release.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 12:46:37 AM »
I should have known. It was JJ Abrams attempt to get this generation's Ricardo Montalban.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=50738

UPDATE: No Benicio Del Toro For STAR TREK Sequel, Further Reports Of Khan As The Villain
This will upset Trekkies, but Vulture report that the actor has passed on the role of the villain in JJ Abrams' upcoming sequel. They also report that despite the director's claims to the contrary, the villain is indeed Khan..
This is a real shame as Del Toro was one actor that we could all agree would be a great addition to this (any) cast. But unfortunately after initial talks a deal could not be reached. Vulture report..

Sadly, there's one high-profile star whom Abrams didn't manage to beam up: Benicio Del Toro, who entered into talks last month to play the sequel's new villain. Insiders tell Vulture that the deal actually went asunder last Wednesday after parties couldn't come to terms over monetary issues.

Abrams has another couple of great cast additions in Alice Eve and Peter Weller but he will have to move fairly fast to secure a replacement for Del Toro who would have played the movie's villain. But which villain? After Latino Review claimed to have uncovered the bad guy's identity as Khan Noonian Singh, Abrams himself shot it down with a "not true". But it seems the director was just denying this until he was good and ready to reveal it himself as another reliable source has pegged Khan as the villain too..

Vulture hears from a highly placed source that Khan is indeed the film's baddie.

Expect this to be revealed officially one way or the other soon enough. In the mean time, assuming it is Khan, who do you guys think would be a worthy replacement for Del Toro?

Here is an update of sorts from the movie's co-producer Damon Lindelof via his Twitter account..

"VULTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU RE!!!!!"

Take that to mean what you will, but I think it's fairly obvious. Khan is (un)officially the villain.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 12:50:09 AM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 09:41:08 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=50838

Edgar Ramirez Front-Runner To Replace Benicio Del Toro In STAR TREK 2; Jordi Molla Considered
Talks broke down with Benicio del Toro for the lead villain role in Star Trek 2, and it now down to front-runner Edgar Ramirez (The Bourne Ultimatum) and Jordi Molla (Columbiana). Is one of them our new KHAAAAN?!

Variety has broken the news that director J.J. Abrams is already narrowing down his hunt for the lead villain in Star Trek 2, with their sources telling them that Edgar Ramirez is the front-runner and Jordi Molla is also being considered. At this point, no offers are said to have been made. While it's unlikely that American audiences will be familiar with Ramirez, he was at one point said to be up for the role of General Zod in Man of Steel. Molla has starred in such blockbuster fare as Columbiana and Knight and Day.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 09:40:51 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=51528

RUMOR: Main Villain in STAR TREK 2 Could Be Captain Kirk's Best Friend Gary Mitchell
The website badassdigest.com is claiming that they have an inside source for JJ Abrams Star Trek 2, and says that a villain from the original television series will be in the film.

The Website badassdigest.com source wouldn't specifically say which villain will be featured in the film, but they do name five possible choices. And they say one of those five villains that were in the first season of the Star Trek television show will be the main baddie.

Just to keep track of all the rumors so far we have Latino Review claiming the main bad guy is Khan, then hours later JJ Abrams said Khan will not be in the movie. We also have cast member Simon Pegg saying that he has seen the script and claims that Khan wasn't not in it. While the most popular Brazilian fan site for Star trek reported that the villains would be Klingons. Of course with any rumor take it with a grain of salt.

badassdigest.com

I have an informant placed close to the production of JJ Abrams' Star Trek 2, and this informant got in touch with me to reveal that it looks like the storyline of the film has been decided. This person says that until the script is turned in anything could change.

Some sources give you all sorts of info, but this source likes to play games. I couldn’t get the exact character from them, but I got an email that reads:

It’s definitely a character that will make fans of TOS excited. Think along the lines of Harry Mudd or Trelane or Gary Mitchell or the Talosians or the Horta. Actually it’s one of those that I named.

