Author Topic: Bodybuilding Related Quiz and Photos - And Get Big Opinions  (Read 11925 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: Bodybuilding Related Quiz and Photos - And Get Big Opinions
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2009, 12:13:27 PM »
Meso ... only hard (difficult) because you are too young to remember. But you are pretty knowledgeable about BB, so use this stuff to expand that knowledge.
Someday you may show up on Jeopardy and pick the ancient (but extinct) bodybuilding category

Name one individual in the photo below.

And then name the most polite individual in that photo.  Probably the most polite person in the whole darn sport.
the tall dude is Noah Steere.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2009, 12:16:01 PM »
Thanks, Doc. I met Debbie a couple of times and just missed her most recent Las Vegas performance at the South Point here in Vegas. Also "almost" got in a car wreck with Eddie Fisher while he sped by us on Sunset Blvd back in them good old days. (Remember - You heard it here first!)

Dr, the other guy is Dick Dubois (I think) and that shot was taken in 1954 during the promotional 'tour' for Athena to the best of my recollection.

Quaker, you are correct on Noah Steer ... one of the politest athletes I've ever met in any sporting endeavor and that includes hard core MMA athletes whom I also consider to be at the top of the politeness heap.

Great abs on the kid in the above photo. Or would you rather look like this?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2009, 12:19:28 PM »
Also "almost" got in a car wreck with Eddie Fisher while he sped by us on Sunset Blvd back in them good old days. (Remember - You heard it here first!)
Ouch. Maybe he was in a rush to speed away from his marriage to Miss Reynolds and hit up his next conquest and bride, Elizabeth Taylor!? You could have saved her marriage, stunt!!!  ;D 

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2009, 12:27:52 PM »
Damn, Doc! I wrote that exact same thing (speeding off to see Liz) but erased it because is appeared too much like Hedda Hopper or that other Hollywood nosey broad. Maybe even too much like Earl Wilson maybe.

(Got a good story about me and Earl Wilson and Jack Dempsey to tell you one of these days!)

And speaking about MMA dudes (see above), let me throw a few in here..... I am very serious when I say that they are among the politest athletes I've ever had the opportunity to meet..

If the fighter pictured below had reason to hit me in the nose, he'd probably apologize immeditely and send a box of chocolates ......  or a dozen roses for my casket.

Name him ..... I was in the back so I didn't see that fight but it looks like he got the shit kicked out of him a bit. He always smiles a bit if and when he looses.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2009, 12:35:33 PM »
Another MMA fighter.

Actually I'm not a fan of MMA fights but if I am within the vicinity of any fighter, I always walk over  and offer a handshake.....

That's how I met Jack Dempsey and Joe Lewis among many many others.

Does anyone remember a Marine back in the 60's who used to sneak off base in Okinawa to learn martial arts in the local Dojos? Eventually he became very famous. His last name must have been "Lewis" too because it sparked my memory banks. Any help here?

More MMA fighter pictures below.. Can you name them?

@Brandon

• Getbig III
  • Functional muscle.
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2009, 12:40:10 PM »
Forrest.

Forgot the name on the middle guy.

Brad Imes is one tall mofo.

Why deleting your pics?

Pics will not slow down your PC, keep the pics m8.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2009, 12:49:09 PM »
Thanks, Brandon! Based on earlier and thoughtful advice, I am gonna keep them but I will be transferring them to separate disks for storage. In the process of deleting or saving them outside of my hard drive, I have discovered that my computer works much better for some reason. Others agree with you that a lot of photos should not slow down my Mac but I had something like 8,000 to 10,000 photos on this machine. Maybe that is more than "a lot"??

As you can probably tell, I carry my camera with me at all times and take pictures of anything I think will either change or be of importance for prosperity.

Did you see the picture of Arnold and Dave and Andy sitting in the tree?

Yep, you are right on Forrest...... Introduce yourself if you ever see him. You will be impressed. "Humble" best describes him.

Yea, I am 5 foot 12 inches and hurt my neck talking to Brad.

Thanks for your input.

OK, Two more fighters, then back to bodybuilding.....

