Author Topic: Scientists Unveil Missing Link In Evolution  (Read 29170 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Scientists Unveil Missing Link In Evolution
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 05:19:51 AM »
I was kinda thinking that when I saw 47 million years.  Not sure what loco was thinking.  I guess he wasn't :)

What?  All I said is that scientists have always said that humans "did not evolve from monkeys", that chimpanzees and humans are both apes and that they share a common ancestor, an ancient "ape-like" ancestor.

Monkeys are not apes.  Chimpanzees and humans are not monkeys.  But Chimpanzees and humans are apes.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Missing-Link-Scientists-In-New-York-Unveil-Fossil-Of-Lemur-Monkey-Hailed-As-Mans-Earliest-Ancestor/Article/200905315284582?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15284582_Missing_Link%3A_Scientists_In_New_York_Unveil_Fossil_Of_Lemur_Monkey_Hailed_As_Mans_Earliest_Ancestor

The search for a direct connection between humans and the rest of the animal kingdom has taken 200 years - but it was presented to the world today at a special news conference in New York.

The discovery of the 95%-complete 'lemur monkey' - dubbed Ida - is described by experts as the "eighth wonder of the world".

Now they are saying that the missing link between humans and the rest of the animal kingdom is a monkey.

They are confusing the general public.  Nothing about this fossil suggests it is anything other than an extinct, monkey like creature. Its appearance is far from chimpanzee, let alone human. I'm sure they'll be coming up with all kinds of theories to support this contradiction.

What's your problem with my comment, Hugo?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 05:30:55 AM »
What?  All I said is that scientists have always said that humans "did not evolve from monkeys", that chimpanzees and humans are both apes and that they share a common ancestor, an ancient "ape-like" ancestor.

Monkeys are not apes.  Chimpanzees and humans are not monkeys.  But Chimpanzees and humans are apes.

Now they are saying that the missing link between humans and the rest of the animal kingdom is a monkey.

They are confusing the general public.  And now I'm sure they'll be coming up with all kinds of theories to support this.

What's your problem with my comment?

AND apes evolved from tree dwelling monkey like animals.
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 05:33:54 AM »
AND apes evolved from tree dwelling monkey like animals.

Hardly the missing link between humans and the rest of the animal kingdom.   :)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 05:49:19 AM »
Hardly the missing link between humans and the rest of the animal kingdom.   :)

So are we back to talking snakes in magic gardens now?
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2009, 05:53:04 AM »
So are we back to talking snakes in magic gardens now?

No.  How does anything I have posted here have anything to do with talking snakes in magic gardens?  Everything I've posted here is true, isn't it?

Oh, one more thing:  This looks more like an animal that was quickly buried by a global flood.    ;)

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2009, 05:55:28 AM »
You could have undeniable evidence (not saying this one is, necessarily) but the "faithful" will simply ignore it. That's supposedly an admirable trait.

The more delusional, the better.

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2009, 05:56:21 AM »
Oh, one more thing:  This looks more like an animal that was quickly buried by a global flood.    ;)

I like how you think you know more than the actual experts on the scene. wow.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 05:57:40 AM »
You could have undeniable evidence (not saying this one is, necessarily) but the "faithful" will simply ignore it. That's supposedly an admirable trait.

The more delusional, the better.

Oh, so this isn't about science and discovery?  This is about some agenda to "kill" faith in God?  I see.    :)

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2009, 06:00:42 AM »
Oh, so this isn't about science and discovery?  This is about some agenda to "kill" faith in God?  I see.    :)

If you're talking about agenda look no further than ANY organized religion. You are part of one.

The scientists are doing nothing more than working towards enlightenment and advancement of civilization. You and your group are hindering.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2009, 06:02:12 AM »
I like how you think you know more than the actual experts on the scene. wow.

How so?  All I've done here is repeat what the "actual experts" have always said, except for the global flood comment.  That was just for Deicide.    :)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2009, 06:05:04 AM »
If you're talking about agenda look no further than ANY organized religion. You are part of one.

The scientists are doing nothing more than working towards enlightenment and advancement of civilization. You and your group are hindering.

You are the one turning this into a science vs. religion war.  Look at my posts above and tell me how they are religious or un-scientific in nature?

By the way, I like your name!

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2009, 06:12:36 AM »
You are the one turning this into a science vs. religion war.  Look at my posts above and tell me how they are religious or un-scientific in nature?

By the way, I like your name!

You were quick to shoot the evidence down without actually giving it time. I, for one, don't think of anything yet of this fossil, but given time and scrutiny it has the potential of making it to our grandchildren's science textbooks. It could be as standard as the anatomy chart.