Helmsman Mitchell and ship's psychiatrist Dr. Elizabeth Dehner are both knocked unconscious by the barrier's effect. When he awakens, Mitchell's eyes glow silver, and he begins to display remarkable psionics.

Mitchell becomes increasingly hostile toward the rest of the crew, declaring that he has become godlike, enforcing his desires with fearsome displays of telepathic and telekinetic. Science Officer Spock (Leonard Nimoy) comes to believe that Valiant crew members may have experienced the same phenomenon, and others must have destroyed the ship to keep the power from spreading. He advises Kirk that Mitchell may have to be killed before his powers develop further, but Kirk angrily disagrees. - Wikipedia

Harry Mudd - A human conman, rogue and trader/smuggler of the 23rd century who fled into galactic escapades to escape his shrewish wife Stella.

In 2366, James T. Kirk helped send Mudd to a rehab colony after he was caught using the illegal Venus drug to beautify three women he hoped to sell to miners on Ophiucus VI as brides.

Mudd's offenses at that time had included smuggling, transport of stolen goods, and purchase of a space vessel with counterfeit currency. - startrek.com

Talosians were once a technologically advanced culture but a nuclear holocaust left their planet virtually uninhabitable and killed most of the species. The survivors of the nuclear war congregated in underground dwellings, where they became dependent on their mental ability to create stunningly real illusions, an ability that had been developed by their ancestors. As their mental powers grew, they lost the ability to use the technology left behind by their ancestors. The Talosians found that life using illusion was addictive, almost like a Human developing a physical and psychological dependence on narcotics. They became bored with the content of the illusions which they had. Their dependence upon these illusions for mental stimuli caused the Talosians to begin capturing space travelers to use as the living basis for their illusions.- en.memory-alpha.org

The U.S.S. Enterprise must cross an empty sector of space on their way to deliver supplies to colony Beta VI. In this space, they find an uncharted planet whose presence can't be explained.

Trelane, a humanoid with tremendous psionic powers and a passion for Earth's 18th-century military history. It is he, they discover, who impulsively kidnapped Kirk and Sulu, wanting to add them to his arena of the Napoleonic era that he has created on this planet, Gothos.

While Trelane has great powers, he has little self-control and is spoiled, willful and impetuous. When McCoy and Jaeger appear, Trelane invites them all to join him at his party.- startrek.com

The Horta is a highly intelligent, silicon-based species, that is capable of tunneling through solid rock ike humans are able to walk through air.

Discovered on the planet Janus IV, the Horta is female, and lives below the planet's Federation mining facility.

Around stardate 3196.1, the Janus VI miners were suddenly attacked repeatedly by this creature, who as it turns out, was merely trying to protect her eggs. The miners were unaware that their mining posed a serious threat to both the Horta's unborn children and to the future of the entire Horta species.- startrek.com

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2011, 07:01:29 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=51635

Captain Pike to Return for STAR TREK 2
One of the screewriters, Bob Orci, sent out a spoiler alert that role of Captain Christopher Pike has been written into the script. But, will the actor Bruce Greenwood return for the much anticipated sequel?

During a coversation with TrekMovie.com, co-screenwriter of the Star Trek sequel let one spoiler slip past his lips. He informed the site that Bruce Greenwood's character, Captain Christopher Pike has been written into the script. Now, one of the interesting things is that Greenwood didn't not have an option in his contract for the sequel and it would require the actor signing back on to make it work. According to TrekMovie.com the actor has previously said in the past few years that he would be open to returning.

It's safe to assume that Bruce Greenwood will sign on for the sequel, but instead of being Captain, he'll be an Admirl. Which is the rank he was given at the conclusion of JJ Abrams first Star Trek.

Commenting here at TrekMovie.com yesterday, Star Trek sequel co-writer/producer Roberto Orci let a little sequel tidbit out of the bag with this comment:

Bob Orci: Spoiler alert! We wrote a part for Greenwood. Let us hope he says “Yes!”