Sorry ladies, I got tons of old time fitness/bodybuilding pics but they are on a disc in storage. If there is enough interest, I'll do my best to find them on my next trip north. Those photos include the likes of Cory and Rachael and Bev before they were famous. Mostly casual stuff.

Can anyone name these two fighters? .....

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2009, 01:04:29 PM »
Good to see that the Haterz are posting elsewhere. Thanks , guys and gals (and that includes you Haterz too!)

It's appreciated!

I have the utmost respect for anyone who trains hard for any endeavor (sports or otherwise), so I sort of resent any part of the human population who thinks differently than I do and expresses that difference with a great degree of hostility.

And that statement is about as 'hostile' as I can get against anyone who thinks differently than I myself do.

So , thanks for calming down a bit here.

Here's a meal I lost to a USA competitor recently. He asked for my honest opinion before the event and I told him he wouldn't place in the top five within his wt class. So we made a bet and I lost and he wanted a good cut of Prime Rib. This is his second serving.

BTW, I am damn happy I lost that bet as I was responsible for his pre-contest prep and don't consider myself to be any sort of an expert in that regards.

It may not be the best in town but it is considered to be the largest ...... Jerry's Nuggat in North LV.

PS  About a third of that cut had already been consumed when this photo was taken.

BigAnt

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • What don't kill me...makes me stronger
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2009, 01:05:39 PM »
Excellence within the competitive world.

Update??
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles Clairmont from England...

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2009, 01:09:10 PM »
Thanks, Ant! He is damn impressive in that photo! When was that taken and what is he doing today? Still competing? He's one of the few pros who I've never seen in person or shaken hands with.

Thanks!

will938

• Getbig III
  • No Bull!
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2009, 01:09:10 PM »
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles Clairmont from England...

Who is now doing some kind of coaching at a gym in St Albans in the UK
Team Efferding

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2009, 02:46:16 PM »
Here are a bunch more photos that I am deleting from my hard drive in an attempt to make more room so my computer will speed up, ..... but I thought I'd pass them along to you all first as some of you Get Biggers have enjoyed these old time photos in the past.

Deleting photos won't speed up your computer! Buy an external hard drive to store all your photos. You probably need a new computer. Too many applications and not enough RAM memory (NOT hard drive memory!) are the culprits for slow computers. Plus, you could have problems with antivirus and firewall applications.

btw, thanks for posting those photos.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2009, 02:47:38 PM »
Thanks, Brandon! Based on earlier and thoughtful advice, I am gonna keep them but I will be transferring them to separate disks for storage. In the process of deleting or saving them outside of my hard drive, I have discovered that my computer works much better for some reason. Others agree with you that a lot of photos should not slow down my Mac but I had something like 8,000 to 10,000 photos on this machine. Maybe that is more than "a lot"??

As you can probably tell, I carry my camera with me at all times and take pictures of anything I think will either change or be of importance for prosperity.

Did you see the picture of Arnold and Dave and Andy sitting in the tree?

Yep, you are right on Forrest...... Introduce yourself if you ever see him. You will be impressed. "Humble" best describes him.

Yea, I am 5 foot 12 inches and hurt my neck talking to Brad.

Thanks for your input.

OK, Two more fighters, then back to bodybuilding.....

Sorry ladies, I got tons of old time fitness/bodybuilding pics but they are on a disc in storage. If there is enough interest, I'll do my best to find them on my next trip north. Those photos include the likes of Cory and Rachael and Bev before they were famous. Mostly casual stuff.

Can anyone name these two fighters? .....

First one is Jeremy Horn.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2009, 03:36:18 PM »
RIght, Debussey, Good old "GUMBY". I was surprised how tall he was. 6'1". You follow this MMA stuff?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2009, 06:14:36 PM »
Neat piece of equipment for ab work! I've seen a few of these in some of the Gold's Gyms and they are usually always occupied. Have not had a chance to try it myself but it appears to be an effective piece of equipment.