I like my name also. Too bad Joel has the least pages in the bible.  >:(

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2009, 06:15:37 AM »
So, the missing link is a monkey.  Monkeys are not apes.

Funny how scientists for years have been trying to hammer it into the heads of the general population that monkeys are not apes and that humans DID NOT evolve from monkeys.  Now they are going to confuse them by telling them that the missing link is a monkey.     :)
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq/cat02.html

unless I was confused I thought you were being sarcastic, if so I stand by my reply loco.  If not, my bust.  It sounded to me like you were putting forth an ah-ha, busted style sarcasm with link provided no less...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2009, 06:17:48 AM »
unless I was confused I thought you were being sarcastic, if so I stand by my reply loco.  If not, my bust.  It sounded to me like you were putting forth an ah-ha, busted style sarcasm with link provided no less...

I am not being sarcastic, and I stand my by post.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2009, 06:22:41 AM »
I am not being sarcastic, and I stand my by post.
What point?  What's your point, now you have me fucking confused.  You replied like I got it wrong, did I get it right what you said?  If so your point in the post was not relevant since this little fella would be a common ancestor to all of them.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2009, 06:30:56 AM »
You were quick to shoot the evidence down without actually giving it time. I, for one, don't think of anything yet of this fossil, but given time and scrutiny it has the potential of making it to our grandchildren's science textbooks. It could be as standard as the anatomy chart.

I wasn't "quick to shoot the evidence down", though I am certainly free to do so if I wish to and it would have nothing to do with religion or with being un-scientific.  Anybody, whether theist or atheist, scientist or not, has the right to question "the evidence."  I was simply making a very valid comment.

And I personally believe already that no matter what, this fossil will probably be pictured in all the science textbooks for the next 100 years.  Remember Ernst Haeckel's fraudulent drawings which appeared in Biology textbooks for 100 years?

Take a quick look at this thread:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=169896.msg2394423#msg2394423

I like my name also. Too bad Joel has the least pages in the bible.  >:(

;D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2009, 06:35:45 AM »
What point?  What's your point, now you have me fucking confused.  You replied like I got it wrong, did I get it right what you said?  If so your point in the post was not relevant since this little fella would be a common ancestor to all of them.

I don't get it Hugo.  My post is very relevant.  And if you are confused, that makes my point even more valid.  Hugo, I can't make it any more clear than I already have.  Deicide and Joel don't seem confused to me.  You don't seem to understand my point, and I do not understand yours.

Are you saying that monkeys are apes?  Are you saying that humans directly evolved from monkeys?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2009, 06:39:57 AM »
I don't get it Hugo.  My post is very relevant.  And if you are confused, that makes my point even more valid.  Hugo, I can't make it any more clear than I already have.  Deicide and Joel don't seem confused to me.  You don't seem to understand my point, and I do not understand yours.

Are you saying that monkeys are apes?  Are you saying that humans directly evolved from monkeys?
what the fuck jackass???  What the fuck exactly was the fucking point of that first post I replied to?  Just fucking say it asshole.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2009, 06:43:48 AM »
what the fuck jackass???  What the fuck exactly was the fucking point of that first post I replied to?  Just fucking say it asshole.

::)

Forget it.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2009, 06:52:25 AM »

Forget it.   
no, I won't.  State it.  You're looking busted now, so state it.  I figured you were trying to pull a quick one when you realized I was right with the timeline making your point not relevant.  If you bust out now, that's exactly what it looks like.

What was your point in the original post I replied to?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2009, 06:55:10 AM »
no, I won't.  State it.  You're looking busted now, so state it.  I figured you were trying to pull a quick one when you realized I was right with the timeline making your point not relevant.  If you bust out now, that's exactly what it looks like.

Fine.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2009, 06:57:22 AM »

Fine.
fine what?  What was your point in the original post I replied to?

busted ;)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2009, 07:02:38 AM »
fine what?  What was your point in the original post I replied to?

busted ;)

Whatever you say, freaking psycho!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2009, 07:14:26 AM »
yea, p'wnd.... ;)  Next time it might work out better just to admit your bust instead of seeking a cheap cover.  I do...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2009, 07:23:41 AM »
yea, p'wnd.... ;)  Next time it might work out better just to admit your bust instead of seeking a cheap cover.  I do...

You owned only yourself here, and you are coming off as an angry, uneducated, misinformed, under medicated psycho. 

Next time it might work out better just to answer my questions, without the insults, without the meltdowns, and without going psycho on me.  That way I can understand your point and answer your questions, and make my point more clear, if that were possible.

Good day, Hugo!