Author Topic: Ain't that America something to see - fucking druggies  (Read 944 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Ain't that America something to see - fucking druggies
« on: May 19, 2009, 08:31:40 AM »

Former local news anchor Tolly Carr was released from prison early Monday.

An official at the Guilford Correction Facility in McLeansville said Carr was released at 1 a.m. to his parole officer and taken to his Greensboro home.

Carr had served more than two years for the March 2007 death of Casey Bokhoven.

Carr accepted a plea deal from prosecutors after the former WXII-TV morning anchor ran over and killed the 26-year-old Bokhoven while driving drunk.

Bokhoven was walking home early in the morning of March 11. Carr's pickup went a construction roadblock on First St., lost control and hit Bokhoven, who was on a sidewalk.

Prosecutors had a toxicology report estimating Carr has somewhere between 12-22 drinks the night leading up to the accident. The report stated his blood alcohol was up to three times above the 0.08 legal limit.

Carr refused to take a breathalyzer test by officers at the scene. Several hours after the accident, Carr turned himself over to authorities and submitted to a blood test.

In August 2007, Carr pled guilty to felony death by motor vehicle and felony serious injury. He was sentenced to between 25 and 39 months in prison. He began serving his sentence immediately. Authorities said since Carr went to jail days after his arrest and went to prison immediately after entering his plea, he received credit for time served.

On November 18, 2008, Carr's lawyer reached a settlement with Bokhoven's family attorneys. The family agreed to drop their wrongful death civil suit against Carr. In exchange, Carr agreed to make payments to the family beginning in May 2010. Details about the amount of the settlement, including how much Carr will pay the family each year, are confidential.

Carr will spend the next five years on supervised probation.

He killed a man and served 2 whole years in prison.  Oooooooo.  And here's the real kicker:

Carr was sentenced under more strict drunk driving laws passed by the 2006 North Carolina Legislature.

More strict??  WTF?! 

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Ain't that America something to see - fucking druggies
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 08:34:09 AM »
When I'm in San Francisco, I always ride the Tolly Carr.
a

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 10:13:24 AM »
maybe he thought he could "handle that rig" as he stumbled toward his pickup truck

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 10:15:20 AM »
hope he was shower raped on a daily basis.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 10:32:22 AM »
"That's the news... and I am outta here."

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 03:27:07 PM »

Liberty and justice for most.