Anyone use it? Produce results?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2009, 06:18:14 PM »
Who produces this piece of equipment? The complete line received a lot of interest at a recent Fitness Expo in So Cal.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2009, 06:48:52 AM »
RIght, Debussey, Good old "GUMBY". I was surprised how tall he was. 6'1". You follow this MMA stuff?

Too bad about his latest performances. He has lost 4 out of his 5 last matches, and is 0-3-0 in his last UFC run :-\ (although beating guys like Marquardt is no easy task)

(Yes, Debussey follows MMA a bit)

Who is that last guy? It could almost be a young Nate Diaz? (not sure here though)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2009, 10:54:12 AM »
Thanks for the info you posted. I did everything that was recommended by Getbiggers and it is working better than ever now. Plus I went a strp further and deleted thousands of old photos .... actually I downloaded them to a few disks and then deleted them.

Debussey, I don't follow MMA as much as Debussy does, but I will go out of my way a bit to shake the hand of any athlete participating in any sport that I know the slightest bit about. Never have been impressed with golf so when I found myself in an elevator with Tiger Woods, I simply nodded and wished him well for his next tournament.

Those MMA shots were taken at The Palms in LV after a major fight and I shook the hand of every fighter that was available.

I was somewhat amazed that each and every one of them took the time to look me in the eye and answer any questions I threw at them. And each and every one of them was polite to perfection. And as you can see each was willing hit a pose for the camera without asking for a twenty dollar bill.

I hate to see someone getting the shit kicked out of him when he's down so that is the major reason I don't attend every fight I possibly can.

BTW, if that is actually you in your avatar, you do know me.

And I don't know if that is Diaz or not, but I can find out if you want to know.

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2009, 11:03:36 AM »
Keep the pics coming!  This is quite entertaining.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2009, 11:11:14 AM »
Here is a total loser
This guy Eric Shanon is a loser and a nubaine freak.He burned alot of people in Vegas, for GH to support his bad habits. His wife, is a good looking girl who usually works as a stripper to support his bodybuilding lifestyle, so he can live the dream.
True story, my employee, and I were in the gym training arms.Now my employee is only 180lbs, just a toned guy, he doesnt use any anabolics because he is mormon.He is a great worker, he runs my production facility in Utah.
Anyways a well known NATIONAL Level bodybuilder walks by named Chris Bennet, who had absolutley huge arms.My employee says to me, I want to take what ever he is taking.
My employee was talkiong to me.Eric Shannon buts in and says to my employee, if you got to say something bad about my friend you need to take it up with me first.
I then say, listen clown he wasnt talking to you, he was talking to me and he was giving Chris a compliment.I then said if you have a problem with my friend, then you have to take up with me.
We can settle this right here, right now.Eric Shannon didnt say a word , he put his head down, and left the gym.What a coward.Eric Shannon at the time was 240-250lbs, and he was picking a fight with a guy who is 180lbs, that was even talking to him.But when I butted in a man who is about the same size maybe larger, he didnt have anything to say.
Eric Shannon is a loser.He ripped 2-3 people I know off by taking there money and promising them kits, and kept there money=loser.Lives off a stripper wife so he can be a bodybuilder=loser
Pics fight with smaller guys =loser.Hooked on nubaine =loser

PeteCZ

• Getbig II
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2009, 11:30:28 AM »
Another small gutted,, ripped bodybuilder in great condition. This is the type of bodybuilder who should be considered for the Hollywood movie super-hero roles.

Stefan Havlik

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2009, 11:58:01 AM »
Here is a total loser
Strange hair. Looks like he should have a fish hook hanging out of the side of his mouth.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2009, 05:11:32 PM »
In an effort to make this BB related, you'll be driving over this new bridge (presently under construction) when you drive from Arizona to Las Vegas for the NPC USA BB Championships. It's an amazing feat of engineering, folks!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2009, 05:14:55 PM »
Big change! ....  Before and after.

Is he still competing?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2009, 05:15:54 PM »
In an effort to make this BB related, you'll be driving over this new bridge (presently under construction) when you drive from Arizona to Las Vegas for the NPC USA BB Championships. It's an amazing feat of engineering, folks!

is that it's present state of construction?  i drove through there over a year ago and it looked just like that.